2018 4* DE Robert Hicks (AU decommit 9/3/16)

ellitor

Previously Committed to AU  3/1/16

"I chose Auburn because it's always been a dream school for me," Hicks told Scout. "I also love everything about the program and coaches. I always wanted to be a War Eagle.

"I will help the team with key tackles and my leadership ability. I'm a coach on and off the field, and I'm also the brains of the defense."

http://www.scout.com...dade-for-auburn

Its Been A Long Wait1f3c8.png1f4aa-1f3fe.png1f4af.png #GoTigers

Cceomew_UMAA4_OSu.jpg

https://twitter.com/...717257549680640

Cng_Uk_V1_Wc_AAvi_Qs.jpg
Robert Hicks, DE/OLB
Miami, FL (Booker T. Washington)
Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 220 | 40: 4.83

• Recruiter: Garner 
  • Stats per Hudl video: 108 Tackles, 29 tackles for loss, & 16 sacks (very productive)

Offers: Auburn, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Kentucky, Miami (Fl), Mississippi State, Oregon State and Toledo, among others.

247Sports: 3*
Rivals: 4*
Scout: 3*

Scouting Report:

Hicks, who piled up 108 tackles, 16 sacks and 29 tackles for loss as a sophomore, has really tightened up his frame and packed on solid mass since the last time I laid eyes on him. Hicks does a nice job of dropping his shoulder and getting underneath his opponent when busting off the edge, and is a fairly good athlete that plays with discipline as well.

You also have to take notice of Hicks' use of hands and ability to disengage off blocks to find the football. This Miami native has a strong upper body and really holds his own when going toe-to-toe in the trenches as well. This is a productive football player that can play with his hand in the dirt or standing up.

http://www.scout.com...dade-for-auburn

Hudl Highlights

1587724.jpg

6'2" 220lbs... possible OLB?

Buck or Steele's equivalent there of. Remember he's only a soph. He should grow.

Buck or Steele's equivalent there of. Remember he's only a soph. He should grow.

Learned today that this will be the Bandit position.

So will we have a Smokey position?

So will we have a Smokey position?

:rimshot:

My sources tell me it was a choice between Smokey or the Bandit, so no.

A few notes here. AU is recruiting RH at the Bandit position. He says AU is his dream school. I would like to hear how that came to be, if it was a Cam Newton thing or what. He has visited AU 1 time, last Summer. Coach CrimeDog already making a recruiting impact. He is RH's lead recruiter & will be the AU lead man on most prospects in South Florida.

6' 2" 220 pounds as a Sophomore and a 4.83 40. With a solid training program has the potential over 2 years to add 20 pounds of muscle and knock .1 or more off his 40. This kid has the potential to be a real stud. War Eagle and welcome to the family. Lets keep on him for next 2 years.

According to Steele's interview response (see Day 3 practice thread), this isn't going to stick. Steele calling it the Buck, too.

:dunno:

You should add Joey Gatewood to the list. Joey committed to Auburn back on Dec. 6, 2015. He's 6-3, 206 from Jacksonville, Fla.

You should add Joey Gatewood to the list. Joey committed to Auburn back on Dec. 6, 2015. He's 6-3, 206 from Jacksonville, Fla.

This thread is a Robert Hicks only thread. We have a thread for only Joey too. We don't have a board yet for 2018 commits & targets yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

From KN:

Here is some more information on this:

All signs have been pointing toward this for awhile. This was one of those early commitments that came out of the blue and at the time Auburn had not done a thorough evaluation yet. When Hicks camped with the Tigers this summer, the staff was not blown away. While they like him as a player they didn't know how his skills would fit into their program.

For both parties, this break up probably is a good thing.

Archived