Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 4/11/2022 at 9:06 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Love Steely Dan. Jimmy Page, no slouch on the guitar, has said he thinks Elliott Randall’s solo on this is his favorite of all time (apparently done in one take):

• Like 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, fredst said:

Love Steely Dan. Jimmy Page, no slouch on the guitar, has said he thinks Elliott Randall’s solo on this is his favorite of all time (apparently done in one take):

Agree. Steely Dan has had an impressive lineup of guitarists no doubt. Including Randall, Becker, Larry Carlton, Denny Dias, Skunk Baxter, Wayne Krantz, Dean Parks and Rick Derringer. Probably left some out. All outstanding!

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Like 2

Here's an interesting guitar piece. Well two actually. George Harrison on slide and Alvin Lee. Amazing work.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fredst said:

Great great album and how can you not love Steely Dan.......

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Usually don't post much bluegrass but I'm a big fan of it. My father in law was a mean banjo player from West Virg. he could play OBS with the best of them. Here is some great fiddle playing 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Usually don't post much bluegrass but I'm a big fan of it. My father in law was a mean banjo player from West Virg. he could play OBS with the best of them. Here is some great fiddle playing 

Got back from the Smokies last night. McWifey was cooking dinner and I asked her what she was in the mood to listen to. She said, "Just please nothing with banjos." I must have overdone it at the cabin. But man I can listen to it all day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 6:16 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m assuming Marcus King has been discussed here…but I could spin this s*** all day. 

On 4/23/2022 at 8:29 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

That dude is crazy talented.

Yes please thank you. Both very very good.

Billy channeling Doc Watson a bit on that vocal.

I post this video every two years or so I just think its so cool and well done. Fun to see European/ mostly Italians kids going all out to get the Foo Fighters come to Cesena, Italy. I not a big fan of FF but this is to good not to post imo

• Like 4

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I post this video every two years or so I just think its so cool and well done. Fun to see European/ mostly Italians kids going all out to get the Foo Fighters come to Cesena, Italy. I not a big fan of FF but this is to good not to post imo

I'm not a fan of Foo Fighters or that song, but that is just incredibly cool. 

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm not a fan of Foo Fighters or that song, but that is just incredibly cool. 

I actually kinda like this one song from them but it I think it is because of the video more then the song

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I actually kinda like this one song from them but it I think it is because of the video more then the song

I understand that. So much joy in this video. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I like Foo Fighters. They put on a hell of a concert. There's nothing going on below the surface with them. In fact, Grohl has stated that he doesn't care about lyrics very much. Just talented musicians making big rock and roll. I dig their thing. Hated to hear about the drummer.

Further to the above concept, I somehow only recently saw this.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 7:33 AM, McLoofus said:

I like Foo Fighters. They put on a hell of a concert. There's nothing going on below the surface with them. In fact, Grohl has stated that he doesn't care about lyrics very much. Just talented musicians making big rock and roll. I dig their thing. Hated to hear about the drummer.

Further to the above concept, I somehow only recently saw this.

Love this but let’s be honest… you can’t improve on perfection. Led Zeppelin’s version recorded with Bonzo smashing drums at Headley Grange is one of the top 5 best intros to a rock song ever. I don’t know what has gotten into me but I have been listening to the hell out of Led Zeppelin for the past 2-3 months. And, truth be told and probably sacrilege, but Led Zeppelin II is probably my favorite album. But….

• Like 1
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, fredst said:

Love this but let’s be honest… you can’t improve on perfection. Led Zeppelin’s version recorded with Bonzo smashing drums at Headley Grange is one of the top 5 best intros to a rock song ever. I don’t know what has gotten into me but I have been listening to the hell out of Led Zeppelin for the past 2-3 months. And, truth be told and probably sacrilege, but Led Zeppelin II is probably my favorite album. But….

Couldn't agree more. Bonzo's bombast is essential. 

And I ain't mad at your Zeppelin renaissance! It's farking Zeppelin!

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Couldn't agree more. Bonzo's bombast is essential. 

And I ain't mad at your Zeppelin renaissance! It's farking Zeppelin!

And, just to bore with more….every track of this song is perfect IMO- guitar, bass, vocal, drums…mix them together and you have one of the greatest rock song ever. Damn Jimmy Page…

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 4/25/2022 at 2:53 PM, augolf1716 said:

Keep posting. Epic production.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fredst said:

And, just to bore with more….every track of this song is perfect IMO- guitar, bass, vocal, drums…mix them together and you have one of the greatest rock song ever. Damn Jimmy Page…

Bored with Zep? Nah, post more. And thank you in advance!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, fredst said:

L O V E

Couldn't resist @fredst. Hope you don't mind. Too many memories.

• Like 1
  • Love 1