Muschamp buys $1.85M SC home

RunInRed

SEC head coach problems ...

Will Muschamp purchases $1.85M home on a South Carolina island, has 2,600 sq foot guest house

CbbLiOdW0AArFK5.png

CbbLmaHW0AAD-3l.png

CbbLrRuWAAAGllG.png

@darrenrovell

USC coach Muschamp to live at Lake Murray
  • $1.85 million lake house sits on remote private island
  • 5-bedroom, 7-bath house features swimming pool, guest house
  • House tucked away from main roads, easily missed

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article60723286.html#storylink=cpy

Very nice....get a lot of house for the money in South Carolina....and a great fishing lake at his door front.

What the heck is a "Florida Room"?!

Maybe the room on the leeward side of the house facing south because Florida Sucks??? :dunno: :dunno:

A room with a lot of light, usually with many windows and some skylights. I have one in my house, built to accommodate our many tropical plants in the winter.

Same thing a Carolina Room is....aka a room with lots of windows. Lived in Charleston and we had a Florida Room also had a FROG room.

Maybe the room on the leeward side of the house facing south because Florida Sucks??? :dunno: :dunno:

Hey there, easy! Unless you're talking about UNIVERSITY of Florida, then I'd agree with you!

A Florida room, as Golf said, is a room with a lot of windows, really harking back to the days in Florida where A/C wasn't a thing if you can believe it. My Mom told me about going to school all the way up to H.S. without A/C in Tampa! Most old school Florida rooms from houses in the 40s/50s/60s had those really large crank out windows where you could get a good cross draft going.

Hey there, easy! Unless you're talking about UNIVERSITY of Florida, then I'd agree with you!

A Florida room, as Golf said, is a room with a lot of windows, really harking back to the days in Florida where A/C wasn't a thing if you can believe it. My Mom told me about going to school all the way up to H.S. without A/C in Tampa! Most old school Florida rooms from houses in the 40s/50s/60s had those really large crank out windows where you could get a good cross draft going.

You are obviously just a youngster....when I was at AU most of my class rooms did not have A/C....and of course, Mag Hall did not have A/C. All the class rooms had huge windows to raise. Could be wrong but the student union and the new library were the first fully A/C buildings I recall.

If you live in the Carolinas you have a Florida room....and in northern states I guess they have Carolina Rooms.....all with plenty of glass and set up for cross breezes.

What matters is CWM is on the Lake where a number of South Carolina fishing records have been set.

Been to Lake Murray many times, not far from downtown and the USC campus. Not a bad place to hang your hat. Boom (and probably more so Mrs. Boom) have good taste for sure.

These HC's make bank these days. That new house in SC will be great for entertaining the players in the summer.

This is a good move by Will. I saw an article from when rich rod arrived at Arizona, and he was talking about how his home could impress recruits.

I think it's a room where he spends time reminiscing about what could have been had things worked out at Florida.

I think it's a room where he spends time reminiscing about what could have been had things worked out at Florida.

he should call it the "gator" house because they paid for it.

Good investment since the SC faithful let you get by winning 7 or 8 games a season there. Since the SEC East is so weak he shouldn't have an issue with that at all.

In Florida, a Florida Room is basically a screened it patio or enclosed porch, sometimes with windows, but at most with a ceiling fan. If the room is "under air" (meaning central A/C venting directly into the room itself), it is usually called a sun room instead. As to the meaning in South Carolina or anywhere outside Florida, well ..... When I saw that, all I could think of was a room filled with stuff he acquired in Florida, both the local tasteless style of furniture and UF stuff. I've lived in 10 different states, in every different part of the country, and I've found positives about living in every one of them -- except Florida.

The United Methodist Church has a "parsonage" system where the church owns a nice house and new pastors have a place to live immediately and don't have to go through the process of looking for a house...or selling one when they leave.

Since AU goes through coaches faster than the UMC goes through itinerant preachers it seems reasonable that the Athletic Department should own a few very nice houses on golf courses or nearby lakes and could make "housing" a part of the package for coaches. When a coach leaves, all the school would have to do is re-paint and wallpaper and the new coaching family could move right in.

I can see it now....kind of a sports oriented mill village like the old textile giants used to maintain.

I would rather see au coaches buying their own houses, thereby at least putting some of that money back in the community. it also shows some level of commitment to staying around........real or not

as for cwm, good for him. I am jealous

Maybe the room on the leeward side of the house facing south because Florida Sucks??? :dunno:/> :dunno:/>

You are obviously just a youngster....when I was at AU most of my class rooms did not have A/C....and of course, Mag Hall did not have A/C. All the class rooms had huge windows to raise. Could be wrong but the student union and the new library were the first fully A/C buildings I recall.

If you live in the Carolinas you have a Florida room....and in northern states I guess they have Carolina Rooms.....all with plenty of glass and set up for cross breezes.

What matters is CWM is on the Lake where a number of South Carolina fishing records have been set.

Just never heard of a Sun room called a Florida Room or Carolina room but that's the designer in me talking. Miss those southern terms.

Archived