2017 3* OLB Chandler Wooten (AU 5/13/16)

RunInRed

Chandler may only be a 3-star right now, but I have a feeling he'll jump to being a 4-start by the time we kick it off against Clemson.

From Rivals...

With three seniors and no expected attrition or early NFL Draft departures, Auburn appears to need two or three defensive tackles in the 2017 class.

Edit: http://auburn.n.rivals.com/news/roster-analysis-dt

Edited by ScottsboroAuburnFan

From Rivals...

With three seniors and no expected attrition or early NFL Draft departures, Auburn appears to need two or three defensive tackles in the 2017 class.

Edit: http://auburn.n.riva...ter-analysis-dt

Lol. You might want to actually read the article & not just headlines...
NEEDS FOR 2017: With three seniors and no expected attrition or early NFL Draft departures, Auburn appears to need two or three defensive tackles in the 2017 class. However, you have to account for position changes and the Tigers have at least one defensive end, true freshman Marlon Davidson, that could grow into a defensive tackle by this time next year. So the actual need in 2017 is more like one or two.

That's if Davidson moves inside. Whice he might do, but he is a DE right now

Regardless, I'm telling you the staff's plan is 1 DT maybe 2 if the 2nd is special or best overall left on the board. That plan may very well change but that's where things are now. This comes from every AU recruiting reporter. Just trust me.

Now it can be your opinion that you disagree with the staff's plans & you are well with in your right to do so.

Thanks for the info E!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Georgia has apparently offered.

I don't think he flips though. We have been with him from the beginning. It's a linebacker year.

30 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Georgia has apparently offered.

I don't think he flips though. We have been with him from the beginning. It's a linebacker year.

Don't think he flips either. Wooten has been a top priority for Steele all along. Could be the top LBer on AU's board. 

• Like 1

The dawgs started strong but have started to fall short when it comes to on field performance. I think CW stays with Auburn and maybe a few UGA commits follow him. The season is important and recruiting has benefited the winner of "The Oldest Rivalry in the South" 

3 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

The dawgs started strong but have started to fall short when it comes to on field performance. I think CW stays with Auburn and maybe a few UGA commits follow him. The season is important and recruiting has benefited the winner of "The Oldest Rivalry in the South" 

We won't get many if any pups commits. Their staff is in their first year. New staff's usually get 2-3 years of stability which benefits and recruiting even if 1 season's record is not up to normal standard or expectation. What Georgia does on the field this season will have little to no impact on this year's recruiting class for them.

That may prove to be true, E however, you have to think some of H.S recruits may see something in that program that causes them to look elsewhere. Sometimes the general publics opinion about what they see on the field can have some bearing as well. I agree with what you're saying, i just think that there will be enough doubt caused by on the field perceptions that allow us to swoop in and grab some good talent. JMHO :dunno:

18 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

That may prove to be true, E however, you have to think some of H.S recruits may see something in that program that causes them to look elsewhere. Sometimes the general publics opinion about what they see on the field can have some bearing as well. I agree with what you're saying, i just think that there will be enough doubt caused by on the field perceptions that allow us to swoop in and grab some good talent. JMHO :dunno:

Based on recruiting history that is unlikely to happen. The public's opinion usually does not have an effect on a first-year coach ability to recruit. The only thing that can hurt a first-year coach in recruiting is total catastrophe resulting in a major staff change but that rarely happens. The only other possible factor would be a major coordinator or recruiter moving on to a better job but that rarely happens after year one but that usually has a minimal impact.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Great to hear. He will be a great LB for us.

I agree- him & TD Moultry will fit in nicely with the linebackers we have returning.

I like the way him shutting it down looks for all parties. Auburn showed enough for him to be 100%, he is focused and knows what he wants and he is mature enough not to lead anyone on. 

41 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

I like the way him shutting it down looks for all parties. Auburn showed enough for him to be 100%, he is focused and knows what he wants and he is mature enough not to lead anyone on. 

Yep. Did you see in the article that Coach Williams visited prior..and was there for the game. Not a coincidence.

Twill needs a raise. 

• Like 2

Great vision and nose for the ball. He looks really good. I think this could be our best LB class in a long time.