2017 4* CB Malcolm Askew (AU 6/4/16)

ellitor

Who does these graphics? It looks like stuff that comes from the AD (which look great), but if so, how is that not a violation? Or is the rule just that coaches cannot talk about recruits by name?

Who does these graphics? It looks like stuff that comes from the AD (which look great), but if so, how is that not a violation? Or is the rule just that coaches cannot talk about recruits by name?

Athletic departments can tweet these graphics for recruits. Every school does it. Like you said it's not coaches talking to them. It's also not simulating a game experience or giving undue benefits which are the other major recruiting rules.

Athletic departments can tweet these graphics for recruits. Every school does it. Like you said it's not coaches talking to them. It's also not simulating a game experience or giving undue benefits which are the other major recruiting rules.

Wow, they can actually tweet them out? That seem sketchy. I could see where they would be allowed to email them the graphic maybe. Graphic design isn't cheap though, so it's certainly a benefit. Just not an impermissible one. I could see the NCAA putting the brakes on ADs tweeting them out.

Wow, they can actually tweet them out? That seem sketchy. I could see where they would be allowed to email them the graphic maybe. Graphic design isn't cheap though, so it's certainly a benefit. Just not an impermissible one. I could see the NCAA putting the brakes on ADs tweeting them out.

Benefit means financial or gifts in my post.

Yeah, I guess I mean that if the player went out and asked for something professional like this, it would cost some money just making it a gift. Not sure what kind stuff they give out on official visits so it's probably moot in relation to that.

I guess my thing is connecting that player officially with the school with the way these are done seems out of place with the rules about coaches not talking about specific recruits. Not really a big deal, just one of those curiosities of recruiting I guess.

Yeah, I guess I mean that if the player went out and asked for something professional like this, it would cost some money just making it a gift. Not sure what kind stuff they give out on official visits so it's probably moot in relation to that.

I guess my thing is connecting that player officially with the school with the way these are done seems out of place with the rules about coaches not talking about specific recruits. Not really a big deal, just one of those curiosities of recruiting I guess.

I would not call it professional. They are easily done now a days.

Still seems like a university publicly acknowledging a recruit. That's all.

Still seems like a university publicly acknowledging a recruit. That's all.

It is but honestly the only thing they can't do in that regard is say a prospect's name.

A benefit is money, a car, a job, clothes... This doesn't seem anything like that.

You forgot a $2500 a month "house sitting" job for the player's mom. These things are benefits everywhere except Tuskaloser, where they are deemed quite acceptable.

• 3 months later...