2017 RB Recruiting

ellitor

Yeah, I know upset as A definition. I would've told you this as an alternative. Truly fascinating.

Salty_976f28_5693894.jpg

J/k....

Stolen. I'm just that confident lol

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record (and then I'll let it go), this is the way I intended the word:

https://books.google...nfident&f=false

I really don't think using salty as a form of confident or over-confident is completely unprecedented; however, I'll admit... it seems pretty damn uncommon. Still! That random, late-90s book on policing has vindicated me!

Ive always thought salty meant tough or ready to fight. I imagine it came from describing sailors but that's just a guess.

Anywho....some good targets on the board. Sign any of those guys with Aleric and that's a heck if a RB class

How many of you feel we need to sign more than 1 RB's? I'd like to see us sign 2 top RB's in next years class.

How many of you feel we need to sign more than 1 RB's? I'd like to see us sign 2 top RB's in next years class.

Well now I think it was addressed by the OP "We have 1 committed in Alaric Williams. AU wants to sign 2 in 2017. These are 4 possibilities."

Link

Cordarrian Richardson commits to Clemson (3/6/16)

Clemson is really starting to emerge as a recruiting powerhouse and a thorn in our side. I wouldn't be surprised if they land Tee Higgins out of TN as well. I never pictured Richardson commiting to Clemson. If we can't swing him later on then I hope we land Sermon and call it a day.

Cordarrian Richardson commits to Clemson (3/6/16)

Clemson is really starting to emerge as a recruiting powerhouse and a thorn in our side. I wouldn't be surprised if they land Tee Higgins out of TN as well. I never pictured Richardson commiting to Clemson. If we can't swing him later on then I hope we land Sermon and call it a day.

I agree. Clemson is recruiting at an elite level. I hate them.

Clemson isn't just now emerging as a recruiting problem for us. They have been for several years now. This recent graduating class of theirs had several guys in it that we recruited very heavily and several others left in the previous year.

As for hating Clemson, why? The school is very similar to Auburn. I've met a number of Clemson grads in my professional circles and they are pretty much like us too. We don't like Dabo because he's a bammer but that aside, Clemson is more similar to Auburn than any school I can think of. Besides, when I was a student and on the staff at Auburn we used to beat 'em like a drum. That time will return soon, I'm hoping.

PS: I mean on the staff of the university, research area. I was never on the football staff.

Losing Mackenzie Alexander to them stung. Dabo aside, virtually every Clemson fan I've met since the '70s has been boorish, delusional and recently- like trailer trash that just won the lottery. And they don't know squat about college football outside their own back yard. An AU assistant started Clemson football and they're a southern land grant college off the beaten path too. Period. Our fans are Ga Tech brains applied to Bama caliber football with Virginia manners. ;)

Losing Mackenzie Alexander to them stung. Dabo aside, virtually every Clemson fan I've met since the '70s has been boorish, delusional and recently- like trailer trash that just won the lottery. And they don't know squat about college football outside their own back yard. An AU assistant started Clemson football and they're a southern land grant college off the beaten path too. Period. Our fans are Ga Tech brains applied to Bama caliber football with Virginia manners. ;)

Actually it was Walter Riggs (first Clemson President and AU Alum) who brought football to Clemson from AU.....hence the orange and the Tiger mascot. Prior to that they were Red, White and Blue. Of course John Heisman is also connected with both.

It's about time they made it to the national title game...they've been recruiting lights out in an easy conference for years...since Tommy Bowden. For that reason, I've always put them in the same category as UGA...so much hype but so little to show. 2015 they finally made that step.

Their fans say the same thing about us. (along with GA, bama,FL and others).

It's about time they made it to the national title game...they've been recruiting lights out in an easy conference for years...since Tommy Bowden. For that reason, I've always put them in the same category as UGA...so much hype but so little to show. 2015 they finally made that step.

They have recruited well & gotten better but not at the UGA level yet. In the last 10 years Clemson has never beaten UGA in class rankings. Also UGA's average ranks was 7th while Clemson was 13th. There is no question Clemson is winning key recruits & developing them well but they are only starting to recruit at a top 10 consistent level, 2 year streak right now.

They have recruited well & gotten better but not at the UGA level yet. In the last 10 years Clemson has never beaten UGA in class rankings. Also UGA's average ranks was 7th while Clemson was 13th. There is no question Clemson is winning key recruits & developing them well but they are only starting to recruit at a top 10 consistent level, 2 year streak right now.

Have to give Dabo his due on this.

Losing Mackenzie Alexander to them stung. Dabo aside, virtually every Clemson fan I've met since the '70s has been boorish, delusional and recently- like trailer trash that just won the lottery. And they don't know squat about college football outside their own back yard. An AU assistant started Clemson football and they're a southern land grant college off the beaten path too. Period. Our fans are Ga Tech brains applied to Bama caliber football with Virginia manners. ;)/>

I got into a bar fight with them in 2013 at Myrtle Beach. I do want payback. Just because I'm in South Carolina, that doesn't mean every damn tv in a bar has to be on the Clemson Georgia game!

Clemson isn't just now emerging as a recruiting problem for us. They have been for several years now. This recent graduating class of theirs had several guys in it that we recruited very heavily and several others left in the previous year.

As for hating Clemson, why? The school is very similar to Auburn. I've met a number of Clemson grads in my professional circles and they are pretty much like us too. We don't like Dabo because he's a bammer but that aside, Clemson is more similar to Auburn than any school I can think of. Besides, when I was a student and on the staff at Auburn we used to beat 'em like a drum. That time will return soon, I'm hoping.

PS: I mean on the staff of the university, research area. I was never on the football staff.

I agree to disagree. I owned property at Lake Keowee, only 15 minutes from Clemson. The school does not look at all like AU. Auburn is nicer. Clemson has more hills, and the city is even smaller than Auburn if you can believe that. Clemson is a good school, but the people that cheer for them think it is MIT.

I don't think anyone would hate on Clemson if it weren't for Dabo and his attitude. Other than that, I just think people are tired of them being our go-to non-conference opponent, but have no hard feelings toward the school itself.

I don't think anyone would hate on Clemson if it weren't for Dabo and his attitude. Other than that, I just think people are tired of them being our go-to non-conference opponent, but have no hard feelings toward the school itself.

I would. Their fans are pretty obnoxious, at least the ones who traveled to AU for Clemson football & baseball games.

I would. Their fans are pretty obnoxious, at least the ones who traveled to AU for Clemson football & baseball games.

Really? I was there for the 2010 Clemson game and every single one of them that I interacted with was polite and respectful.

Really? I was there for the 2010 Clemson game and every single one of them that I interacted with was polite and respectful.

The ones I met then as well as the baseball regionals in 2010 & another series we had w/ them a year earlier were the exact opposite.

A little known secret is that every single College Football team has fans that are completely obnoxious AND every single CF team has classy fans. To categorize any teams fans as a whole in one extreme category is just ignorant. (except bama, of course)

Archived