2017 5* WR Tyjon Lindsey

ellitor

Just got an AU offer & is very happy about it ...

Tyjon A. Lindsey ++® ‏@tyjonlindsey

THIS FOR SURE WILL BE IN MY TOP! JUST RECEIVED AN OFFER FROM The University of Auburn! #AmbUsh17 #WarEaglE
AUBURN UNIVERSITY* my apologies #WarEagle still

tyjon-lindsey.jpg?w=718&h=488

Tyjon Lindsey, WR
Corona, CA
Ht: 5'9 | Wt: 165 | 40: 4.64

What’s up world, my name is Tyjon Lindsey but most people call me “T-Wayne” and this is my recruit diary. I attend Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, the reigning defending national champions. At Gorman we have a 100% graduation rate and 96% of the students go on to play division one sports. I am set to graduate in 2017 and I’m currently ranked as the No. 3 receiver in the nation and the 18th-ranked player in the nation. While I am mostly thought of as a receiver, I also play cornerback.

I am 5-9 and 176 pounds. I just want to let you all know that size doesn’t matter. As long as you’re lionhearted and you have confidence in yourself, nothing else matters in this game. Height doesn’t measure heart and nobody can tell you that you don’t have what it takes because you don’t have the prototypical size. I play with my heart on my sleeve, I give everything I have and leave it all on the field.

I love to play receiver because it’s a position like no other. You have to have special qualities to be a great receiver. I feel I have excellent hands and I am versatile when the ball is in my hands. I’m a little speedster that can use my speed to break away from the defensive back. I am quick, unpredictable, and I’m a team player.

I currently have 10 scholarship offers and I am extremely blessed and thankful for every single one of them. I have been given an opportunity by those 10 schools to live out my dream and I appreciate all of them. At the moment I am uncommitted and do not have a leader or a set date to commit. I want to enjoy the process and see where it takes me because I only get to do this once.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/recruitdiaries-com-bishop-gorman-wide-receiver-tyjon-lindsey

• Recruiter: Lashlee (P), Burns (S)

Offers: Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, Nevada, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah, Utah State, Washington and Washington State, among others.

247Sports: 4* (No. 5 WR, No. 28 overall)
ESPN: 4* (No. 11 WR, No. 77 overall)
Rivals: 4* (No. 6 WR, No. 33 overall)
Scout: 4* (No. 5 WR, No. 37 overall)

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seem to have pretty good luck with these "University of Auburn" kids. He can call us whatever he wants to as long as he chooses us. He can get straight with the name later.

Hope some jack wagon auburn fan didn't harass him via social media about it ...

You know someone probably did to prompt the correction.

Damn university of auburn.

This isn't correct?

Crap... I'm in the wrong forum site again.

:laugh:

Dumb question but all the sites show him as 4* how come this topic shows him as 5*

If that's correct, that's not a dumb question.

Dumb question but all the sites show him as 4* how come this topic shows him as 5*

I am going by what I see in the first thread on this Topic

247Sports: 4* (No. 4 WR, No. 24 overall)

ESPN: 4* (No. 9 WR, No. 64 overall)

Rivals: 4* (No. 5 WR, No. 27 overall)

Scout: 4* (No. 4 WR, No. 27 overall)

This kid is electric in the open field. He is from Beaverton, OR. I doubt our chances are great. He is in Oregon's backyard. They like speed players alot.

Because thread titles are based on the composite ranking. RIR put all that in the OP. He does not list the composite ranking because that info is provided in the 247sports link. In the link look for the 247 Composite info. That's where your thread title stars come from.

Also composite 5*s are strictly a rank average of all 4 sites. 42.5 or better is a composite 5*. For TL 24+64+27+27=142. 142/4=35.5= composite 5*.

Because thread titles are based on the composite ranking. RIR put all that in the OP. He does not list the composite ranking because that info is provided in the 247sports link. In the link look for the 247 Composite info. That's where your thread title stars come from.

Also composite 5*s are strictly a rank average of all 4 sites. 42.5 or better is a composite 5*. For TL 24+64+27+27=142. 142/4=35.5= composite 5*.

Good question ... good answer.

As for the OP edit, just providing some info for the site. :big:

Good question ... good answer.

As for the OP edit, just providing some valuable info for the site. :big:

FIFY...I don't even know how you got that stat table in the OP.

"Composite 5*s are strictly a rank average of all 4 sites. 42.5 or better is a composite 5*"

"For TL 24+64+27+27=142. 142/4=35.5= composite 5*."

How is 35.5 higher than 42.5? What am I missing here? Looks to me like he's a composite 4*

I knew it was a composite but I didn't realize that with all being 4 *s that the composite could come out as a 5*. So basically because they were all high 4 *'s you can get a 42.5 and be a 5* composite. Thank you for the explanation. I have learned something new today.

I knew it was a composite but I didn't realize that with all being 4 *s that the composite could come out as a 5*. So basically because they were all high 4 *'s you can get a 42.5 and be a 5* composite. Thank you for the explanation. I have learned something new today.

Above ellitor states that his average is 35.5. How is that a 5*?

Above ellitor states that his average is 35.5. How is that a 5*?

Come on Mikey, use "new" math and it comes out 42.5.

35.5 th best recruit (on average) is closer to the number 1 best recruit on average than 42.5 th best recruit

Is that how it works? Ok then, thanks.

35.5 th best recruit (on average) is closer to the number 1 best recruit on average than 42.5 th best recruit

Is that how it works? Ok then, thanks.

Yes. I should have said the lower the rank number average means the higher rated player. Our Derrick Brown was 6+9+9+17=41. 41/4=10.25 rank average. 10.25 rank average is better than 42.5. Why they have a formula that makes 42.5 the cutoff, I don't know. I just know it is & have checked it against star ratings many times.

Here's one for ya. A player can be ranked 1, 1, 1, 168 & would not be a 5* despite being the #1 player in the nation on 3 sites. 1+1+1+168=171. 171/4=42.75. No sites actual star rankings has no actual bearing on a player's composite star ranking.

Archived