2017 4* LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry signs with AU (Updated)

WarDamnEagleWDE

I was also inform the trip back to auburn is convenient

How is that convenient? It's 4 hours to AU & back as opposed to staying at home those 4 hours. I think your source wear's crimson glasses & spinning you AG.

How is that convenient? It's 4 hours to AU & back as opposed to staying at home those 4 hours. I think your source wear's crimson glasses & spinning you AG.

No plan to argue. Well, he's not driving- nor is his parents taking him... Nevertheless, believe what you like. UA is in the fight. Again not trying to create an argument...have a good day homie! Edited by Auburn Guy

No plan to argue. Well, he can't drive- nor is his parents taking him. Nevertheless, believe what you like. UA is in the fight. Again not trying to create an argument...have a good day homie!

Relax dude. I just made simple statements. No argument involved at all. I also did not say you were wrong. Just look at it w/ no fan glasses on. You gotta admit that coming to AU this weekend because it's convenient statement by itself is fishy since it's not on the way anywhere else this weekend since there is no camp in atlanta this weekend.

No plan to argue. Well, he's not driving- nor is his parents taking him... Nevertheless, believe what you like. UA is in the fight. Again not trying to create an argument...have a good day homie!

Welcome to AUF homie

cole, that might have helped, but we'd been recruiting undersized LBs for a long time before Alabama established itself as LBU. It seems to me that the change at Bama didn't correspond with a change in Auburn's recruitment of the position; it corresponded with Saban's arrival.

Well it was alot of things going right at once but you had big linebackers coming out at a time where there really wasn't any competition. Of course it has to do with saban having the sense to say I can use these guys at linebacker but for two to three years we pretty much gave them guys with little resistance. All those great linebackers how many did we really battle head to head with until it was too late and they could hang their hats on the success of the others?

Well it was alot of things going right at once but you had big linebackers coming out at a time where there really wasn't any competition. Of course it has to do with saban having the sense to say I can use these guys at linebacker but for two to three years we pretty much gave them guys with little resistance. All those great linebackers how many did we really battle head to head with until it was too late and they could hang their hats on the success of the others?

Guys in the South we went against them a lot, and lost all but Tre & Holland. I think a factor people are missing here too is we have had a revolving door at LB coach or DC that coach LBs since Boom left the 1st time. If you don't have sustainability already in place that can hamper you big time @ recruiting a position which it has for AU.

What linebackers that were good? All I can remember is cj. And I guess I should be more thorough when I say went after them, I mean went after them and wanted them at linebacker.....I didn't say at first because that's pretty much my entire point. There are plenty of linebackers that we didn't pursue hard because we've been horrible at evaluating talent at that position.

Edited by cole256

We do not furnish those dark pink Dodges and free t-town threads. That's the root cause. We must build a new Men's clothing store inside JH north end zone when renovation is done. Yeah, that's the ticket.......

I mean went after them and wanted them at linebacker..

We offered a number of the same ones in the Southeast & most of the ones from Alabama. I only remember 1 we offered at different position than LB (Callaway) but the rest of these we wanted & LB (Evans, CJ, Foster, Nico Johnson, Tana Patrick, Jonathan Atchison, Ragland, Shaun Hamilton, & Ben Davis),

Before Saban went more national w/ recruiting we were beat heavy on local LBs the first 2 years of his tenure, & still have been on the locals they wanted besides Tre Williams..

Edited by ellitor

I mean went after them and wanted them at linebacker..

We offered a number of the same ones in the Southeast & most of the ones from Alabama. I only remember 1 we offered at different position than LB (Callaway) but the rest of these we wanted & LB (Evans, CJ, Foster, Nico Johnson, Tana Patrick, Jonathan Atchison, Ragland, Shaun Hamilton, & Ben Davis),

Before Saban went more national w/ recruiting we were beat heavy on local LBs the first 2 years of his tenure, & still have been on the locals they wanted besides Tre Williams..

