Spencer Pennington quits team

fatmansraw

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess he has Brodie-itis.....

After the third game :D , they will simply insert the "hurricane Hurler" :lol::lol:

Jimmy Johns will probably the 2nd string, since he is kinda like a dual threat.....Plus, Wesley Britt won't be there to Protect the QB's Blindside and Martz won't be there to Protect up the Middle........Jimmy Barnes should see playing time by uat's third game.....Around The Bowl, Down The Hole, :puke: Roll Tide, Roll........It's Rollin' Baby, It's Rollin'.

Wow, Gabe Gross part II....a baseball player tries to help out a SINKING football team and they make the best decision for themselves to return to the sport they really like. I say good luck to him. :icon_thumbsup:

look, anyone with even a minute piece of a brain,knows that he could not get along with the coaching staff.....they had two run ins this year that i know of.....it appears that he did not have much confidence in the way the staff seemed to be handling the offense, and he questioned them on it.....i'm willing to bet that there is more"behind the scenes" stuff that went on without public knowledge....i could really give a rats ass......this is stuff that i have been told by a friend of his mama

look, anyone with even a minute piece of a brain,knows that he could not get along with the coaching staff.....they had two run ins this year that i know of.....it appears that he did not have much confidence in the way the staff seemed to be handling the offense, and he questioned them on it.....i'm willing to bet that there is more"behind the scenes" stuff that went on without public knowledge....i could really give a rats ass......this is stuff that i have been told by a friend of his mama

138312[/snapback]

You have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Wonder if there's any connection between these two articles in the Mobile Register:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...38796146530.xml

Star QB commits to Bama

Mississippi's Mr. Football is Alabama's 25th commitment of the 2005 signing class.

Quarterback Jimmy Johns, who led Brookhaven High School to the Class 4A state championship in 2004, committed to the Crimson Tide on Monday after an official visit to the campus over the weekend.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...61134292130.xml

One sport enough for Pennington

Alabama QB won't return to football team so he can concentrate on playing baseball

Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall, and perhaps a bumpy season on the gridiron forced his hand.

Best of luck to him in any case!

138312[/snapback]

138314[/snapback]

And I'll 2nd that motion.

Pennington was redshirted in baseball last season after separating his throwing shoulder and has three years of eligibility left in that sport, playing first base and outfield. He turned down a six-figure signing bonus after being drafted by the Chicago Cubs out of Fayette County High School.

http://si.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/01/12...n.ap/index.html

138312[/snapback]

138314[/snapback]

Heard the same thing actually...I didnt know that was the reason he quit but I did hear about run-ins with the staff...not often though. Only about one time I heard...and it was about running the offense. You bama people need to be on top of these things. :blink:

I like the "conflict with Shula" angle better :P

Spencer needs to do what is best for him. Best of luck to him. I did think he looked better at QB after a few games under his belt.

Guest Tigrinum Major
The only Bama QB even RUMORED/ to have any type of conflict with Coach Shula was Guillon. And that is a rumor that Guillon himself has disputed.

138360[/snapback]

Is Guillion staying? I don't have anything but a gut feeling, but I don't see him on the depth chart next year.

As far as Spencer, he did as good as I think he could have given the circumstances of the season. He was hamstrung by injuries in the backfield and by play calling at times.

Is Guillion staying?  I don't have anything but a gut feeling, but I don't see him on the depth chart next year.

As far as Spencer, he did as good as I think he could have given the circumstances of the season.  He was hamstrung by injuries in the backfield and by play calling at times.

138366[/snapback]

As far as I know Guillon will return next year. Nothing has been mentioned to the cantrary.

Is Guillion staying?  I don't have anything but a gut feeling, but I don't see him on the depth chart next year.

Are you kidding...Guillion is like ALL WORLD.

He was recruited by Miami you know. ;):P

138312[/snapback]

138314[/snapback]

LOL

And YOU do!?!

Please, provide YOUR "inside" knowledge in space provided here"______________

:lol::lol::roflol::roflol:

He realizes they've peaked.  6-6.

138232[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

138312[/snapback]

138314[/snapback]

I heard that he wasjust telling them that he'd just saved a ton of money on his car insurance.... :au::homer:

Actually Guillon has had run ends with the staff ....Cecil "I love Bama" Hurt mentioned it on the Matt & Jay show a couple of months ago....and Jay being the homer he is tried not to go there but had to....he supposedly has a bulging disk...but no surgery...and then they finally owned up to it and said he "was in the doghouse" and refused to go back in the game...no link...I heard it on the air....

Archived