2017 4* OT Austin Troxell Signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

This was a hard fought recruitment. Big props to Coach Horton and Hand! This is a huge pick up. Ashley and Troxell as Our bookends.

Wow. That was an unanticipated delight. Let's add Brahms at Center and fill it out with one or two stud Guards.

Welcome Austin!!

Edited by mcgufcm

WDE.... Did something change with his recruitment. You seem to really be on point when it comes to if kids are coming to Auburn, but you seem to suggest he would definetly end up at Bama. Just curious what you are hearing and hopefully this helps with Mond knowing who his future bookend tackles will be at Auburn.

I just can't remember too many times that a kid who grew up a bama fan, was a top priority for bama and picked AU. This is a bigger lost to uat than MB not going to AU.

From what I was just told I don't think the AU coaches knew Troxell was coming to commit today. Huge surprise. Damn fine job by the AU coaches.

This is a shock at least for me. A rare victory for the Good guys for someone Saban really wanted. Congrats to Coaches Hand and Malzahn and others who helped recruit Austin. Hope we can hold on to AT and I think we will barring some disaster. This kid doesn't seem to be into playing games.

Edited by autan

Yes add Brahms and flip Johnson from UGA and I'd be completely fired up. Hopefully Johnson is still listening to our coaches because I personally think he's a very special player especially for a guard.

E may can answer but I think we are still looking for one more OT as well. 1 OT, 1G, and 1G/C.

Huge huge pick ups with Troxell and Ashley! Well done coaches!!

Yes add Brahms and flip Johnson from UGA and I'd be completely fired up. Hopefully Johnson is still listening to our coaches because I personally think he's a very special player especially for a guard.

E may can answer but I think we are still looking for one more OT as well. 1 OT, 1G, and 1G/C.

Huge huge pick ups with Troxell and Ashley! Well done coaches!!

That's very close to the latest info which could change as you all know. Staff wants 4-5 OL total: 2 OTs (Got'em), 1 C (Looking like Brahms), 1 G and or swing guy that can play more than 1 spot. Staff also wants 1 of those remaining to be a juco OL.

That's what I call a SONIC BOOM!!!

Al.com quotes him as saying "University of Auburn" but page 1 of this thread indicates he said AU. Anybody got any idea of what was actually said? (Not that it really matters)

Al.com also lists many schools that offered but conveniently left off bammur...

Edited by gctiger

I thought Troxell was Bama all the way. I sure won't complain.

That actually never was the case recruiting wise. We got on him earlier than Bama offering at least 4 months before they did & stayed hard after him. When Bama started pressing they definitely got momentum & took the lead. We hung in there though through hard work & took momentum back the past few weeks & got the W today.

Herb Hand has already earned his salary IMO. Now, just lock down Brahm's!

It doesn't hurt that we have Kerryon & Malik of course, either.

Have to give credit where credit is due here Dix...... Horton.

I agree, just saying that having a guy more known for development as OL Coach seems to have maybe pushed a few to make the call.

Horton is the man. You won' ever hear me say otherwise!

I agree, just saying that having a guy more known for development as OL Coach seems to have maybe pushed a few to make the call.

Horton is the man. You won' ever hear me say otherwise!

Glad to see you around Dix. How's life treating you on the AUC boards?

Excellent pickup obviously. I've been hearing both schools enough that I had no idea which way. Would have probably bet on Updyke on this one ultimately. Pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Edited by NoALtiger

I'm very excited at having Austin and Calvin together on the line for the next few years. I'm also glad to be able to hit Bama in the mouth after the Benton decision.

What a great pickup Him and Calvin and we now have a great beginning on the O-Line would love to see Brahms come on board now.

Edited by AuburnNTexas