Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Just started reading this but what looks to be a really nice interview with Scott Register, aka Reg from Bham Mountain Radio. This guy is a really prominent figure in my personal experience as a music consumer.

https://www.al.com/life/2022/01/scott-register-on-influencing-alabama-music-lovers-for-25-years-i-tell-people-im-a-conduit.html

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just started reading this but what looks to be a really nice interview with Scott Register, aka Reg from Bham Mountain Radio. This guy is a really prominent figure in my personal experience as a music consumer.

https://www.al.com/life/2022/01/scott-register-on-influencing-alabama-music-lovers-for-25-years-i-tell-people-im-a-conduit.html

Helped me find a lot of good music back in the day but “life” has kept me from listening in several years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Helped me find a lot of good music back in the day but “life” has kept me from listening in several years

Same. To the point that I forget to listen to tunes even when I do have the chance. It's just not habitual anymore and I hate that. This thread is huge for me in that way. 

I'm actually listening to his recs from this interview now. 

• Love 1

Here's two new songs for y'all.  Two of my favorite country singers in the same video.

• Like 1

For any of you that enjoy learning the the music theory behind some of your favorite songs, Rick Beato is the best at breaking down songs into their individual parts.  Plus, he will actually play most parts note for note. Pretty awesome.

He has a ton of these videos but I linked one of my favorite songs ever since you know, its awesome.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 1/25/2022 at 9:49 AM, fredst said:

On 1/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, McLoofus said:

Same. To the point that I forget to listen to tunes even when I do have the chance. It's just not habitual anymore and I hate that. This thread is huge for me in that way. 

I'm actually listening to his recs from this interview now. 

My discover weekly on Spotify helps me discover a lot of new music, as well as my two best friends, whom I play a lot of music with.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Didba said:

For any of you that enjoy learning the the music theory behind some of your favorite songs, Rick Beato is the best at breaking down songs into their individual parts.  Plus, he will actually play most parts note for note. Pretty awesome.

He has a ton of these videos but I linked one of my favorite songs ever since you know, its awesome.

Very interesting. I know what I like but am not knowledgeable about music. Always find it fascinating to read/hear how songs get constructed though. Read an interview with Keith Richard’s once about his creative process with “Street Fighting Man”-it was incredible what he did to achieve the sound that he had running through his mind.

STP- man I loved “Core” and “Purple”. Hated that Weiland just couldn’t stay clean.

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

Very interesting. I know what I like but am not knowledgeable about music. Always find it fascinating to read/hear how songs get constructed though. Read an interview with Keith Richard’s once about his creative process with “Street Fighting Man”-it was incredible what he did to achieve the sound that he had running through his mind.

STP- man I loved “Core” and “Purple”. Hated that Weiland just couldn’t stay clean.

I love the Rick has all the masters to the songs he breaks down so when he isolates an instrument its literally what the studio engineers and producers would here in the studio when laying down tracks.

I am still learning a lot about song writing and music theory in general so I love these videos, entertaining and they teach me stuff about song structure, melodies between instruments and vocals, etc.

STP, man, I love to cover their stuff Weiland was phenomenal, when you sing his songs and hit his notes, its just unbelievable that all of that came from his mind.  We lost so many to drugs just from the 90s, Weiland, Staley, Cornell, Cobain, Brad Nowell...

and I love their music, as depressing as some of it could be...

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

you guys like funk? cursing warning fyi

Edited by Didba

On 2/8/2022 at 7:37 PM, augolf1716 said:

I love love love Tull thank god I got to see them once

Always has a hard time embracing JT. Sorry 😞. I do like it better as I’ve gotten older 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Always has a hard time embracing JT. Sorry 😞. I do like it better as I’ve gotten older 

Well you just suck fredst all there is to it

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well you just suck fredst all there is to it

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Finally someone said it.

😊Y’all *get* me🥰

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Actually I'm worried about you........I mean anyone who does not like Tull well that speaks for itself

I don't think you were supposed to sympathize with the guy sitting on the park bench FYI. 

#rockflute

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think you were supposed to sympathize with the guy sitting on the park bench FYI. 

#rockflute

Absolutely fredst has some issues he needs to work on and I'm just a kindly old man trying to help

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Absolutely fredst has some issues he needs to work on and I'm just a kindly old man trying to help

Between you and @McLoofuspicking on me in this thread and all the torture on the sports boards…..this is how I feel so I dedicate this to both of you. Great song with two of the greatest guitar solos in rock history….better than the two of y’all deserve btw

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

Between you and @McLoofuspicking on me in this thread and all the torture on the sports boards…..this is how I feel so I dedicate this to both of you. Great song with two of the greatest guitar solos in rock history….better than the two of y’all deserve btw

Now see that's your problem I should have my own dedication and not have to share with loof.

No offense loof

And you think this is picking on you you should be in poor birds shoes 

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, fredst said:

"Omg this song is perfect."

"Omg, it's still perfect."

"How do this perfect song continue to be perfect?"

*fadeout begins*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

(Perfect timing for a walk in perfect weather and listened start to finish and that is a summary of my thoughts.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Now see that's your problem I should have my own dedication and not have to share with loof.

No offense loof

And you think this is picking on you you should be in poor birds shoes 

I’ll dedicate this other fave from Pink to you then. You deserve it. Damn, David Gilmour a magician…

• Like 1
  • Love 3

54 minutes ago, fredst said:

One of the best album covers ever by the way

• Love 1