Notes on Big Play Offense

StatTiger

Of course. But teams that consistently play good to great D are more likely to win championships consistently. spuat has had very good defenses since saban has been HC. How many SEC Championships and National Titles has spuat won since 2007? saban to his credit has also learned that a decent O will help and he hired Lane Kiffen and has adjusted his O philosophy but there is no doubt saban and spuats success is built on D.

wde

Sure his teams are sound on defense but they are also sound in the running game as well as Qb play.

saban's teams are more than just "sound" on defense. Under Pruitt, spuat is likely to get even better on D. Under saban spuat has beem sound on O and are getting better than sound on O since Kiffen has been OC. saban is a damn good HC who adjusts. AU fans can only hope saban will retire or die in the next several years.

wde

Would rather AU get it together and beat him. Then he retires....as an AU fan I would never hope anyone opposing coach dies....

Totally agree. I would never wish harm to any opposing coach or player. I was just being sarcastic.

I look for Kiffin to get another HC job in the next 2 years. The same could be in store for Pruitt. When Saban loses Kiffin, you will see a drop off in offense no doubt. When Pruitt leaves, I would not be surprised if Saban tried to hire Coach Steele. I hope that this never happens.

Archived