2017 4* ILB Kenney (K.J.) Britt Commits to AU!

RunInRed

Updated (10/31/16): K.J. chooses AU!

Picked up AU offer today (2/20/16) ...

Kj Britt

K.J. Britt, ILB
Oxford, AL
Ht: 6'1 | Wt: 223 | 40: 4.69

• AU offered, 2/20/16
  • Multiple unofficial visits to AU
  • Officially visited Ole Miss this past weekend (watching Auburn win, 40-29)
  • Announcement time: 10/31/16, 2:00PM CT
  • Official visit date 11/04/16 (planned)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Army, California, Cincinnati, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Jacksonville State, Louisville, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Mississippi, Mississippi State, North Carolina State, South Alabama, Stanford, Syracuse, Tennessee, Troy, UAB, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest, among others.

247Sports: 3*
Rivals: 4*
Scout: 3*
ESPN: 4*

Britt is a throwback linebacker talent who plays with plenty of energy and enthusiasm at the prep level. He lines up in many places but will be an inside linebacker in college since he excels tackle-to-tackle. Britt has a thick, compact frame and can explode in tight spaces, often producing one-sided collisions against both blockers and ball carriers. Despite great size, he's serviceable in space but will need to continue to improve as a pass defender both in zone and man coverage.

http://www.scout.com/player/202209-k-j-britt/analysis?year=2016

Hudl Highlights

4061565.jpg

Edited by ellitor

On 2/20/2016 at 6:44 PM, RunInRed said:
More than Blessed to receive an offer today from Auburn University! G3 ! War Eagle!

Good Day at Auburn Today 1f537.png1f536.png1f537.png1f536.png.. 1f914.png War Eagle 1f4af.png

@K_Britt10

so by his quote, we gave him two offers? :)

Nice article on his offer:

AUBURN, Ala. — When Kenney Britt stepped inside Gus Malzahn’s office on Saturday morning, he was expecting an offer.

“I had talked to Coach Malzahn earlier this morning, but he didn’t offer me, so, I was kind of down,” said Britt, who attended the program’s Junior Day over the weekend.

But during Auburn’s basketball game against Ole Miss, the offer came.

“It’s big,” said Britt. “I knew they were going to offer me, but I didn’t know it was going to be this early. I’m excited right now. I’m kind of lost for words.”

Linebackers coach Travis Williams extended the offer to the three-star linebacker out of Oxford, Ala., who admitted afterwards it was ‘shocking.’ With Auburn now officially in the fold, Britt’s recruitment has changed.

“It’s going to have a big impact because I know I can come down here and play,” said Britt, the No. 20 inside linebacker in 2017. “They play freshman and they play the best. I don’t have a pretty deep depth chart to get behind. As long as I keep doing what I’m doing, I should be able to play anywhere I go, even here.”

Britt raved about his time spent with Williams, who is in his first season as the program’s linebackers coach.

“Our relationship is already good,” Britt said. “I talked to him when he was an analyst last year. I believe he’s going to be my best fit. I think he’s going to get me to the next level.”

The 6-foot-1, 217-pound rising senior listed Auburn among his favorites following the weekend visit. He plans to visit Tennessee in the coming weeks.

link

Edited by lkeel75

• 4 weeks later...

KJ has become a top LB target for AU. He wore AU gear yesterday at the Nike Regional Camp for The Opening in Atlanta. KJ was the LB MVP at the event which included notable targets Markail Benton & TD Moultry. Expect KJ to get an invite in the next couple of months to The Opening finals in Oregon.

Was there watching live, one of the top 5 most physically impressive kids there yesterday. He's not going to be a 3 star long.

Was there watching live, one of the top 5 most physically impressive kids there yesterday. He's not going to be a 3 star long.

True. If he commits to AU, he will drop to 2 star. :-)

Free blurb on KJ from the Atlanta Opening camp yesterday

There are not too many linebackers hotter that K.J. Britt at this time. The star out of Oxford (Ala.) visited Georgia Saturday and he was offered by the Bulldogs. Then he camped at The Opening Regional Sunday and shined. He is a strong inside linebacker, but he can run too. He was not out of place in coverage Sunday and he showed he can stay with some running backs. His best football is attacking going downhill, but he continues to grow, he loves to play fast, and he stood out Sunday. Auburn and Alabama among others are in this race.

Edited by ellitor

This is the LB I want most to come to AU

Bingo. Watching him yesterday was extremely refreshing for me. Dude is talented, loves the game, competes like hell, and carries himself very well. His film is outstanding and he seems like a good kid. We need to lock him down now before his stock skyrockets.

Edited by AUinGA44

Updates from his Twitter:

- Announcement date August 8th.

- Top 12 April 11th.

- Says he and Dylan Humble (@humble10) are a package deal.

- Top 12 April 11th.

Issuing ultimatums is not a good way to win friends and influence people. Maybe Jax State will be a good place for the buddy system?

- Top 12 April 11th.

Keith says @Humble10 is an account for TD Moultry. The header pick for that account looks like TD & I found tweets referencing TD w/ that handle. If they do end up a package deal that may not be good for us if TD is really leaning to Bama.