AU Women NCAA Tourney chances

ellitor

Per ESPN Bracketologist Charlie Creme on tv right after AU lost to SCe in the SEC tourney, AU would be the last team in on his bracket right now. If he is right AU would need every at large team from 1 bid leagues to win their conference tournaments so bids are not stolen. Creme has gotten 32 of 33 at large teams right the past 3 years so whatever he says in his final bracketology has a 97% chance of being right historically as far as at large teams go.

Sounds like we still have chance....

I wish we could have won today to assure us of a spot but it is exciting to be in the conversation.

See I don't understand that. We were the last team in BEFORE playing Missouri. We should have gone UP a little after that since Missouri has a better record, and will be in the tournament easily.

See I don't understand that. We were the last team in BEFORE playing Missouri. We should have gone UP a little after that since Missouri has a better record, and will be in the tournament easily.

We have no way of knowing how close we were to the last team above us resume wise.

Charlie still has AU in the bracket - one of the last four in.......still tournaments left to play with automatic bids. It's possible that we will get knocked out....or maybe not.

I've lost track, got confused or whatever. (It happened before, I think Nixon was president) Anyway, when is the selection show? TIA

I've lost track, got confused or whatever. (It happened before, I think Nixon was president) Anyway, when is the selection show? TIA

Monday @ 6 PM CT on ESPN.

The women are the 9 seed in the Dallas region and play 8 seed St. John's.

Nice......the team rebounded from a bad start...did not let the early losses get them down...had that nice 5 game winning streak and played a tough schedule.

Good news! Good rebound this year after last season's flop.

Hopefully the women will get a spot in the SEC tournament.

Doubt it now................ :homer: since well you know......

:roflol:

I never watch Women's BB, but I hope they go far and give AU a lot of respect in the tourney.

O don't follow the girls recruiting but my cousin's girlfriend who went to sparkman with him before he went to prep school in Florida is a freshman all American and already one of the top players in the SEC as a freshman for Kentucky.....did we not recruit her??

O don't follow the girls recruiting but my cousin's girlfriend who went to sparkman with him before he went to prep school in Florida is a freshman all American and already one of the top players in the SEC as a freshman for Kentucky.....did we not recruit her??

I don't know. The top player in the state this year, a center from Montgomery, has signed with FSU. If we recruited her it didn't make any news and we needed a big player or two in the worst way.

We did recruit her (the center from Montgomery) and she was at at least one game at the beginning of the season so I guess FSU was more to her liking.

The Tigers that beat Kentucky, Florida and Mizzou, IMO, can beat St. John's on Friday - hope they are on the court

No clue. To say we have not done well in state would be a vast overstatement. We only have 1 in state player on roster now in Tra'cee Tanner & she signed under Coach Fortner. I don't know if Coach Flo has ever signed an instate girl.

She's a sophomore now, but she was a freshman all American. If we didn't recruit her we're stupid but when I talked to my cousin and he was talking about how well she was doing I was just wondering. She almost averages a double double this year.

High School

Rated as the ninth-best forward in the 2014 class by ESPN.com … Named Gatorade Alabama Player of the Year and 6A Player of the Year after averaging 22.5 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3.9 blocks, 3.2 steals per game and shooting 81 percent from the free throw line during the Senators’ run to the state championship game … Also named Class 6A and Tennessee Valley Player of the Year … Three-time First-Team All-State selection … Named to the 2014 Women’s Basketball Coaches Association High School All-America Team … During her junior year she was named the Huntsville Times Player of the Year and was a finalist for the 6A Player of the Year and Miss Basketball after averaging 22.1 points, 9.6 rebounds, 3.3 blocks and 3.2 steals per game … Earned Class 6A All-State First Team honors along with being named to the ASWA Super 5 and the AL.com after leading Sparkman to a 33-1 record … 42 percent career 3-point shooter and finished second in the state as a sophomore in the 3-point shooting competition ... Helped Sparkman compile a 117-15 overall record during her prep career ... Chose UK over Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Florida State and Middle Tennessee … Teammate of Jaycee Coe on the Tennessee Flight AAU team.

Alexis Jennings. I was reall let down we didn't make more of a play for her. Don't forget Jasmine Jones either, two time Alabama Player of the Year. She signed with UT. I hate to see these local girls continually go elsewhere and star while we've struggled.

Archived