2017 4* OT Austin Troxell Signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

I think he is slightly over rated, think he is good but don't think he is a stud LT maybe a good RT but I'm not as high on AT as everyone else.

FYI. We need a RT too. Hand plans to land 3 OTs in this class.

• 4 weeks later...

New free article from Rivals Link

Austin Troxell will talk it over with his parents and maybe his high school coaches but when it comes to a final decision, the mammoth four-star offensive tackle knows it’s on him.

“Some people in my family might want me to go here and some might want me to go there, but most importantly it’s about me,” Troxell said. “It’s selfish but it’s got to be a selfish decision. You can’t let anyone make that decision for you.

“They say, ‘I want you to go where you want,’ but deep down I know where they want me to go.”

Troxell, from Madison (Ala.) Academy, narrowed his list to Auburn and Alabama a while ago and plans to choose one before the start of his senior season.

“It’s still the same — 50/50 right now,” he said. “It’s getting tough. If you would have asked me two years ago, I wouldn’t have considered Auburn. But the work they put in opened my eyes that I have other options.”

The bulk of that work has been put in by Auburn assistant coach Tim Horton.

“I’ve known him since probably freshman year,” Troxell said. “He’s been on me for three years now and he hasn’t slowed up one bit. He’s a good guy, great coach and just a really, really good recruiter.”

Troxell has visited Auburn a number of times over the past three years including last Saturday’s Big Cat recruiting event. The feeling he gets during each visit is another reason the Tigers have remained in such a close battle with the Tide, his childhood favorite.

“It’s probably just the fit,” Troxell said. “Everyone says family at Auburn but truly it is family here. A lot of people try to say it but Auburn really has that family feel. That’s what keeps me coming back.”

Troxell, who has grown to 6-foot-7 and 325 pounds, visited Alabama Sunday and plans to return to Auburn at least one more time this summer.

A final decision could come at anytime.

“Honestly, I don’t even know,” he said. “It’s day to day, I don’t know. I’ll switch back and forth.”

Austin Troxell will talk it over with his parents and maybe his high school coaches but when it comes to a final decision, the mammoth four-star offensive tackle knows it’s on him.

“Some people in my family might want me to go here and some might want me to go there, but most importantly it’s about me,” Troxell said. “It’s selfish but it’s got to be a selfish decision. You can’t let anyone make that decision for you.

“They say, ‘I want you to go where you want,’ but deep down I know where they want me to go.”

Troxell, from Madison (Ala.) Academy, narrowed his list to Auburn and Alabama a while ago and plans to choose one before the start of his senior season.

“It’s still the same — 50/50 right now,” he said. “It’s getting tough. If you would have asked me two years ago, I wouldn’t have considered Auburn. But the work they put in opened my eyes that I have other options.”

“I’ve known him since probably freshman year,” Troxell said. “He’s been on me for three years now and he hasn’t slowed up one bit. He’s a good guy, great coach and just a really, really good recruiter.”

Troxell has visited Auburn a number of times over the past three years including last Saturday’s Big Cat recruiting event. The feeling he gets during each visit is another reason the Tigers have remained in such a close battle with the Tide, his childhood favorite.

“It’s probably just the fit,” Troxell said. “Everyone says family at Auburn but truly it is family here. A lot of people try to say it but Auburn really has that family feel. That’s what keeps me coming back.”

Troxell, who has grown to 6-foot-7 and 325 pounds, visited Alabama Sunday and plans to return to Auburn at least one more time this summer.

“Honestly, I don’t even know,” he said. “It’s day to day, I don’t know. I’ll switch back and forth.”

325 pounds? Really?

Austin Troxell will talk it over with his parents and maybe his high school coaches but when it comes to a final decision, the mammoth four-star offensive tackle knows it's on him.

"Some people in my family might want me to go here and some might want me to go there, but most importantly it's about me," Troxell said. "It's selfish but it's got to be a selfish decision. You can't let anyone make that decision for you.

"They say, 'I want you to go where you want,' but deep down I know where they want me to go."

