Gus Takes Recruit For Ride in His New BMW

Proud Tiger

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not narcissism....most 16-17-18 year old boys like really cool cars. That goes back probably since they were invented. Yeah they are expensive but most exotic cars are, that is what makes them cool.

That was the point I was trying to make. Thanks for clarifying.

No one is disputing the fact that boys like cool cars. Most people like cool cars. I like cool cars.

And I've stated several times that if he bought the car for him, that's awesome. However, if it's a recruiting tool then yeah, it is catering to a materialistic and narcissistic generation, that says I want to be dazzled and entertained, do that and you have a chance with me. The more other coaches/programs put on a show, the more other schools do.

Again, the fact that he's taking guys to see his car or on a ride is for the obvious reason that guys like cars. I'm speaking to the overall implications that coaches are doing whatever they can to gain an edge with these guys, and these recruits know it's all about them.

I'm with you, Barnacle (I did read your previous posts, also).

I'll add that the price tag absolutely does matter to a lot of kids. Been that way for decades.

Appreciate it, Loof.

And, I apologize for coming in and pooping on a thread about a really badass car.

Gus makes 4 mil a year, this car is chump change. It's a BMW i8 for crying out loud. The way some have responded to this you'd think Gus was flaunting a Bugatti Veyron.

Not sure why some people couldn't see Gus having that car. If I made 4 milli a year I'd have one for kicks and giggles too.

Not a BMW guy myself. If someone else wants one more power to them.

For myself personally, I'd prefer the nicest Land Rover money can buy, but I'm pretty sure Gus already has one of those.

Not a fan of the British auto industry products. I had an MG, back in the day, and it was fun to drive as long as it would start. Thought about a Jaguar, but the salesman suggested I buy two to keep one of them running. A German car is well engineered and I would Gus likes the Hybrid aspect of the BMW i8.

BMW isn't a British car. Its German. BMW stands for Bavarian Motor Works. Not British Motor Works.

Not sure why some people couldn't see Gus having that car. If I made 4 milli a year I'd have one for kicks and giggles too.

For myself personally, I'd prefer the nicest Land Rover money can buy, but I'm pretty sure Gus already has one of those.

Not a fan of the British auto industry products. I had an MG, back in the day, and it was fun to drive as long as it would start. Thought about a Jaguar, but the salesman suggested I buy two to keep one of them running. A German car is well engineered and I would Gus likes the Hybrid aspect of the BMW i8.

BMW isn't a British car. Its German. BMW stands for Bavarian Motor Works. Not British Motor Works.

Think he was responding to the Land Rover comment. Which is British. ;)

Think he was responding to the Land Rover comment. Which is British. ;)

yep that's my fault for speed reading.

When Ford bought Jaguar they fixed the electrical and engine problems that Jag had. They have made it into a nice car before selling Jag to Tata..

whatever his reasoning, it's cool and he can afford it. if it is multifunctional, and can bring in a recruit too, so be it. maybe he's going through a midlife crisis. lol.

FTR, I think the trans am on the previous page is more fitting of the chiz iyam......

whatever his reasoning, it's cool and he can afford it. if it is multifunctional, and can bring in a recruit too, so be it. maybe he's going through a midlife crisis. lol.

FTR, I think the trans am on the previous page is more fitting of the chiz iyam......

It's because of the leather jacket I'm guessing!? :)

Think he was responding to the Land Rover comment. Which is British. ;)/>

Correct Shocks, I've been a BMW fan for years, not so much the Land Rover or any other UK product. Just bought a M4 last year, hence the M4 in my name.

Correct Shocks, I've been a BMW fan for years, not so much the Land Rover or any other UK product. Just bought a M4 last year, hence the M4 in my name.

Was it Auburn themed? Seems like I remember a member posting pictures before. Always love the M series anything.

I too am a BMW driver, 2002 325i. I love and hate it right now as in the past year a slew of problems have happened with it. Most recently, I believe a wheel sensor froze and broke because it's telling me my traction control is off and my emergency brake light is yellow/orange. That came on after our most recent snow storm that dropped 15" on us. It does have 180k miles on it, 130k I put on myself. I think driving it in the snow has a lot to do with the issues I'm having. I'll drive it until the wheels fall off though...then it's onto something more appropriate for the snow(read as: Subaru).

Was it Auburn themed? Seems like I remember a member posting pictures before. Always love the M series anything.

I too am a BMW driver, 2002 325i. I love and hate it right now as in the past year a slew of problems have happened with it. Most recently, I believe a wheel sensor froze and broke because it's telling me my traction control is off and my emergency brake light is yellow/orange. That came on after our most recent snow storm that dropped 15" on us. It does have 180k miles on it, 130k I put on myself. I think driving it in the snow has a lot to do with the issues I'm having. I'll drive it until the wheels fall off though...then it's onto something more appropriate for the snow(read as: Subaru).

Yep, that's the one. Azurite Black (read dark blue) with orange interior. I've had one in my garage since a 1979 320i. Many different iterations and I have found the BMW doesn't do well in snow and ice. Odd for a German car, I understand the 325IX does the job.

When Ford bought Jaguar they fixed the electrical and engine problems that Jag had. They have made it into a nice car before selling Jag to Tata..

You're correct, Ford helped the Jag out in the reliability department. They made the car marketable again.

Nice ride. I'm more partial to the 911 Turbo for that price though.

Ditto.

I would never pay that kind of money for a car no matter how rich I am. I am very comfortable with my retirement setup, and drive a Honda Pilot 2016. I do not drive, so my wife does all of the driving. If I made the kind of money Gus makes, I would get me a 1962 Vet painted navy blue with orange pin stripping.

Gus should get himself a totally refurbished HUMVEE that can run over a garbage truck and come out without a scratch. He could tell recruits that this is the weapon that takes it to the opposition no matter what the opposition drives!

I would never pay that kind of money for a car no matter how rich I am. I am very comfortable with my retirement setup, and drive a Honda Pilot 2016. I do not drive, so my wife does all of the driving. If I made the kind of money Gus makes, I would get me a 1962 Vet painted navy blue with orange pin stripping.

Gus should get himself a totally refurbished HUMVEE that can run over a garbage truck and come out without a scratch. He could tell recruits that this is the weapon that takes it to the opposition no matter what the opposition drives!

I just had visions of D-day in Animal House and the Deathmobile.

images-57.jpeg?w=500maxresdefault.jpg

For those that may not know, Bavaria is in Germany.

http://www.destinati...is-bavaria.html

• 1 month later...

Archived