2017 4* LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry signs with AU (Updated)

WarDamnEagleWDE

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Nothing like taking lessons from an Auburn - All Pro - Hall of Famer - with a few "War Eagles" thrown in. That's awesome !!!!

My brother & I used to work out at Kaz's gym in Auburn when Kevin played for Auburn (he also worked out there); my brother used to give him a hard time because he never did leg exercises, and his legs were small. Well when he made it to the pros I guess he got the last laugh.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

I know. See the above tweet I embedded.

Ah... had to click the tweet... at face value it says nothing about stars and I had no idea that @Humble10_ was TD.

Side note: I don't have the stats to back it up, but it feels to me like this continues a trend of Gus's recruits rising in the recruiting rankings far more often than dropping. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Side note: I don't have the stats to back it up, but it feels to me like this continues a trend of Gus's recruits rising in the recruiting rankings far more often than dropping. 

50/50 as @bigbird  would say.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

When it comes to significant moves, I think you are correct.

As far as rankings go, Auburn’s recruiting class improved Tuesday despite no new additions.

The 247Sports rankings released its new 5-star prospect list, which will be the final change of the 2017 cycle. Auburn had two commits make the list of 32 players to be named 5-stars.

Tadarian Moultry made a giant leap. The Auburn linebacker commit from Birmingham (Ala.) was most recently the No. 50 prospect nationally, which left him a few places outside the 5-star threshold. On Tuesday, the Jackson-Olin linebacker moved all the way up to No. 18 in the player rankings — a 32-spot jump.

Moultry had a standout senior season in which many believed he was the best linebacker in the country. According to these rankings, only Ohio State commit Baron Browning is higher-rated at the position.

247Sports analysts Barton Simmons had this to say about Moultry.

“Bottom line, no one in the 2017 class has film that’s more fun to watch than Moultry. He’s violent football player that adds a pass-rush skillset to go with his inside linebacker heat-seeking style,” Simmons wrote.

Moultry joins Calvin Ashley among 5-star players in this Auburn class.

Ashley entered the re-ranking as a 5-star offensive lineman. There was some question whether he might dip slightly into 4-star territory, but that didn’t happen. Ashley dropped from No. 23 to No. 25, which was still 8 spots within the 5-star rankings.

“I didn’t think Ashley would survive as a 5-star,” Simmons wrote about Ashley. “He trended down some after being one of the first to earn a fifth star in this class, but he battled back with a big senior season and really impressed our team at the Under Armour Game.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-5-star-commits-rankings?utm_campaign=SF_SECCountryAU&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

• Like 1

Our LB class is looking better and better as people recognize how good our commits are.

32 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Ashley dropped from No. 23 to No. 25, which was still 8 spots within the 5-star rankings.

I corrected Wolk on this & he still got it wrong. LMAO! The drop from 23 to 25 on 247 only cost him 2 spots on the composite so far, not 8.

i think it means there are only about 32-33 5 star players and he is at #25-8 spots within the 33 5 star rated players! Not that he dropped 8 spots!

Edited by toddc

1 minute ago, toddc said:

i think it means there are only about 32-33 5 star players and he is at #25-8 spots within the 33 5 star rated players1

You are right. He did correct it. Although I still don't think he understands the composite rankings. It's not a hard 32 or 33 number. As the formula works any player whose national rank average from the 4 sites is 42.5 or better is a composite 5*.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Our LB class is looking better and better as people recognize how good our commits are.

T-Will and Steele doing good work bringing in the big dogs,still wish they would add TJ to go with TD.Would love to see us sign a big class of top lb'ers for a change.

• Like 1

The last ESPN 300 is out & TD Moultry did not move 1 bit. Finished #292 overall & the #19 OLB in the nation. LMAO! Clear they didn't watchTD at all this year or in All Star season. No way they put him 292 if they had.

Just now, ellitor said:

The last ESPN 300 is out & TD Moultry did not move 1 bit. Finished #292 overall & the #19 OLB in the nation. LMAO! Clear they didn't watchTD at all this year or in All Star season. No way they put him 292 if they had.

ESPN is straight up garbage then. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

More proof of the value of the 247 composite... it helps offset crap like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigerfangs said:

I been busy lately, is any school considered a threat as of now? I know some schools were trying to push a while back. 

No.

44 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

More proof of the value of the 247 composite... it helps offset crap like this.

Do all the sites carry equal weight in the composite? 

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Do all the sites carry equal weight in the composite? 

Yes. The composite is pure a measure of a recruits national average rank order among the 4 sites.