2017 4* ILB Kenney (K.J.) Britt Commits to AU!

RunInRed

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

that one was ridiculous. Is he the one where he was essentially lawfully kidnapped until he was "convinced" to flip?

That was Brent Calloway. Ended up getting dismissed from the team and then arrested, I think. Sad story.

Tempting to think that things would've gone better for him if he'd ended up where he wanted to be, but we weren't exactly in the business of reforming at risk youths ourselves during the Chizik years. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That was Brent Calloway. Ended up getting dismissed from the team and then arrested, I think. Sad story.

Tempting to think that things would've gone better for him if he'd ended up where he wanted to be, but we weren't exactly in the business of reforming at risk youths ourselves during the Chizik years. 

Good call on Calloway. The name Peaches kind of rings a bell with that story. And lol @ Chizik and reforming at risk youths.

• Like 1

Reading an article about his commitment on al.com his dad, who claims he is a big Bama fan, said the decision was his son's  and Mr. Brittle now embraces the Tigers. Don't you wish all father's could be like this. WDE KJ and family.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Good call on Calloway. The name Peaches kind of rings a bell with that story. And lol @ Chizik and reforming at risk youths.

Yep, Peaches, exactly.

Thanks for posting his senior highlights. He is like a heat seeking missile once he locks on to target he gets there quickly with bad intentions but great form. Almost every tackle in addition to hitting hard he wrapped up. I was exited before this just make me even happier. As an EE I would not be surprised to see him playing Special Teams and even a little mop up duty in his first year.

Hey K.J., as a man who was born in Anniston and went to Oxford a lot, I'm thrilled that you have committed to play for the Auburn Family. I've also watched so many Anniston / Oxford games over the years.

• Like 1