Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Chuma Okeke dropped a single. Heavy Summertime vibes. 

Love the sound. Am I crazy to think that maybe a little of his Nigerian roots come through in that? I have some critiques but I don't really feel qualified to offer them, lol. I could definitely see this having a spot in my beach playlist. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, McLoofus said:

Love the sound. Am I crazy to think that maybe a little of his Nigerian roots come through in that? I have some critiques but I don't really feel qualified to offer them, lol. I could definitely see this having a spot in my beach playlist. 

I think there’s some enunciation coming through. It’s not the best rap song I’ve ever heard, and certainly not the worst. But he’s no Shaq Diesel that’s for damn sure 😂

And yes I had this album and the two that followed it when I was a kid. Put it on the boom box while playing basketball in the driveway with the hoop lowered to like 6 feet. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So to me that is just straight fire. I actually looked him up because there's no faking that accent and, sure enough, he grew up in Texas. Anyway, all I ever hear about this dude is somewhat like-minded music fans being surprised at how much they like things he's done. And this makes me understand that. I also read that he tends to appropriate culture, and maybe this is him appropriating the resurgence of trad/outlaw country. I mean, I guess that's exactly what it is. But if it's good, and the dude isn't straight up copyright infringing, then I don't know if I care? Great pull, boss. I enjoyed listening to that. 

I remember the first time I saw him in a tv setting was on the Tonight Show when he and JF went to Olive Garden. It was strangely endearing. He seemed completely normal to me. 

If it helps, Sturg said in an interview with Rogan sometime last year that he and Post had been chatting via Zoom and that he loves the guy. Called him “a super sweet kid”. So I have to imagine Sturgill thinks it’s pretty cool.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I remember the first time I saw him in a tv setting was on the Tonight Show when he and JF went to Olive Garden. It was strangely endearing. He seemed completely normal to me. 

If it helps, Sturg said in an interview with Rogan sometime last year that he and Post had been chatting via Zoom and that he loves the guy. Called him “a super sweet kid”. So I have to imagine Sturgill thinks it’s pretty cool.

He does seem like a genuinely good, fun, funny guy. Goodness knows he's all over the damn place, which tells me that he's got a lot of friends in the entertainment industry. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Am I the only one that thinks if I pay the kind of money necessary for a ride like that, then I want to be more comfortable than that.  They look so uncomfortable.  Knees up in their chest and everything.  

image.png.9a47875715e731f98f066161e75217a6.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Post went on the Rogan podcast, and Rogan posted an after picture of an ashtray filled with cig butts and like 6 empty Bud Light (his sponsor) tallboy cans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Post went on the Rogan podcast, and Rogan posted an after picture of an ashtray filled with cig butts and like 6 empty Bud Light (his sponsor) tallboy cans. 

“Post was here” I think was the caption?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

SIAP

I've always said PR is a top 5 all-time country song, and I will die on that hill. 

Now I find myself eyeing a hill covered in blue grass...

• Love 1

New Liquid Tension Experiment. Levin still kicks ass at 74.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Great song especially from my hippie era those were the days one of the first times BF played live

Incredible song. Have heard many great covers of it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Absolutely

One of my favorites was in New Orleans. A big group of people got a block of hotel rooms for a Widespread Panic show, and then hired a bus to shuttle to and from the show. This was a hard partying crowd. It was probably 2:00 AM before everyone got back on the bus, and people were still in full party mode. As the bus pulled out, this girl with an amazing voice started singing that song, and the whole bus shut up and she was the only thing you could hear. It was like a lullaby for a bunch of intoxicated adults. I'll always remember it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Vivid dropped 33 years ago...

I've been following Vernon Reid on twitter- seems like a hell of a nice and interesting dude with an encyclopedic knowledge of music, unsurprisingly- and it's been making me want to go back and listen to some of their deep cuts. I never got too far into it because I wanted everything to sound like this song back in the day.

And by everything, I mean everything

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I've been following Vernon Reid on twitter- seems like a hell of a nice and interesting dude with an encyclopedic knowledge of music, unsurprisingly- and it's been making me want to go back and listen to some of their deep cuts. I never got too far into it because I wanted everything to sound like this song back in the day.

And by everything, I mean everything

Didn't we all...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not the biggest Pep Shop Boys fan but I do love this song and now I can hear it in a commerical. I also like when they take a good song and fit it in a commerical

Just a little different age will do that..................................... still a great song and Paul reynolds was underrated imo

Then

And now 

• Like 1