• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harper

Dunans

Heron

Spencer

Purifoy

They may end up being it but if that is the case we'll end up getting whooped alot again

GT PG

Dunans

Purifoy

Heron

Spencer

Key backups:

Harper

Reid

Lang

New Williams

Brown

See how our depth is already 10 times better( with a lot of assumptions granted)?

in deed ....a lot of assumptions and some real issues to overcome. Reed (if he plays) and Spencer are really foul prone and they are not much of a scoring threat though that could be OK if they rebound and play defense.

IMO, the real problem is to figure out where the offense is going to come from. Dunans is a good prospect and has been our worst loss this year..up until Canty departed. As for DP ? who knows yet whether he will be here and what he can do against SEC defenses?

The shame of all of this is.....we are in middle Feb and most people seem to have already written off the rest of the season as consisting of 6 more losses.

We will still be too small. Purifoy isn't close to a power forward. We don't have length next year with these line ups. We'll be exposed big time. Now if we can play reed and Spencer there's a little hope

We will still be too small. Purifoy isn't close to a power forward. We don't have length next year with these line ups. We'll be exposed big time. Now if we can play reed and Spencer there's a little hope

Just my thoughts, we do need some length. However, if our depth is better, we could press more, which is what Bruce loves to do, and play faster. Those things could help overcome our size deficiencies on the court.

That could happen if we all played defense well as a team but I haven't seen it yet. But even the small ball press needs length and we just don't have it. I like to use golden state as examples because I knew that was what pearl was trying to do then after I said it they won a championship and pearl pretty much said as much during the summer....

Golden state has two 6'7" guys....Thompson and green. Purifoy is more of a Thompson defender than green. We will need a rebounder and post defender that could play post and some perimeter. I don't see that guy. Then they have bogut or ezeli but Spencer and reed could do that role.

Purifoy can guard big small forwards and guards but down low we'll be screwed. And lastly to make small ball work you need finishers and shooters. If we can't space the floor none of this works....even worse not only do we not have the spacing like we did last year but we don't even have a player you can create shots for himself or others and NOBODY draws a double team. I can't even put in words how hard it is to play offense if the defense doesn't ever have to help. It's brutal

I really hope that TSD can come back strong and end up being out point guard. If this is the case, I've got

PG-Shamsid-Deen

SG-TJ Dunans

SF- Heron

PF-Purifoy

C-Spencer

If not, Harper or a Grad transfer has got the part

If I was purifoy and my coach tried to start me at power forward I'm transferring asap

PG: GT

SG: Heron

SF: Purifoy

PF: GT

C: Spencer

Key backup:

PG: Harper

SG : Dunans, Williams, Brown

SF: Lang, Mclemore

PF:

C: Reid

We could probably put Reid and Spencer together and they would combine for 30 rebounds and 8 points lol. We need more of a scoring option at PF. If only Harris came to us this year not last year..

If I was purifoy and my coach tried to start me at power forward I'm transferring asap

PG: GT

SG: Heron

SF: Purifoy

PF: GT

C: Spencer

Key backup:

PG: Harper

SG : Dunans, Williams, Brown

SF: Lang, Mclemore

PF:

C: Reid

We could probably put Reid and Spencer together and they would combine for 30 rebounds and 8 points lol. We need more of a scoring option at PF. If only Harris came to us this year not last year..

Put Reed and Spencer together and they would foul each other out in 15 minutes of play.....of course it's a good thing the refs don't blow the whistle when a guy fouls a team mate.

Both of them need to do a better job of keeping their feet on the floor. It's been pretty easy for opponents to lure both of them into fouls by faking a shot. Something for them to work on in the off season.

From what I have read Purifoy has put on muscle so would be able to hold his own down low and would be a match up nightmare for a true Power Forward. Purifoy is 6'7" and up to about 220 pounds as Pearl said he has an NBA ready body. Still a little short for Power Forward but he is strong. Harper is the real thing at PG he passes well he can also score lots of teams start freshman PG's he can hit the three. Heron is a big shooting guard who can score inside and outside also can play small Forward. Spencer and Reed will have to split the fouls at Center. Reed has also put a lot of muscle on since he played. A lot of his fouls first year was because he got pushed around and was out of position. Dunans is SG\SF who we have seen can really play when healthy. Then we have depth with Lang, Brown, Williams, McLemore, maybe Shamsid-Deen and possibly GT PG and big man.

