Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Couldn't resist @fredst. Hope you don't mind. Too many memories.

No apology necessary to me. My philosophy: you can never have too much good whiskey or too much Led Zeppelin 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

A little Frank is not a bad thing ever now and then one of my fav's by him. He actually had a good range

I love sitting and listening to what I refer to as “cocktail music”. I think I was born in the wrong era because I still wish that I could go to a club, drink a martini, and listen to just about anything from this genre. Anything that Ella Fitzgerald is singing out of Cole Porter’s songbook (what a great pairing of singing and songwriting talent!) is great. This, however, might be my personal favorite of that type music:

Edited by fredst
  • Love 2

OH…MY…GOODNESS…CHESTER!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The Cure good concert band been to a couple of them

This made me laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The Cure good concert band been to a couple of them

Man, I loved The Cure back in the day. Listening to them is like a soundtrack of my time at Auburn. This one in particular brings back so many good memories and such a catchy melody and rhythm 

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, I loved The Cure back in the day. Listening to them is like a soundtrack of my time at Auburn. This one in particular brings back so many good memories and such a catchy melody and rhythm 

That's actually my favorite song by them....also has its own Wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Like_Heaven_(The_Cure_song)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, fredst said:

Jason last night at our new amphitheater. Tight band, always a good show; also a cool new venue

E62AD9C1-5042-4D84-AD14-CEB5D78D5EF3.jpeg

Where is this located?

Also had no idea you had the kind of money to have your own amphitheater....damn

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Where is this located?

Also had no idea you had the kind of money to have your own amphitheater....damn

Yep, pretty cool to have my own personal amphitheater so I can invite a few thousand  of my good friends

Lol- Huntsville AL. Opening weekend for the venue. Called The Orion. Have tickets to see Chris Stapleton there in July

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a great band but a really good to listen song they actually had more success in the US then in their homeland of England

you may know them more by this song

On 5/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, augolf1716 said:

Not a great band but a really good to listen song they actually had more success in the US then in their homeland of England

you may know them more by this song

First is not a terrible song but man…you are better than this. I’d like it better if you’d just post some more Jethro Tull

47 minutes ago, fredst said:

First is not a terrible song but man…you are better than this. I’d like it better if you’d just post some more Jethro Tull

That hurts.............

• Sad 1

One of the best concert bands ever maybe the best I ever saw  imo live version

there is a big difference from live to recorded

• Like 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

One of the best concert bands ever maybe the best I ever saw  imo live version

there is a big difference from live to recorded

Nice. This is the kind of quality content I expect from the knowledgeable music lover. My apologies for my most recent, fairly d*****-baggy post to you. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fredst said:

Nice. This is the kind of quality content I expect from the knowledgeable music lover. My apologies for my most recent, fairly d*****-baggy post to you. Cheers!

It's always good when someone can see their own shortcomings:poke:too bad yellow one could never do that....

• Haha 1

Listening to and appreciating all things Zeppelin these days, I continue to be amazed at the genius of Jimmy Page. Great song from an under appreciated album. Look forward to @Didba telling me he’s got this one down I hope:

• Like 1