"It's still the same — 50/50 right now," he said. "It's getting tough. If you would have asked me two years ago, I wouldn't have considered Auburn. But the work they put in opened my eyes that I have other options."

"I've known him since probably freshman year," Troxell said. "He's been on me for three years now and he hasn't slowed up one bit. He's a good guy, great coach and just a really, really good recruiter."

Troxell has visited Auburn a number of times over the past three years including last Saturday's Big Cat recruiting event. The feeling he gets during each visit is another reason the Tigers have remained in such a close battle with the Tide, his childhood favorite.

"It's probably just the fit," Troxell said. "Everyone says family at Auburn but truly it is family here. A lot of people try to say it but Auburn really has that family feel. That's what keeps me coming back."

"Honestly, I don't even know," he said. "It's day to day, I don't know. I'll switch back and forth."

325 pounds? Really?

Grew a couple inches too.

Austin Troxell will talk it over with his parents and maybe his high school coaches but when it comes to a final decision, the mammoth four-star offensive tackle knows it's on him.

"Some people in my family might want me to go here and some might want me to go there, but most importantly it's about me," Troxell said. "It's selfish but it's got to be a selfish decision. You can't let anyone make that decision for you.

"They say, 'I want you to go where you want,' but deep down I know where they want me to go."

"It's still the same — 50/50 right now," he said. "It's getting tough. If you would have asked me two years ago, I wouldn't have considered Auburn. But the work they put in opened my eyes that I have other options."

"I've known him since probably freshman year," Troxell said. "He's been on me for three years now and he hasn't slowed up one bit. He's a good guy, great coach and just a really, really good recruiter."

Troxell has visited Auburn a number of times over the past three years including last Saturday's Big Cat recruiting event. The feeling he gets during each visit is another reason the Tigers have remained in such a close battle with the Tide, his childhood favorite.

"It's probably just the fit," Troxell said. "Everyone says family at Auburn but truly it is family here. A lot of people try to say it but Auburn really has that family feel. That's what keeps me coming back."

"Honestly, I don't even know," he said. "It's day to day, I don't know. I'll switch back and forth."

325 pounds? Really?

So this means that by the start of his freshman year he will be 7 feet tall and 375 pounds.

325 pounds? Really?

So this means that by the start of his freshman year he will be 7 feet tall and 375 pounds.

Lol. No. He was also out the last half of last season. Unfortunately that could explain the weight gain.

It sounds, to me, that his mind(and family) say UA but his heart is telling him AU

It sounds, to me, that his mind(and family) say UA but his heart is telling him AU

I hope you are right and he makes a selfish decision.

I hope you are right and he makes a selfish decision.

He did say in the interview that this was his decision to make, so maybe we have a decent shot.

I really don't know with this one. Coaches have made him a top priority and AT loves Auburn. He did grow up UAT fan though. UAT also pressuring him to go ahead and commit if he wants a spot there because they are in top group with almost every top OT in the country. He really likes AU alot or he would already be a UAT commit. No matter what AT says his family is pushing him to UAT I do know that. I am with Bird I think his mind and family say UAT but his heart says Auburn.

Edited by austudnt23

I still think he's Updyke bound. 2 out of the last 3 big time Madison Academy recruits to AU is still pretty awesome though.

I really don't know with this one. Coaches have made him a top priority and AT loves Auburn. He did grow up UAT fan though. UAT also pressuring him to go ahead and commit if he wants a spot there because they are in top group with almost every top OT in the country. He really likes AU alot or he would already be a UAT commit. No matter what AT says his family is pushing him to UAT I do know that. I am with Bird I think his mind and family say UAT but his heart says Auburn.

Ben Davis says hi.

Ben Davis says hi.

BD was a legacy. Not sure AT is.

• 2 weeks later...

WDE.... Did something change with his recruitment. You seem to really be on point when it comes to if kids are coming to Auburn, but you seem to suggest he would definetly end up at Bama. Just curious what you are hearing and hopefully this helps with Mond knowing who his future bookend tackles will be at Auburn.