2016 NFL Scouting Combine

RunInRed

The overall analysis for the 8 or so AU guys is pretty poor. The NFL scouts take on our LBs Cass and Frost is embarrassing. Coleman is the only guy with real potential it seems.

What did they say about our linebackers?

Cass

WEAKNESSES

Poor instincts and feel for play design. Gets sealed by blocks he doesn't see coming and loses gap leverage due to his instincts over a lack of play strength. Bulky frame with some stiffness. Has missed 25 tackles over last three years. Marginal quickness in his lateral scrape and rarely stays ahead of the blockers in a race for positioning. No matchup cover talent. One of the starters benched for poor play and a lack of communication after the LSU game.

SOURCES TELL US

"I like his toughness but unless you are going to use him as a pass rusher I don't see any third-down value and his entire game revolves around the box. Just too limited." -- AFC East scout

FROST

WEAKNESSES

Was benched along with two other starters for poor performance and lack of communication in the 45­-21 loss to LSU. Gets lost on the field. Lacks awareness and instincts to keep him in front of the play. No feel for where blocks are coming from and gets sealed far too often by second level blockers. Needs to drop pad level. Missing the play speed and instincts to play downhill effectively. Content demeanor and lack of fire are a concern to scouts.

SOURCES TELL US

"I think his head is swimming from all of the voices he's had as coordinator. At some point he may start to play rather than think and he's got really good size. What is going to kill him is his effort level. His LSU tape was embarrassing." -- AFC Director of college scouting

Yup!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta check this....remember Heath Evans......see his combine numbers ..37 years old and better than most RBs this year.

http://www.sportingn...-press-fullback

He is still ripped that's for sure

https://mobile.twitt...8556416/photo/1

Benched his age for reps, and blew away the kids today.

Holy cow

Best part is he did it while wearing a dress shirt and tie. Wonder what he could have done if he had gotten serious? :)

It is funny how some of the regulars on here, refuse to comment on Heath. I wonder why? :dunno:

Dag, I would love to know how you are so "sure" of these things about me, but for the sake of staying on topic, what do my abilities and sporting past have to do with how Kris and Cass have performed?

For the record, I was able to transition from DE to LB, but not LB to CB. My hips weren't fast enough...........no matter how bad I wanted it.

High school football is hard. But, to play your little game, in your response to me you said YOU WANT to do a lot of things. Who cares what you want to do? Kris Frost was an elite athlete out of high school. He never reached his full LB potential. Ok whatever, but scouts shouldn't question your effort as a senior LB, specifically in a game against one the premier opponents on your schedule, playing on national TV. Kris Frost is a very well mannered individual. Maybe, he needs to go the Christian Robinson route and become a coach. I do not see professional football in his future.

Gotta check this....remember Heath Evans......see his combine numbers ..37 years old and better than most RBs this year.

http://www.sportingn...-press-fullback

He is still ripped that's for sure

https://mobile.twitt...8556416/photo/1

Benched his age for reps, and blew away the kids today.

Holy cow

Best part is he did it while wearing a dress shirt and tie. Wonder what he could have done if he had gotten serious? :)/>

It is funny how some of the regulars on here, refuse to comment on Heath. I wonder why? :dunno:/>

What are you talking about? :dunno:

The overall analysis for the 8 or so AU guys is pretty poor. The NFL scouts take on our LBs Cass and Frost is embarrassing. Coleman is the only guy with real potential it seems.

What did they say about our linebackers?

Cass

WEAKNESSES

Poor instincts and feel for play design. Gets sealed by blocks he doesn't see coming and loses gap leverage due to his instincts over a lack of play strength. Bulky frame with some stiffness. Has missed 25 tackles over last three years. Marginal quickness in his lateral scrape and rarely stays ahead of the blockers in a race for positioning. No matchup cover talent. One of the starters benched for poor play and a lack of communication after the LSU game.

