The Recruiting Season

The Prowler

I've heard from more than one source that AU's Recruiting should end up in the Top 10 even in the Top 5.......But, as of right now, I don't see it especially if we lose Alonzo and Patrick Trahan......I seriously hope that the Old Riverboat Gambler as 7 Ace's of Spades up his sleeve, Because you'd think that with the Championship/Undefeated Season that we'd have to beat the recruits off with a stick because of over signing......Plus, I personally, would love it if we sign a couple of High Profile Recruits that aren't DLinemen or Linebackers. Anyhow, How well does everyone think we'll do.......If anyone has any inside Info., Please "spill the beans" or atleast some Heirsay/Rumors.......Again, War "BY GOD" Eagle

To quote Tuberville (from Inside The Auburn Tigers magazine, Jan.), "It (recruiting) has been phenomenal. We have had to really slow down in recruiting and be selective. This will be our best year. It will be a top five recruiting class. This is the best response I have ever been around, from players all over the country, in my 30 years as a coach.

"Our guys do a good job of evaluating players who will fit here in Auburn. We are not going to just go out and recruit good players. We are going to recruit good character and attitude players who will fit in here at Auburn."

The article goes on: AU's coaches say they have literally had highly regarded prospects from the Atlantic coast to the Pacific coast call their offices trying to convince the Tigers to recruit them. A large number of top prospects in the Southeast have tried to commit to the AU coaches, who had to tell very good players they don't have a spot for them.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how this all pans out. Only 3 weeks to go.

But, can't we Greyshirt players if we Over Sign......Also, How can Alabamer's Recruits be counted for them twice? Like, Fanney and Lorenzo Washington and their Greyshirts......they was counted on their last years class as well as this years......"Dat ain't right". Anywho, Heres to Coach Tommy Tubs :cheers: , Bring 'em in....And, lets get a tutor to go and help out Jerrell Powe on his ACT or SAT....War "BY GOD" Eagle

Who cares if Alabama's recruits are counted for them twice. Recruiting ratings don't mean crap. I don't care if they count the same player over and over again and always have a top 5 class.

I trust these coaches to know who has the ability to fit in here at Auburn and contribute.

Championships are won on the field!

Let the 4-5 "star" players with BAD attitudes find somewhere else to "play". B)

Coach Tuberville, and the BEST Coaching Staff in the Country, are going after good kids that have the ability to become TIGERS. :au:

WE are set to rein over Football in this state for many-many-many-many-many years to come!

It is GREAT to be an AUBURN TIGER ! ! ! ! :au:

Who said anything about players with bad attitudes, 5-star or otherwise? He's just wondering how recruiting is going and whether we'll get our share of some of the bigger talent out there. Nothing wrong with that.

We are holding out 3 scholly's for players we signed last year. I can't recall who they are but that amounts to about 18 commits for us now. That would seem to leave about 7-8 scholly's left. I'm sure we are hoping for:

1. Antoine Smith

2. Jerrell Powe

3. Tommy Trott

4. Gabe McKenzie

5. Ricky Jean Francois

6. Tarius Johnson

7. Walter McFadden

and perhaps Callahan Bright, Jon Demps, and/or some more linemen. They better get on the bandwagon or they could be left out since I've heard the spots are filling up fast. It will be a great year! WDE!

Why do you think Alonzo Horton and Patrick Trahan wouldn't come through, Prowler?

138103[/snapback]

It's just that they're Soft Verbals.......I know that right now All the Recruits out there, except the JUCOs that've signed, are Soft Verbals........I'm just a 'lil worried, that's all......Come on, Tubs Get 'em and Keep 'em.....They just want to take their Visits to the other Schools, so they can have their Lobster Tail(s) and Skrimp(s), I guess. :D

I have no doubt that CTT will not have a great recruiting class.

138130[/snapback]

Say again....??? :big::au::homer:

CTT has really changed the "quality" of players we recruit. Stars are fine, but if you are a thug, you will not be offered.

The great sportsmanship and team unity displayed on TV this year probably has as much to do with quality players wanting to play at AU as our win record. When our players hit hard, but then kneel in prayer for the injured opponent, that makes an impression.

As a parent where would you want your kid to play? Had you rather see him on TV singing "Fighting Soldiers" or doing cutthroat symbolic slashing of the neck? Do you want to read about his teammates visiting a children's hospital or being arrested for a gun, dope or assault charge? Which atmosphere would you think gives a kid a chance for success in life should he not make the NFL?

I believe in CTT, and I sure recognize that he knows much more about football and prospects than I ever will. He'll bring in the right guys, and whether the star raters agree or not, we'll be playing for more rings more often in the future.

WAR EAGLE!

Question.........How many DT(s), DE(s), and LB(s) do we actually need? As of right now we're offering around 27 Total......I guess this is the year of the Front Seven.......If CGC leaves, are we going to be able to pull the top guys in? And, will we be able to hold on to the ones that've already Verbaled? How much of an impact on AU's recruiting will it have? Come on Coach Chiz, don't leave.......How can we have a Dynasty, if we can't keep our Coaches?

CTT has really changed the "quality" of players we recruit.  Stars are fine, but if you are a thug, you will not be offered. 

The great sportsmanship and team unity displayed on TV this year probably has as much to do with quality players wanting to play at AU as our win record.  When our players hit hard, but then kneel in prayer for the injured opponent, that makes an impression. 

As a parent where would you want your kid to play?  Had you rather see him on TV singing "Fighting Soldiers" or doing cutthroat symbolic slashing of the neck?  Do you want to read about his teammates visiting a children's hospital or being arrested for a gun, dope or assault charge?  Which atmosphere would you think gives a kid a chance for success in life should he not make the NFL?

I believe in CTT, and I sure recognize that he knows much more about football and prospects than I ever will.  He'll bring in the right guys, and whether the star raters agree or not, we'll be playing for more rings more often in the future.

WAR EAGLE!

138255[/snapback]

Amen! :au::homer:

Archived