What Evans? Not the one I'm thinking because we wanted him as a star. I already mentioned cj myself so.....foster pretty much after they were established, imo nico and tana sucked so yeah I forgot about them but I'm sure they wouldn't have been good here either, I assume Atchison does as well, they DIDN'T want ragland at linebacker. And Hamilton and Davis just signed.....

So like I said when saban first came to bammer it didn't hurt at all that we pretty much gave him linebackers it didn't. When he got on his roll it was because he made a name for himself making big linebackers good....we didn't like big linebackers we liked smaller. Bout time guys like ragland came along he looked at guys before him and said he didn't want to be a d end....easy decision

Edited by cole256

What Evans? Not the one I'm thinking because we wanted him as a star. I already mentioned cj myself so.....foster pretty much after they were established, imo nico and tana sucked so yeah I forgot about them but I'm sure they wouldn't have been good here either, I assume Atchison does as well, they DIDN'T want ragland at linebacker. And Hamilton and Davis just signed.....

So like I said when saban first came to bammer it didn't hurt at all that we pretty much gave him linebackers it didn't. When he got on his roll it was because he made a name for himself making big linebackers good....we didn't like big linebackers we liked smaller. Bout time guys like ragland came along he looked at guys before him and said he didn't want to be a d end....easy decision

Before I respond to each point know that I respect you.

Highlight 1: For Evans, the way CEJ wanted to use him as a star was essentially an OLB. Whether it was BS or not, remember Evans saying 1 factor he picked Bama over AU was he wanted to be a hand in the dirt end & not a stand up star.

Highlight 2: Whether they sucked at Bama or not is irrelevent. The point is we wanted them & would have taken them. Also it's incorrect to assume they would suck @ AU or anywhere just because they sucked @ Bama IMO. Because of talent level around them they would have had more opportunities to be developed @ other places.

Highlight 3: Ragland's own words in an article right after his HS Jr season, "Alabama and Auburn are both recruiting me as linebacker."

Highlight 4: That simply is just not true my friend. We would have taken all the players listed in our conversation & they were mostly bigger LBs. Bama beat us for them so we had to settle for the best of the smaller LBs we felt we could get. It sucks but it's the truth.

Edited by ellitor

<p>

Guys in the South we went against them a lot, and lost all but Tre & Holland. I think a factor people are missing here too is we have had a revolving door at LB coach or DC that coach LBs since Boom left the 1st time. If you don't have sustainability already in place that can hamper you big time @ recruiting a position which it has for AU.

I was about to make a similar post, you nailed the root cause of this imo. Even though the LB is the QB of the defense there has been no continuity at the LB coach or the DC position. LB recruiting/developing has almost become an after thought with DCs assigning themselves the LB coach role as a sideline. The LB recruits have seen new DCs, changing defensive schemes and new LB coaches year after year at Auburn. With T-Will this year we have a dedicated LB coach, which is encouraging, so maybe this will start a new trend.

Edited by IronMan70

Highlight 1: For Evans, the way CEJ wanted to use him as a star was essentially an OLB. Whether it was BS or not, remember Evans saying 1 factor he picked Bama over AU was he wanted to be a hand in the dirt end & not a stand up star.

Highlight 2: Whether they sucked at Bama or not is irrelevent. The point is we wanted them & would have taken them. Also it's incorrect to assume they would suck @ AU or anywhere just because they sucked @ Bama IMO. Because of talent level around them they would have had more opportunities to be developed @ other places.

Highlight 3: Ragland's own words in an article right after his HS Jr season, "Alabama and Auburn are both recruiting me as linebacker."

Highlight 4: That simply is just not true my friend. We would have taken all the players listed in our conversation & they were mostly bigger LBs. Bama beat us for them so we had to settle for the best of the smaller LBs we felt we could get. It sucks but it's the truth.

I don't care what they say the position was going to be either way it's not a linebacker.

