2017 4* LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry signs with AU (Updated)

WarDamnEagleWDE

Wonder if GM will only sign 1 linebacker again. IMO, our biggest needs for next year are 4 to 5 o-linemen, a true 5* quarterback, 2 running backs and no less then 3 linebackers.

Damn! a4e hit the staff's number for the class on the head.

Wonder if GM will only sign 1 linebacker again. IMO, our biggest needs for next year are 4 to 5 o-linemen, a true 5* quarterback, 2 running backs and no less then 3 linebackers.

I am trying to figure out why CGM hasn't hired you as recruiting coordinator yet. :dunno:/>

I'm on the a4e express!!

Personally, I think we need to sign nothing but LBs. Grab up all the lower stars and find a diamond in the rough.

Also hire Spikes to be HC.

Head coach, no. Now, if there's some way we can get his last year of eligibility back......

I am trying to figure out why CGM hasn't hired you as recruiting coordinator yet. :dunno:/>

a4e is a guy you would run threw a wall for. I'm all for this.

He can get people to throw walls? Color me impressed.

Momma loves AU

That's good, but there have been a lot of moms that loved AU and then watched their kid play elsewhere. Rashad Evans is the first that comes to mind.

Momma loves AU

That's good, but there have been a lot of moms that loved AU and then watched their kid play elsewhere. Rashad Evans is the first that comes to mind.

We've won our mom battles too though.

Momma loves AU

Never hurts to have momma on your side

Momma loves AU

Unless Papa has the more influence...Thank you Daddy Davis for Kyle.

Momma loves AU

Wel then it never hurts to have Papa on your side......hell just go ahead and add sister and brother

Momma loves AU

Wel then it never hurts to have Papa on your side......hell just go ahead and add sister and brother

Don't forget the girlfriend. Helped w/ Marlon Character.

Momma loves AU

Add girl friend to especially if she is coming to Auburn

Free read on Scout. Say Bama has caught AU but AU gets the next visit this weekend before he goes to a camp in Atlanta next weekend. Link

If tracking the visits is still the clearest way to discover where a college football prospect is leaning, Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin star linebacker Tadarian Moultry's last two unofficial visits would make a lot of sense.

He spent time at Auburn two weekends ago and was in Tuscaloosa this past weekend for its junior day event.

"It went good, Alabama moved up," he said. "At first it was like Auburn really there, but I like both schools in-state. Alabama really moved up, once I got with the coaches and seen the environment."

Moultry says communication with several coaches has the Crimson Tide back level with the Tigers at this stage of the recruiting process.

"Just talking, that's what it was. Me and coach (Jeremy) Pruitt got to talking, and we were with the linebackers talking about different coverages and stuff," he said. "We went over the names. It's pretty easy, you've just got to get it down pact.

"I can tell who the players are. The ones who sit back and think they're cool and the ones who sit up are the ones that learn."

In speaking of the environment, with many members of his family at his side, Moultry resonates with the tradition of Alabama. He says he's been a fan since Nick Saban took over the program.

"They make you know and let you know it's Alabama," he said. "You can't turn around without something or someone that says Alabama. They're hot right now for me.

"They call it LBU, I've been following that since it happened, so I know how it is. It's linebacker U."

Moultry's mother, who was on both Iron Bowl trips, appreciated each approach. They were similar.

"We were talking about the education first. That's what I like about Alabama and Auburn, they speak on education," he said. "They didn't even speak about football until the last minute.

"It was good, my mom likes the education part. She said she loves both programs in-state because they talk about education first. I'll be the first person in my family to go to college."

Reiterating how far he is from a decision despite holding each in-state offer and many others in the SEC, it's the Tigers who will host the emerging linebacker next. He'll be in town for spring practice on March 5 before camp events in Atlanta March 13 (MVP camp) and March 20 (The Opening).

Free read on Scout. Say Bama has caught AU but AU gets the next visit this weekend before he goes to a camp in Atlanta next weekend. Link

If tracking the visits is still the clearest way to discover where a college football prospect is leaning, Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin star linebacker Tadarian Moultry's last two unofficial visits would make a lot of sense.

