2017 RB Recruiting

ellitor

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last one? Mason.

But he wasnt a very celebrated RB coming in...although a 4*. I think Dyer was probably the "biggest" RB recruit landed recently. Thoughts?

The last one? Mason.

But he wasnt a very celebrated RB coming in...although a 4*. I think Dyer was probably the "biggest" RB recruit landed recently. Thoughts?

Yeah, but I really don't care about stars or whatever. But yeah dyer was awesome. Especially in 2011. He really carried that team and nobody respected our pass game then

Who would you say was the last "explosive big play hb" that played for us was?

Big play every time they touched the ball? Corey Grant in 2013 and OMac in 2009-2011, 2012 was a wasted year for him. I was hoping Roc Thomas would follow suit this year, oh well.

I suspect the last explosive big play RB to play for us is Jovon Robinson.

Matthews runs a little high for my taste. He's a tall guy with a long stride. He looked really good catching the ball in space and making people miss. Looks like another very good running back in the stable of options. I could see a lot of diversity in the way we use our RBs if he's sharing the backfield with Kerryon.

I suspect the last explosive big play RB to play for us is Jovon Robinson.

Matthews runs a little high for my taste. He's a tall guy with a long stride. He looked really good catching the ball in space and making people miss. Looks like another very good running back in the stable of options. I could see a lot of diversity in the way we use our RBs if he's sharing the backfield with Kerryon.

I hope and expect AU to have many explosive big play RBs after Jovon. I am certain you do too.

If "explosive" is your desire, then this Matthews guy, who averaged 9 yards per carry, should be making you celebrate!

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2016 at 9:25 AM, au_bsci_04 said:

Cordarrian Richardson commits to Clemson (3/6/16)

Cord Richardson has decommitted from Clemson recently. Does anyone have any new information on him? I'm interested to hear if we are still recruiting him since A. Williams has supposed grade problems

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

Cord Richardson has decommitted from Clemson recently. Does anyone have any new information on him? I'm interested to hear if we are still recruiting him since A. Williams has supposed grade problems

As things stand now AU is done at RB barring Barrett or Matthews flipping. If Alaric does not qualify the staff does not plan to replace him in this class with another RB.

On 6/5/2016 at 4:30 PM, bigbird said:

Well, we found out Dyer was up for the games,  just not the way we imagined.

Kerryon was also a big running back addition for us as well. No way Dyer was the biggest RB that we landed recently.

Archived