2017 RB Recruiting

ellitor

We have 1 committed in Alaric Williams. AU wants to sign 2 in 2017. These are 4 possibilities.

Link

After signing just one running back in the 2016 recruiting cycle and losing a productive one in Peyton Barber to the pros, Auburn has a clear need at the position in 2017.

With Barber gone, the Tigers’ expected depth chart consists of former junior college transferJovon Robinson, junior Roc Thomas, sophomore Kerryon Johnson and new signee Malik Miller, a former three-star prospect. How Auburn will replace a 1,000-yard rusher in Barber in 2017, however, remains to be seen.

In the meantime, SEC Country examined the top running back targets who could bolster the position group next signing day.

3594896_rdkle1.jpg (Photo courtesy of 247Sports)

Cordarrian Richardson, four-star running back, Memphis, Tenn.

Auburn is certainly in play for Richardson, the No. 5 running back in 2017. Assistant coach Tim Horton has led the charge for the four-star running back, whose reported 23 offers. Richardson is arguably one of the program’s top targets in this cycle, and he happens to play a position of need. The Tigers signed just one running back in 2016 in Miller. It appears Auburn is among Richardson’s early favorites.

Adarius Lemons, four-star running back, Clearwater, Fla. 4320923_j1mnd6.jpg(Photo courtesy of David Lake/247Sports)

Lemons reportedly holds Auburn at No. 2 behind North Carolina. The four-star running back is rated No. 12 at his position in 2017. Lemons was just offered by the Tigers on Feb. 9, but it would appear his interest in the program is steadily growing. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound rising senior figures to be a top target moving forward.

cam-akers-dawgnight-rob-saye-718151-fotor_jbzkqa.jpgMississippi RB Cam Akers is rated the No. 5 RB in the nation for 2017. (Rob Saye/ Special to Dawg Nation)

Cam Akers, four-star running back, Clinton, Miss.

The Alabama commit may be the most difficult prospect to sign among this group of running backs. Akers, rated as the No. 3 running back in the country, has been committed to the Crimson Tide since August. While he plans to visit Auburn unofficially, Akersadmitted the stiffest competition Alabama faces is between in-state schools Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Nick Saban and his staff have already signed three running backs in 2017, Akers included. A crowded backfield could sway Akers to keep his options open in the coming months.

Trey Sermon, four-star running back, Marietta, Ga. Trey-Sermon-by-Joshua-L-Jones-Dec-27-2015-DCS-0085-1_dzbkhz.jpg(Photo by Joshua L. Jones)

Auburn is among the early favorites for Sermon, who unofficially visited the Plains less than two weeks ago. It was the four-star running back’s first visit since the spring of last year. Sermon, rated as the No. 10 running back in the country, is considering a bevy of other schools but admitted his connection to Auburn has remained strong due in part to his relationship with Tim Horton. Sermon suffered a season-ending back injury last fall and said Auburn’s running backs coach supported him throughout his recovery. Auburn will be a major player in Sermon’s recruitment.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised to see you use Seccountry...

Also, if that's the Auburn RB big board, Allaric should've been mentioned.

I'm surprised to see you use Seccountry...

Also, if that's the Auburn RB big board, Allaric should've been mentioned.

He's already committed. This was for the targets for the 2nd RB spot in the class. No need to mention Alaric again.

You shouldn't be surprised, I have posted a number of al.com articles lately which I loathe just as much as SECC.com. Just depends on if there is any UGA or Bammer spins in the articles. I will not bash you or anyone for posting al.com or SECC articles again, just the content in the articles if warranted.

As 1TT said, Akers has decommitted from UAt (link). If I am not mistaking we just gave him an offer in Feb and he is supposed to come visit either this weekend or next. Maybe the decommit is a good thing.

As 1TT said, Akers has decommitted from UAt (link). If I am not mistaking we just gave him an offer in Feb and he is supposed to come visit either this weekend or next. Maybe the decommit is a good thing.

This Mississippi schools & UGA appear to be in the best spots w/ CA. A visit here could change things though.

This Mississippi schools & UGA appear to be in the best spots w/ CA. A visit here could change things though.

Yeah, the article I read this morning talked about Fromm was going to commit to UGA and that was a very likely spot for CA as well. But one can hope.

My Ole Miss folks here in Jackson feel pretty salty about them landing Akers. They definitely have an even greater need at the position than we do.

My Ole Miss folks here in Jackson feel pretty salty about them landing Akers. They definitely have an even greater need at the position than we do.

Not sure what you mean by salty here but Rebs like their chances better w/ Ty Chandler & not sure they could get both TC & CA since they don't run the ball much.

Salty = confident. They think, if they put the press on him, he's likely a Rebel. Right or wrong, that's definitely the feel in Jackson (Clinton is next door).

Salty = confident. They think, if they put the press on him, he's likely a Rebel. Right or wrong, that's definitely the feel in Jackson (Clinton is next door).

salty doesn't mean confident. Lol

More like bitter

Confident???? Where do you get this stuff?

Confident???? Where do you get this stuff?

LOL. Definitely not what it means.

Cam likes UT, OM coaches are selling the Christian angle and momma Akers is biting. The cultural/legal issues at UT are helping the OM argument.

Y'all have seriously never heard someone say that? I hear it fairly regularly in my office. Honest question, is this Mississippi slang or something?

Even so, Ole Miss people are quite confident that, if they want him, he'll sign there. That better?

Y'all have seriously never heard someone say that? I hear it fairly regularly in my office. Honest question, is this Mississippi slang or something?

Even so, Ole Miss people are quite confident that, if they want him, he'll sign there. That better?

The actual definition

Salty is usually used to describe someone who is angry or upset as a result of being embarrassed or losing at something, but is sometimes used to describe someone who is simply angry or upset.

eb2233664d21573559f86677efb54e30.jpg

:-\

Yeah, I know upset as A definition. I would've told you this as an alternative. Truly fascinating.

Yeah, I know upset as A definition. I would've told you this as an alternative. Truly fascinating.

What?? There is NO alternative meaning of salty that has to do with one's confidence.

Please don't try to argue that. There is no arguing that.....You were wrong for once and you can't talk your way out of it. It's ok, it happens when you post alot...

Cam likes UT, OM coaches are selling the Christian angle and momma Akers is biting. The cultural/legal issues at UT are helping the OM argument.

I wish coaches would leave Christianity out of recruiting. It's bad enough that we have fraud politicians using it for their own selfish reasons, not for the glory of God.

Salty_976f28_5693894.jpg

J/k....

Haha :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh now that's funny.

Salty_976f28_5693894.jpg

J/k....

Salty_976f28_5693894.jpg

Ahhhhhh LMAO. Now that's funny!!!

J/k....

Archived