SOURCES TELL US

"I like his toughness but unless you are going to use him as a pass rusher I don't see any third-down value and his entire game revolves around the box. Just too limited." -- AFC East scout

FROST

WEAKNESSES

Was benched along with two other starters for poor performance and lack of communication in the 45­-21 loss to LSU. Gets lost on the field. Lacks awareness and instincts to keep him in front of the play. No feel for where blocks are coming from and gets sealed far too often by second level blockers. Needs to drop pad level. Missing the play speed and instincts to play downhill effectively. Content demeanor and lack of fire are a concern to scouts.

SOURCES TELL US

"I think his head is swimming from all of the voices he's had as coordinator. At some point he may start to play rather than think and he's got really good size. What is going to kill him is his effort level. His LSU tape was embarrassing." -- AFC Director of college scouting

Yup!

Please don't make pretend to know anything about this subject...You didn't even know how a football practice is set up. That's fine but don't come into threads like this making fun of people.....You don't have anything to stand on.

fortunately for Kris, He is an EXTREMELY intelligent young man. aviation was his dream iirc. I wonder if he ever obtained the pilot license he was working towards.

JJ with the 2nd fastest former AU time since '99. Kid has some wheels. Lot of talk about his height being a drawback but I think someone will take a shot on him. Can't teach that kind of speed plus he's had a lot of experience at this point. He's just a really good baller all around.

JJ with the 2nd fastest former AU time since '99. Kid has some wheels. Lot of talk about his height being a drawback but I think someone will take a shot on him. Can't teach that kind of speed plus he's had a lot of experience at this point. He's just a really good baller all around.

Awesome!

I really enjoyed watching Darrell Green play in the pros.

Hey!! At least I was right about two of the four guys I expected to do well! I'm as reliable as a coin!

Cass didn't participate in most drills. Anyone know why?

I was right on Jones. He can fly. I was right on Ricardo. He killed every drill he participated in. I was dead wrong on Kris. Rough day for him.

I was right on Jones. He can fly. I was right on Ricardo. He killed every drill he participated in. I was dead wrong on Kris.

Likewise, although I didn't expect Jones to be that fast. Good for him.

I was right on Jones. He can fly. I was right on Ricardo. He killed every drill he participated in. I was dead wrong on Kris.

Likewise, although I didn't expect Jones to be that fast. Good for him.

He may end up with the fastest time among the DBs...they are in the second group of DBs now and no on in that group has run below a 4.4 in their first runs...

I understand he wasn't invited to the combine, but do we think that Melvin Ray has a shot with the pros? I always had a great deal of respect for the kid, and believe he is everything Duke is with better character........

....nah

Would he have gotten a better draft grade if he left after his soph year? He couldn't even beat out Jake Holland who is not playing on the next level

I'm going to go no on that. I saw nothing in Kris' sophomore season that made me think he was remotely ready for the NFL. The best he ever looked was the first half of his junior year.

I'm going to go no on that. I saw nothing in Kris' sophomore season that made me think he was remotely ready for the NFL. The best he ever looked was the first half of his junior year.

i am still waiting to see his nfl potential. I think he will be a pilot! Not bad.

i am still waiting to see his nfl potential. I think he will be a pilot! Not bad.

Pretty funny because it was like night and day between him and Jake Holland.

Yeah, Kris is a guy that will go on to be very successful in life, and he is very, very likely to be a great ambassador for Auburn University and Auburn athletics. Not every football player was meant to move onto the NFL and the additional beatings it offers. Kris seems like a great and smart kid; I'm just not sure he has a career in playing football.

Pretty funny because it was like night and day between him and Jake Holland.

actually i didn't see a huge difference. jake covered better, maybe. close.

Jones has the kind of speed that teams just can't ignore. But he doesn't really have first round cred. I think he'll go later in the draft to a team that is thinking JJ could be special on special teams and then he gets a shot at the roster. Great for JJ.

Archived