2. Once again if I say saban's first couple of years we didn't go after the big guys and then you post linebackers from 3 years in until the present puts names on your list but is irrelevant to what I said.

3. Yes I know you take certain recruiting guys words and value them but I'm right there sitting with him and his family while he's contemplating and talking to his brother's and uncle about it. I know what was said. You say your article is from his junior year, maybe something changed but as far as anybody telling me ANYTHING about his recruitment.. they simply can't. You should just look at me as jonsey, 23, kk and whoever else you'd defend as opposed to try to argue as far as his recruitment. I may literally call him or his brother right now and tell them to read this for a laugh

4. What I'm saying is true unless one of those linebackers you mentioned are from saban's first two recruiting cycles then I missed those. Only person I'm thinking is maybe Patrick or Johnson. That's it. And if I missed out on one of them then my point still is true I literally just missed on one recruit there are many recruits you didn't name that we didn't recruit out of those first two classes as well mind you.

And I respect you too, I won't ever have a problem with what you say as long as you don't have a problem with what I say as well

I don't care what they say the position was going to be either way it's not a linebacker.

2. Once again if I say saban's first couple of years we didn't go after the big guys and then you post linebackers from 3 years in until the present puts names on your list but is irrelevant to what I said.

3. Yes I know you take certain recruiting guys words and value them but I'm right there sitting with him and his family while he's contemplating and talking to his brother's and uncle about it. I know what was said. You say your article is from his junior year, maybe something changed but as far as anybody telling me ANYTHING about his recruitment.. they simply can't. You should just look at me as jonsey, 23, kk and whoever else you'd defend as opposed to try to argue as far as his recruitment. I may literally call him or his brother right now and tell them to read this for a laugh

4. What I'm saying is true unless one of those linebackers you mentioned are from saban's first two recruiting cycles then I missed those. Only person I'm thinking is maybe Patrick or Johnson. That's it. And if I missed out on one of them then my point still is true I literally just missed on one recruit there are many recruits you didn't name that we didn't recruit out of those first two classes as well mind you.

And I respect you too, I won't ever have a problem with what you say as long as you don't have a problem with what I say as well

Relax. We are having a simple discussion where there are disagreements. This is not an argument nor a fight so I don't know why you are bowing up & viewing it as 1. The point of my 1st sentence saying I respect you was for the explicit reason for you to know this was not a fight or argument. It was sincere & not sarcastic. It was said as a compliment.

Now onto the specific points.

On #2. Yes I included every year but that does not mean I left out Saban's first 2 classes before he went national. Nico, Tana, Atchison were all guys in Saban Class #2 we wanted at LB. I forgot one from year 1 also. Jerrell Harris was another one we offered & wanted. Unless you know what went on w/ these 4 In Saban's 1st 2 years (and I will believe you if you do), in terms of recruiting only, we lost 4 LB battles heads up to Bama on guys we wanted.

On #3. W/ all due respect, in the course of this conversation you never once said nor implied you were connected to the Ragland family. That was needed info. Yes you are connected in North AL which we are all thankful for on the info you provide, but I nor probably most are going to assume you are connected on everything in North Al so letting us know when you are connected like you usually do would be helpful. Most of your posts are not communicated as being connected. They are usually intelligent observations. Now that I know you know the Ragland's I honestly take your word over what Reggie told reporters after his Jr year.

Edited by ellitor

Anyway...Back to TD. He says AU leads again after his visit to AU today per a tweet by JLee.

Lol the point of my last sentence in my reply was to let you know I didn't have a problem with you and just because I have a rebuttal doesn't mean I'm bowing up or fighting. I'm explaining my thoughts just as you are and I didn't want you to take it wrong.

I wasn't saying you left anybody out, I'm saying mentioning the other players doesn't apply to anything I was saying and it just dictators basically. I was thinking nico and tana were third year guys and as I admitted if not I missed on them.

