2017 4* LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry signs with AU (Updated)

WarDamnEagleWDE

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they're back in it. I figured that would happen but I'm guessing they have to much ground to make up if he sticks with his spring time table

https://www.seccount...-in-the-picture

Tadarian “TD” Moultry said he’s done with interviews until he makes his commitment to his school of choice, which he says will happen some time this spring.

But the one word he answered with to whether or not Alabama is back in the mix for his services should be encouraging for the Crimson Tide.

“Yes!” Moultry said.

If you remember, Moultry, the four-star linebacker from Jackson-Olin High School (Birmingham, Ala.), told SEC Country a few weeks ago that he eliminated Alabama from contention because of his lack of a relationship with the staff.

“I don’t have that bond with my assistant coach, so, there is no need to keep playing with a school’s head,” Moultry said at the time. “I don’t have a bond with the (assistant) coach, so there’s no need for me to be talking to the school.”

He did say that what Alabama has to offer for “life after football” is the main reason why the Crimson Tide is now back in the mix after his visit to Tuscaloosa for Saturday’s A-Day game.

It looked like it was going to be an in-state battle for Moultry’s services, but Georgia, LSU and Ole Miss are in the mix, too.

Of note, Moultry and three-star linebacker Kenney Britt, who is from Oxford, Ala., have said that they are a package deal. Britt, who recently announced a top 10, did not include Alabama on his list and named Georgia his leader. Package deals in recruiting hardly ever come to fruition, though.

At 6-foot-2 and 225 pounds, Moultry is rated the No. 9 inside linebacker in the country and the No. 12 prospect in Alabama.

Edited by ellitor

"What Alabama has to offer for life after football"...what does that mean?

Edited by creed

It means they have a lot of slick snake-oil salesmen over there that are very good at selling BS.

It means they have a lot of slick snake-oil salesmen over there that are very good at selling BS.

You can join the brotherhood of the red elephants. ;)

It's the hush money (pension plan).

If you are a decent player and make a name for yourself there are contacts that help you in business, law, politics, and other fields. As bad as I hate to admit it, if you are a player from bama with a recognizable name it helps you after you graduate.

Maybe it means he wants to go into journalism or law...

If you are a decent player and make a name for yourself there are contacts that help you in business, law, politics, and other fields. As bad as I hate to admit it, if you are a player from bama with a recognizable name it helps you after you graduate.

^^This

A lot of Auburn "high rollers" live in other states. We are spread out all over the country...particularly the southeast in places like Charlotte, Atlanta, Tampa, Houston, Raleigh, Chattanooga, etc. Bammers are here...in this state and they use their bammer connections to take care of former players. It's the dark side of recruiting in my opinion...but it happens everywhere.

^^This

This x 2

A lot of Auburn "high rollers" live in other states. We are spread out all over the country...particularly the southeast in places like Charlotte, Atlanta, Tampa, Houston, Raleigh, Chattanooga, etc. Bammers are here...in this state and they use their bammer connections to take care of former players. It's the dark side of recruiting in my opinion...but it happens everywhere.

This is true. "Nepotism" occurs for every school. AU is no exception. In the state of Alabama, spuat has the lawyers and politicians on their side.

wde

This is true. "Nepotism" occurs for every school. AU is no exception. In the state of Alabama, spuat has the lawyers and politicians on their side.

wde

And bankers!

This is every school. I have friends that played basketball and football for the university of North Alabama, it's goes for them too

This is every school. I have friends that played basketball and football for the university of North Alabama, it's goes for them too

It does go on at every school. But as with so many things, bama takes it to another level. Not only do they have the Bryant scholarship for ex-players kids, they have a network of folks to help find jobs.

TAMU is probably one of the best at this as far as alumni go. The aggie network is amazing...unless you come up against it.

It does go on at every school. But as with so many things, bama takes it to another level. Not only do they have the Bryant scholarship for ex-players kids, they have a network of folks to help find jobs.

To me that's subjective

To me that's subjective

You can say that but from friends I know that played at AU, UA, & GA, bama has by far the best "perks". Not only while in school but after. My uncle played at bama and "never wanted for nothing" while in and after school.

That being said, I sure hope we can sign Moultry.

Edited by tinman

Well Reggie ragland is a family friend I see stuff and know. But I seen stuff from players at Auburn too i would think it's who you meet and how hard you work yourself to put yourself in position. My friend Zack Gilbert became close with Jay Jacobs and he's big time banker in Birmingham now. And he was a walk on. But yeah, I hope we get him too

This recruitment is more all over the place...well than Nuke Laloosh was before Crash Davis in Bull Durham & Rick "Wild Thing" Caughnwas in Spring Training in Major League.

Edited by ellitor

This recruitment is more all over the place...well than Nuke Laloosh was before Crash Davis in Bull Durham & Rick "Wild Thing" Caughnwas in Spring Training in Major League.

??? What did I miss? Why does it feel like this statement came out of nowhere.

Not really. It's either AU or uat. Will find which in a couple of days. I'm sticking with AU.

Not really. It's either AU or uat. Will find which in a couple of days. I'm sticking with AU.

Yes really. I was referring to Bama being all over the place on his list including completely out 2 weeks ago & now per latest reports apparently torn between the 2. I agree that I think he picks AU. He tweets & RTs AU stuff & not much Bama stuff.

Has to be this. If you look at the numbers, Alabama graduates make less money after graduation than most sec schools. Auburn is close to the top. Life after graduation in this case has zero to do with the quality of degree.