2017 3* OLB Chandler Wooten (AU 5/13/16)

RunInRed

This is one of those guys we needed to get! Great pickup! Hopefully we can add KJ and Ignont to make for a solid LB class.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Why-Auburn-Wooten-explains-45324614

He's a cool dude..not to mention really bright. Already talking about what he needs to improve on.

He's going to be an Early Enrollee. Will do wonders for us.

War Eagle Chandler

Edited by Randman5000

Mikey should be excited with the LB class. TD, Britt and Wooten all looking good. Tre looks really good as a freshmen also.

Mikey will not be happy til the NLIs are faxed in.

Mikey should be excited with the LB class. TD, Britt and Wooten all looking good. Tre looks really good as a freshmen also.

I'm happy with the developments. I'll hold off on lighting a bunch of fireworks until the letters are faxed in.

It's looking promising though. Gotta admit that much lol... Man, when is Garner gonna get us some Dlinemen commits ? T-will out working all of them, IMO... I like the look of the class though. Filling some key areas. It's still early but I've seen a lot of other teams classes filling up and I think that will help us away some guys late.

I'm happy with the developments. I'll hold off on lighting a bunch of fireworks until the letters are faxed in.

Looks like I spoke to soon. lol

It's looking promising though. Gotta admit that much lol... Man, when is Garner gonna get us some Dlinemen commits ? T-will out working all of them, IMO... I like the look of the class though. Filling some key areas. It's still early but I've seen a lot of other teams classes filling up and I think that will help us away some guys late.

The plan right now is for only 1 DT & 2 DEs. Will not be a big DL class like last year.

The plan right now is for only 1 DT & 2 DEs. Will not be a big DL class like last year.

That should be higher, 3 & 2 or minimum 2&2 cause every class u get a guy that never produces. Can't let it be the only guy u get . Gotta get at least 2 at every position IMO.

QB: 1-2

RB: 1-2

WR: 2-3

TE/HB: 0-1

OL: 4-5

DT: 2-3

DE: 2

LB: 3-4

CB: 1-2

S/N: 2

Total: 22-25

Has it really changed to 1 DT? I just don't see us only takin 1... We will take 4 Dlinemen IMO

Edited by ScottsboroAuburnFan

Has it really changed to 1 DT? I just don't see us only takin 1... We will take 4 Dlinemen IMO

Yes it has. The info I posted in that thread is more current even though it's from 2 months ago itself. The only we we take 2 DTs is if the 2nd guy is special or best overall available. I don't know this but my guess id Coach Steele is transitioning from a 4 man front to a 3 man front that uses 1 DT per play. Link

RB: 2

HB: 0

TE: 0-1

OT: 3

OG: 1

C: 1

DT: 1-2

LB: 4-5

S: 2

Max # AU can take as of today: 28

Edited by ellitor

Yes it has. The info I posted in that thread is more current even though it's from 2 months ago itself. The only we we take 2 DTs is if the 2nd guy is special or best overall available. I don't know this but my guess id Coach Steele is transitioning from a 4 man front to a 3 man front that uses 1 DT per play. Link

Those numbers show 20-26 possible. So I'm sure we have a lot of flex room to add a guy here or there if we don't take max at every position

Those numbers show 20-26 possible. So I'm sure we have a lot of flex room to add a guy here or there if we don't take max at every position

Just because we can take 28 this class at the moment does not mean we will. The projected number of actual takes is 22-25. I would not be surprised if we sign our max though.

Didn't Gus say we went a few short last class to take a few extra this time and for EE's?

No. Some of us who follow recruiting closely said we would like AU to go a few short last year since we missed on some tier 1 guys & the 2017 class being much better overall than 2016. Gus never mad similar statements to my knowledge.

Ok I was thinking Gus said somthing about the class on or after signing day about not takin a full class to free up some spots for EE's or 2017 class I don't remember. Maybe he didn't

Ok I was thinking Gus said somthing about the class on or after signing day about not takin a full class to free up some spots for EE's or 2017 class I don't remember. Maybe he didn't

I think we didn't take the full class because of some notable swings and misses right around and on signing day. I had a death in the family two days before signing day so I lost track to some extent.