2017 4* ILB Kenney (K.J.) Britt Commits to AU!

RunInRed

The funny twist to this is that they say they will announce for the same school but on different days. Just kind of feels like a set-up. Will be pleasantly surprised to sign both! ;)/>

Seemingly, one would think that a recruit would love for his choice to be just as unknown as the previous one so the guessing game can be played out among the fans.

In this case, the recruit that commits first would be essentially announcing where the second guy is playing.

That'seven assuming they pick the same school.

According to B Matthews, they are planning on picking the same school. Planning being the operative word.

Yes, but what we are saying is that's only an issue if you believe this is straight up. They may have all the intentions in the world to be a package deal, but as many have said that rarely pans out. In the event it doesn't, the suspense to see if it does is just as much of a game as everything else.

Yup & another factor could be KJ does not appear to be high on Bama right now. Not sure if they are not high on him or what but that's where things appear to be right now.

uat can only take one or two more LBer's in this class. I think uat likes Britt but has at least 3 to 4 LBers ahead of Britt. From reading the bol site anyways.

There was a recent announcement about them getting a commitment from a JUCO LB. Maybe they don't see this year's offering as the goldmine that we believe it to be? In any case, if that fills one of their four or five LB slots I'm a happy camper.

• 2 weeks later...

Things sound good with KJ, per new article in the TD Moultry thread.

Those 2 kids are two of my favorites in this class.

KJ, TD, Ignont, Wooten, and Benton would be the best LB class I can ever remember. And I think we get at least 4 of those guys.

Interview after yesterday's AU visit

AUBURN | K.J. Britt has already developed a close relationship with Auburn linebackers coach Travis Williams. Thursday, the talented linebacker from Oxford (Ala.) High got to see Williams coaching for the first time.

Britt attended the Tigers’ practice.

“It was big,” Britt said. “He's not one of those old-school coaches, he's one that teaches first and gets on you later. He's just one of the coaches you want coaching you. He tells you why you messed up, when you're doing good, congratulates you, gives you a pat on the back.

“It's just good seeing a coach fly around. He was never still. Him flying around, clapping his hands and being a part of practice physically and everything, it was just all good watching him coach.”

Britt was there with Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin linebacker Tadarian Moultry, who had to head home before practice. But the pair, who plan to commit to the same school in August, spent a lot of time meeting with Williams, defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and head coach Gus Malzahn earlier during the day.

“It just felt like it was outside of recruiting. It just felt like the 1-on-1 time with TD was awesome,” Britt said. “His talking to us linebacker-wise, what TD is going to be, what I'm going to be, making the calls. I learned the calls pretty quick. It was big to sit down with Coach T-Will. I had a long meeting with Coach Steele, had a long meeting with Coach Malzahn. It's different when it's 1-on-1 time.”

Britt, 6-foot-1 and 223 pounds, plans to release a list of his top schools on April 11 and announce a commitment on Aug. 8. He said Auburn is already on the list of 12, which he’s currently guarding on his phone.

“I just now it's about family here,” Britt said. “Everybody treats you the same. It's consistent and that's big. That's going to play a big role because I don't want to go somewhere they change up the day I get there.”

And Britt credits Williams for helping to create that family feel every time he visits.

“He tells me they don't really want me, they need me. It's the same from every (Auburn) coach,” Britt said. “He tells me he needs guys that will step in and be physical, be a leader, be the bell cow of the defense. He told me he sees all that in me and TD. He said he wanted us to get down here as much as possible and make it family.”

Britt has an impressive offer list for a three-star including Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, N.C. State, Louisville and Cincinnati.

I'm starting to think KS's being AU's D-Coord was the right move. KS, TW, & RG are doing a great job here.

Also hearing the returning D plays have 100% bought into KS's coaching & system.

I'm starting to think KS's being AU's D-Coord was the right move. KS, TW, & RG are doing a great job here.

Also hearing the returning D plays have 100% bought into KS's coaching & system.

That sounds great!

That sounds great!

Yes, that's great news. I believe we're going to see our D make drastic improvements this season and it all starts with our D line.

What an impressive offer list for Britt, hope we pull him and TD as well as a few more. War Eagle!!

KJ won the MVP today in the Atlanta Rivals regional camp. He also won the same award for The Opening Regional in Atlanta a week or 2 ago. Very impressive.

Winning two camp awards like that he won't be a 3 * for long.

Released his top 10 in order.

His top 3 are:

1. UGA

2. AU

3. UF

Just read that myself. Kind of confused seeing how he's been in AU so much. Oh well, long way until signing day.

So, the buddy system deal with Moultry is already blown? Not that anybody here was taking it seriously anyway but....

The buddy system lasted ... What ... 3 days? It is more times than not the guys that loudly claim they want to play together, tend not to.

Sounds like both of these guys are players ... I wish they wouldn't talk about a package deal for sake of the bad mojo that goes with it. I'd rather them be strangers to each other so we can get both ...

So, the buddy system deal with Moultry is already blown? Not that anybody here was taking it seriously anyway but....

No. Not even close. I think the recruits are just having their normal recruiting fun.

AU & UGA are both in their top 3. Just because they "list" different schools @ #1 does not mean they don't still plan to pick the same school.

Edited by ellitor

It's all about control. God forbid two kids think they can dictate both going to the same school.....But we want both of them lol

It's all about control. God forbid two kids think they can dictate both going to the same school.....But we want both of them lol

So, you're saying that what they are doing is just another way of messing with people for the fun of it and you're ok with that?

So, you're saying that what they are doing is just another way of messing with people for the fun of it and you're ok with that?

Not a betting man but if I were I'd put some cash down on both KB & TD go to AU.

No I said nothing of the sort and I think you are the only person that would come up with that from my statement. The big question is if you've literally been crying about linebackers for four years what is your problem if they come as a package deal or not?

Not a betting man but if I were I'd put some cash down on both KB & TD go to AU.

Well I am a betting man and I will put down some cash on both to AU.

Betting man? I thought you were a drinking man?

I'll drink a PBR to that.

that's just crazy talk

Betting man? I thought you were a drinking man?

Betting and drinking go hand in hand..................

that's just crazy talk

:-\