2017 4* LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry signs with AU (Updated)

WarDamnEagleWDE

In case you don't read the whole write up E attached above, KJ Britt was with TD today. TD says he speaks to KJ every single day. They actually sound like terrific kids. Hope we get both.

TD road with the Britt's to AU. Both TD and Britt have become great friend.

They came separately. KJ came w/ his dad, uncle, & cousin. TD came down w/ some coaches from Birmingham & had to leave before practice. KJ stayed through practice.

I really do think TD's most of family push to Bama could be a huge factor in his recruitment although I hope it's not obviously.

Another free read on TD Moultry. Includes commit date

Four-star linebacker Tadarian Moultry of Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin has set his commitment date.

It will be Aug. 8, he said Friday morning.

The 6-foot-2, 225-pound Moultry is the No. 8 inside backer in the 247Sports Composite. He visited Auburn on Thursday.

Why Aug. 8?

Well, that's the same day another in-state linebacker -- Kenney Britt of Oxford -- will annnounce. And, Moultry and Britt are adament they will attend the same school.

"I'm doing it then because it's around the time (Britt) is doing his," Moultry said. "By the time he does it, everybody will know where I'm going."

Alabama seemed to be trending a week or two ago, but Moultry said Friday that Auburn is his leader.

"Every time I go there, we talk a lot -- real talk," Moultry said. "I talk to no other coaches like I talk to them. That's real important."

Alabama is Moultry's No. 2 at the moment. He said the Tide is "close" to the Tigers.

As for Thursday's Auburn visit, during which time he met with linebackers coach Travis Williams and watched practice, Moultry noted, "It went well. I loved it." That was at least his fourth visit to Auburn this year.

Moultry will not be able to attend Auburn's A-Day game, he said. Instead, he plans to visit Mississippi State that day.

After Aug. 8, Moultry said he will not visit other colleges and will be "fully committed" to the team he picks.

Free read. Bama is out for now

Four-star linebacker Tadarian Moultry of Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin announced Friday morning he would make a commitment Aug. 8.

But by Friday night, a lot had changed.

According to Moultry, he now plans to pick a college "in the spring."

And that wasn't the most shocking thing he said. This was: Alabama no longer is in his top three -- and apparently no longer is in contention.

"I went up to Bama (on Friday) and I didn't really even talk to anybody," Moultry said. "I didn't even talk to my assistant. He wouldn't have even known I was there."

He added, the Tide "is out right now." Earlier Friday, he had Alabama as his No. 2 "close" behind Auburn.

According to Moultry, the No. 9 inside backer in the 247Sports Composite, his final three are Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss. The Tigers are his leader.

"I'm trying to visit Ole Miss and Georgia before spring ends," Moultry said.

Moultry visited Auburn on Thursday. That was at least his fourth trip to the school this year.

Moultry and fellow in-state linebacker Kenney Britt of Oxford plan to play at the same college. Britt will announce Aug. 8.

He, too, was at Auburn on Thursday.

Both players visited Georgia on Tuesday and the Bulldogs have become a much bigger factor of late.

So I get dropping the crimson turds after getting the snub but why change the commitment date the same day as he s said it would be earlier that morning from Aug8 to spring? Trying to give them time to get back in it? is Britt changing his date as well?

I know these things happen but it's still Seems weird.

I do think getting the cold shoulder will help us in the long run.

So I get dropping the crimson turds after getting the snub but why change the commitment date the same day as he s said it would be earlier that morning from Aug8 to spring? Trying to give them time to get back in it? is Britt changing his date as well?

I think it's just the opposite of trying to give them time to get back in it. It sounds like his mind is saying "Bama was the heavy contender to try to beat AU but after their crap today screw them. I'm tired of this whole process. My final 3 are AU, Rebs, & UGA w/ AU leading. I'm going to give the Rebs & UGA a visit each this Spring try to catch AU. Either way after those visits I'm committing to somebody & done w/ this whole mess."

I don't think KJ will change his date. He seems to be the more alpha personality between the 2.

There is something really odd about his getting the runaround in Tuskaloser. Even if they've decided they really do NOT want him I don't understand it being handled in that fashion. Maybe he showed up un-announced and un-invited and their coaches already had a tight schedule with other prospects? The tale as told doesn't have a true ring to it, there has to be more.

There is something really odd about his getting the runaround in Tuskaloser. Even if they've decided they really do NOT want him I don't understand it being handled in that fashion. Maybe he showed up un-announced and un-invited and their coaches already had a tight schedule with other prospects? The tale as told doesn't have a true ring to it, there has to be more.

Yup!

Yup!

If the Bama coaches were all tied up, they would still be able to get a good operation person, or academic person, or student leader, etc to meet with him. They dropped the ball here. Good for us.

Yup!

If the Bama coaches were all tied up, they would still be able to get a good operation person, or academic person, or student leader, etc to meet with him. They dropped the ball here. Good for us.

Regardless it's still very odd. I don't care what happened as long as we get TD.

Yup!

uat seldom if ever drops the ball for a top recruit they really want. There's more to the story then we know but I agree it's good for us

I think it's just the opposite of trying to give them time to get back in it. It sounds like his mind is saying "Bama was the heavy contender to try to beat AU but after their crap today screw them. I'm tired of this whole process. My final 3 are AU, Rebs, & UGA w/ AU leading. I'm going to give the Rebs & UGA a visit each this Spring try to catch AU. Either way after those visits I'm committing to somebody & done w/ this whole mess."

I don't think KJ will change his date. He seems to be the more alpha personality between the 2.

Yeah I think you are right.

For some reason I read spring as next spring.

Yes. Them giving him the cold shoulder really put us in the best position. Not just with him, but with KJ as well.

If we get these two, the other LB s will have to get on board. We have not been in that position in....like never.

War Eagle

Surely this kid wouldn't "Yeldon" us.

O.M.G..... This kid isn't a big enough fish for them to pull that with him, and the timing is all wrong. The circumstances are entirely different, so no.

Did I miss what Bama did that pissed him off so bad?

From what I can tell, the coaches didn't spend much time with him on his last visit m so he didn't feel the love.

Did I miss what Bama did that pissed him off so bad?

From what I can tell, the coaches didn't spend much time with him on his last visit m so he didn't feel the love.

Gotch ya. Thanks

Yup!

uat seldom if ever drops the ball for a top recruit they really want. There's more to the story then we know but I agree it's good for us

My sincere apology to you JFD bammers did screw up big time. Really big time

Yup!

My sincere apology to you JFD bammers did screw up big time. Really big time

So, what's the scoop?

I don't think anyone has posted this, but I found this article. He's come a long way

He got shot in the leg while at a park a few years ago.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-4424830708783513718/gunshot-wound-slowed-jackson-olins-td-moultry-but-he-still-harbors-nfl-dreams/

Edited by Randman5000