He spent time at Auburn two weekends ago and was in Tuscaloosa this past weekend for its junior day event.

"It went good, Alabama moved up," he said. "At first it was like Auburn really there, but I like both schools in-state. Alabama really moved up, once I got with the coaches and seen the environment."

Moultry says communication with several coaches has the Crimson Tide back level with the Tigers at this stage of the recruiting process.

"Just talking, that's what it was. Me and coach (Jeremy) Pruitt got to talking, and we were with the linebackers talking about different coverages and stuff," he said. "We went over the names. It's pretty easy, you've just got to get it down pact.

"I can tell who the players are. The ones who sit back and think they're cool and the ones who sit up are the ones that learn."

In speaking of the environment, with many members of his family at his side, Moultry resonates with the tradition of Alabama. He says he's been a fan since Nick Saban took over the program.

"They make you know and let you know it's Alabama," he said. "You can't turn around without something or someone that says Alabama. They're hot right now for me.

"They call it LBU, I've been following that since it happened, so I know how it is. It's linebacker U."

Moultry's mother, who was on both Iron Bowl trips, appreciated each approach. They were similar.

"We were talking about the education first. That's what I like about Alabama and Auburn, they speak on education," he said. "They didn't even speak about football until the last minute.

"It was good, my mom likes the education part. She said she loves both programs in-state because they talk about education first. I'll be the first person in my family to go to college."

Reiterating how far he is from a decision despite holding each in-state offer and many others in the SEC, it's the Tigers who will host the emerging linebacker next. He'll be in town for spring practice on March 5 before camp events in Atlanta March 13 (MVP camp) and March 20 (The Opening).

uat did put on quite a show for TD. AU still leads.

The article does not sound terrific for us. Not great he said Bama was LBU.

The article does not sound terrific for us. Not great he said Bama was LBU.

Right now they ARE LBU and this has happened right under our noses. Why/how this happened would have to come from somebody that works way, way inside the football program. However, THAT it has happened is undeniable.

We need to turn this around and pronto, though since I'm not a professional recruiter I don't know how to fight it.

Why/how it happened is because they recruited and developed the position better than anyone in the country from the moment Saban hit campus. It didn't matter whether it was Tubs, Chizik, or Gus piloting our ship. At a certain point, what they do and what we do actually don't have that much to do with the other. The guys Saban inherited, he and Coach Steele developed into better players. Saban's first signing class included Rolando McClain; then, they just kept adding names to the list: Hightower, Upshaw, Johnson, Mosley, Ragland.

I don't think it's a negative for a recruit to call them LBU. It's the current reality, and we have to be prepared to recruit against it and sell our own program. Heck, part of our pitch probably is (and should be) that Kevin Steele was the LB coach when they started building the machine. He's the guy that started the development process McClain and Hightower, both of whom started games as true freshmen. We can sell Steele as the guy that knows how to build it, and the guy that will play you right now if you're ready to play.

From what I was told that show worked on everybody. It was quite the weekend

Why/how it happened is because they recruited and developed the position better than anyone in the country from the moment Saban hit campus. It didn't matter whether it was Tubs, Chizik, or Gus piloting our ship. At a certain point, what they do and what we do actually don't have that much to do with the other. The guys Saban inherited, he and Coach Steele developed into better players. Saban's first signing class included Rolando McClain; then, they just kept adding names to the list: Hightower, Upshaw, Johnson, Mosley, Ragland.

I don't think it's a negative for a recruit to call them LBU. It's the current reality, and we have to be prepared to recruit against it and sell our own program. Heck, part of our pitch probably is (and should be) that Kevin Steele was the LB coach when they started building the machine. He's the guy that started the development process McClain and Hightower, both of whom started games as true freshmen. We can sell Steele as the guy that knows how to build it, and the guy that will play you right now if you're ready to play.

It helped exponentially that we didn't even recruit bigger linebackers to be linebackers we tried convince them to being d ends....

TD really loved what UA has to offers...my source tells me. I was also inform the trip back to auburn is convenient, and he just enjoying the process.. As much i hat to say it..this is a battle. No one has the lead. The trip to UA was huge. War Eagle!