2017 4* OT Austin Troxell Signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

I don't spend my life on any board,

I never said you did. Just notice you post there more than here.

I would think Huntsville would be a more pro-Auburn city with the Space Center.

It's not. The only two high schools in Madison County that are pro-Auburn are Grissom and Madison Academy (only recently).

All the other high schools are mega-bammers.

I can't speak for only recently. But I went to HHS from 05-09. And my graduating class saw more kids go to auburn, and of the top 20, 16 went to auburn, 1 went to bama, and 3 went out of state. My neighborhood was pretty split 50/50. And others are similar. And still others trend auburn and others trend bama. I'd say overall if you look at alumni prevalence. Auburn is much closer to 50/50 than you'd think, which is statistically significant given bama graduates many more people a year than auburn

Choice of college doesn't dictate who high school kids and their families root for in the Fall. There are more kids in most high schools who don't go to a major College than those who do.

Plus, many top students choose a major College for their academics, not for their love of football...my dad included...he fell in love with AU football after he arrived.

I'm saying regardless if they go to College or not, the vast majority of high school kids in Madison County are bammers. And it's not even close.

Grissom is the only school who def have more kids rooting for AU than bammer.

Edited by VipersStrike1

Herb Hand has already earned his salary IMO. Now, just lock down Brahm's!

It doesn't hurt that we have Kerryon & Malik of course, either.

Have to give credit where credit is due here Dix...... Horton.

I agree, just saying that having a guy more known for development as OL Coach seems to have maybe pushed a few to make the call.

Horton is the man. You won' ever hear me say otherwise!

Glad to see you around Dix. How's life treating you on the AUC boards?

GIF-3.gif

I don't spend my life on any board, but, my life in and of itself is great. Heading down to FL on Friday. Golf...Fambly...Seafood. Prosper.

:hellyeah:

It's not. The only two high schools in Madison County that are pro-Auburn are Grissom and Madison Academy (only recently).

I can't speak for only recently. But I went to HHS from 05-09. And my graduating class saw more kids go to auburn, and of the top 20, 16 went to auburn, 1 went to bama, and 3 went out of state. My neighborhood was pretty split 50/50. And others are similar. And still others trend auburn and others trend bama. I'd say overall if you look at alumni prevalence. Auburn is much closer to 50/50 than you'd think, which is statistically significant given bama graduates many more people a year than auburn

Choice of college doesn't dictate who high school kids and their families root for in the Fall. There are more kids in most high schools who don't go to a major College than those who do.

Plus, many top students choose a major College for their academics, not for their love of football...my dad included...he fell in love with AU football after he arrived.

I'm saying regardless if they go to College or not, the vast majority of high school kids in Madison County are bammers. And it's not even close.

A broad brush right there. I'd say it's not that big of a discrepancy but that's really subjective from any viewpoint though I guess

I just respectively disagree with the vast majority statement. Is it more? Yes, but to me vast majority means greater than 65% and I just don't see that being the case, all evidence is anecdotal obviously. If I had to give my guess if you were to poll all high school kids, the final odds would be around 55 to 58 bama, 42 to 45 auburn, if they are only allowed to pick between those two. And just an FYI, almost everyone that I know that went to bama or auburn, did it because it was bama or auburn, very few chose those schools because of a specific program.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well that's just wonderful

My thoughts exactly. I talked with one of the dads of a player and they thought it wasn't anything too serious, but I guess they'll know more soon. He was in obvious pain.

3 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

My thoughts exactly. I talked with one of the dads of a player and they thought it wasn't anything too serious, but I guess they'll know more soon. He was in obvious pain.

I hope it was not the same knee that caused him to miss part of last season.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Is that the same knee as last year?

I'm not sure but will try to find out. As he was being helped off the field, he was bearing some weight on if, but not much.

Edited by ellitor

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Wonder if this causes the staff to grab a few more Tackles

1 more for a total of 3 OTs is still the plan.

• ellitor featured this topic
  • 2 months later...