I didn't really count Harris because once again it didn't have to do with my point of being a big linebacker which he was around 220 I think so I'll keep him. Atchinson and Patrick weren't big linebackers though and that's my point not just linebackers Alabama wanted as well.....in those two classes we went after Evans who was a 205 pound linebacker and we conceded dt shackelford to ole miss...

3. In this particular post I have not but in many post through out I have mentioned that and have mentioned how his family is actually from Florence and that he was born in Florence. But I'm not a connected guy as far as coaching circles and what not just guys from my area I'll probably know.

Lol the point of my last sentence in my reply was to let you know I didn't have a problem with you and just because I have a rebuttal doesn't mean I'm bowing up or fighting. I'm explaining my thoughts just as you are and I didn't want you to take it wrong.

I wasn't saying you left anybody out, I'm saying mentioning the other players doesn't apply to anything I was saying and it just dictators basically. I was thinking nico and tana were third year guys and as I admitted if not I missed on them.

I didn't really count Harris because once again it didn't have to do with my point of being a big linebacker which he was around 220 I think so I'll keep him. Atchinson and Patrick weren't big linebackers though and that's my point not just linebackers Alabama wanted as well.....in those two classes we went after Evans who was a 205 pound linebacker and we conceded dt shackelford to ole miss...

3. In this particular post I have not but in many post through out I have mentioned that and have mentioned how his family is actually from Florence and that he was born in Florence. But I'm not a connected guy as far as coaching circles and what not just guys from my area I'll probably know.

On 3. Ragland's recruitment was a long time ago & he seemed to be a heavy Bama lean So at least I was not interested enough in him to follow or look for close details. Sorry I missed your posts on him. And yes you are connected, to families & kids up there. You don't have to be connected in coaching circles to be connected. Fromw now on I'll ask if you have a connection to a Noth Al target.

Relax. We are having a simple discussion where there are disagreements. This is not an argument nor a fight so I don't know why you are bowing up & viewing it as 1. The point of my 1st sentence saying I respect you was for the explicit reason for you to know this was not a fight or argument. It was sincere & not sarcastic. It was said as a compliment.

Now onto the specific points.

On #2. Yes I included every year but that does not mean I left out Saban's first 2 classes before he went national. Nico, Tana, Atchison were all guys in Saban Class #2 we wanted at LB. I forgot one from year 1 also. Jerrell Harris was another one we offered & wanted. Unless you know what went on w/ these 4 In Saban's 1st 2 years (and I will believe you if you do), in terms of recruiting only, we lost 4 LB battles heads up to Bama on guys we wanted.

On #3. W/ all due respect, in the course of this conversation you never once said nor implied you were connected to the Ragland family. That was needed info. Yes you are connected in North AL which we are all thankful for on the info you provide, but I nor probably most are going to assume you are connected on everything in North Al so letting us know when you are connected like you usually do would be helpful. Most of your posts are not communicated as being connected. They are usually intelligent observations. Now that I know you know the Ragland's I honestly take your word over what Reggie told reporters after his Jr year.

Who was the big LB out of Atlanta that was all auburn and Saban got him in his 2nd-3rd yr? Was supposed to be a stud but not sure where he ended up

Who was the big LB out of Atlanta that was all auburn and Saban got him in his 2nd-3rd yr? Was supposed to be a stud but not sure where he ended up

Flipped Atchison from us in year 2 but he was not highly rated. Adrian Huubard was from Norcross in year 3 but I don't remember us going after him. The only other guy I can think of was Jordan Jenkins but he picked UGA over AU & Bama. He was never proffesed to be All AU. Edited by ellitor

There was a top-rated LB from Atlanta that was committed to AU but changed to Ohio State because of one or our frequent coaching changes. The name escapes me now, but he developed some kind of medical issue and couldn't finish his playing years for Urban Crier. That may be who is being thought of here. I don't recall a nationally sought Atlanta LB that flipped from us to UAT.

Edited by Mikey