We will have two players at every Position even without Grad transfers. Yes we will not have the big men we need unless Spencer or Reed are improved but between them we should be able to have some size on the floor at all times. Reed has gotten stronger not sure if he has gotten better and i expect a lot of improvement with Spencer over the off season both in getting stronger and eliminating the stupid fouls away from the basket

I don't think we can play Spencer and Reed at the same time. They bring the same thing to the table and being able to give Horace a break without sacrificing rim protection will be a plus for us next year. Next year will still be a work in progress but I think it will be a step in the right direction. IDK enough about Purifoy to say he can't play small-ball 4 but it would be a tremendous help to us if he can give us some minutes playing the 4. He's probably the same height as Bowers except Cim has more of a big man's game with a wing's size -- unfortunately for him.

• 2 weeks later...

My prediction is we will have various starting lineups depending on who we will play but if I had to pick a day 1 Lineup.

PG - Dunans

SG - Herron

SF - Purifoy

PF - Lang

C - Spencer

Lang and Purifoy are both not thick enough for PF and would have trouble defensively at PF but that would be a very Athletic team that would be a hard match-up defensively for other teams. Could easily see us swapping out Lang and Purifoy. Now if Spencer has added some O to his game by next year and Reed is able to contribute then move Spencer to PF and Reed to Center.

Biggest difference from this year assuming Reed does play we will have 10 quality scholarship players on the roster with Reed, Harper, Williams, McLemore, and Brown being in the rotation.

I highly doubt Herron starts next year. Significant minutes yes, but he's one of the rawest 5 stars in this year's class. Hoping Purifoy is on the team next year but you never know. Dunans will start possibly at PG if we don't get a grad guy, Bryce Brown will start at SG, Spencer will start C, and if Purifoy is still on the team I think he'll start at SF.

We might be able to give some teams fits if we have Danjel playing the 4 but his size worries me at the 4 spot. I don't like the idea of Dunans playing too much point but we may have to. I hope like hell Bryce Brown and New Williams dribble a basketball with every step they take between the moment our season ends till the tip off of next year. If they can improve their handles to be able to run PG in spurts it will be able to at least let Dunans slide to the wing where he's most effective. We need him crashing the boards (he's a very good rebounder for us from the wing) and PGs are generally not in a position to crash.

If purifoy is starting at the 4 we will suck and in the grand scheme will be a set back because he'd be wasting a year playing out of position while he needs to be learning how to play on the perimeter. And if he really has NBA potential we'll literally be asking him to place his dreams in danger without a good reason. If that was to happen and he was my son I'd have him out of this program so quick

If purifoy is starting at the 4 we will suck and in the grand scheme will be a set back because he'd be wasting a year playing out of position while he needs to be learning how to play on the perimeter. And if he really has NBA potential we'll literally be asking him to place his dreams in danger without a good reason. If that was to happen and he was my son I'd have him out of this program so quick

I don't even know why I said PF. I meant SF. My bad.

We might be able to give some teams fits if we have Danjel playing the 4 but his size worries me at the 4 spot. I don't like the idea of Dunans playing too much point but we may have to. I hope like hell Bryce Brown and New Williams dribble a basketball with every step they take between the moment our season ends till the tip off of next year. If they can improve their handles to be able to run PG in spurts it will be able to at least let Dunans slide to the wing where he's most effective. We need him crashing the boards (he's a very good rebounder for us from the wing) and PGs are generally not in a position to crash.

The Dunans thing is just assuming New may or may not be ready to be play PG next year. Jared Harper's size at 5'10 is what scares me.

The Dunans thing is just assuming New may or may not be ready to be play PG next year. Jared Harper's size at 5'10 is what scares me.

5'7 Tahj says hi

Archived