Gus Takes Recruit For Ride in His New BMW

Proud Tiger

Gus took 2017 prospect Tray Bishop for a ride in his brand new BMW i8......price tag $140,700.

image.jpg

"When (Malzahn) pulled up, he came over to me and whispered in my ear, 'That's my new ride,'" Bishop said. "He was like, 'Before you leave I want to spin a few blocks with you.' Before the basketball game he came and got me and told me a little bit about the car and we drove."

Bishop said Malzahn purchased the car Friday. A BMW i8 features scissor doors and carries a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $140,700.

"It was crazy," Bishop said. "I never pictured myself riding in something like that. I see sport cars all the time but I've never pictured myself riding, like I got where I wanted to be in life."

http://www.al.com/au..._river_home_pop

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect it is a recruiting tactic mostly. And if he mainly uses it for/at work, he can probably write it off on taxes. It could also be CGMs way of showing everything about him is AuFast. Also, if you consider his 4 million annual salary, 140k is peanuts to him.

Either way, what does it matter? Anyone who would criticize a man for spending .03% of his annual salary on a vehicle needs something else to do.

But it seems like when Saban drives recruits around in one of his new Mercedes or his Terry's Mercedes nothing is ever said or reported on.

Not sure why some people couldn't see Gus having that car. If I made 4 milli a year I'd have one for kicks and giggles too.

This^^^^^^^^^^... I would have a Toyota tercel sitting on 80" all terrains. ...

Not sure why some people couldn't see Gus having that car. If I made 4 milli a year I'd have one for kicks and giggles too.

This^^^^^^^^^^... I would have a Toyota tercel sitting on 80" all terrains. ...

No

probably Kristy's car. I see gus more of an F-150 guy

Really? I would think that a guy w/ loads of money that likes to innovate would drive something innovative.

Not a BMW guy myself. If someone else wants one more power to them.

For myself personally, I'd prefer the nicest Land Rover money can buy, but I'm pretty sure Gus already has one of those.

Not a BMW guy myself. If someone else wants one more power to them.

For myself personally, I'd prefer the nicest Land Rover money can buy, but I'm pretty sure Gus already has one of those.

Not a fan of the British auto industry products. I had an MG, back in the day, and it was fun to drive as long as it would start. Thought about a Jaguar, but the salesman suggested I buy two to keep one of them running. A German car is well engineered and I would Gus likes the Hybrid aspect of the BMW i8.

probably Kristy's car. I see gus more of an F-150 guy

Really? I would think that a guy w/ loads of money that likes to innovate would drive something innovative.

you can't fit many play books in that rig. Practicality is more like it.

I think this is the perfect choice for a recruiting tool. The i8 is pretty rare, so most kids haven't seen one, which makes it come off as even more exotic than a Ferrari or Lamborghini. It's design is extremely unique. It's a combination of exotic, high performance, and environmentally friendly, so you can play to every kids emotions. Finally, the stock color scheme is pretty easy to tie to Auburn, especially with its blue detailing.

Archived