2017 4* OT Austin Troxell Signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

Madison Academy Pipeline

Dude, this is unheard of if you think about it - the Tahd used to have that part of the state sown up and now Auburn's got it on lock. Madison Academy is a damn good pipeline to have considering they win or make a run at a state title and produce one of the nation's top prospects each and every year.

Major props to Tim Horton. Bravo, coach!

In a couple years you could see the wildcat line with the right Horton at guard, Kim at C, Carr/Harrell at left guard then have 3 OTs, on the right side Troxell, Ashley, Sammons as a blocker OT/TE with Rice in the Flex TE/slot.

We might could ram it down someone's throat if they all progress. It always feels good to have depth and talent on the lines both sides.

What I want to know is after he committed did he say AU has better OL coaches than Bama? War Eagle and welcome to the family Mr Troxell. He is one massive kid. He and Ashley together and we better have a big QB just to through the ball over them and to see over them.

Madison Academy Pipeline

Dude, this is unheard of if you think about it - the Tahd used to have that part of the state sown up and now Auburn's got it on lock. Madison Academy is a damn good pipeline to have considering they win or make a run at a state title and produce one of the nation's top prospects each and every year.

The only high school in the state I can think of that's even close to being historically considered an "AU pipeline" is Opelika. I would think Huntsville would be a more pro-Auburn city with the Space Center.

Edited by AUwent

That's where the battle begins and usually ends. In the trenches.

We've done well the past two years.

War eagle

What I want to know is after he committed did he say AU has better OL coaches than Bama? War Eagle and welcome to the family Mr Troxell. He is one massive kid. He and Ashley together and we better have a big QB just to through the ball over them and to see over them.

No. We have more class than having our commits do something like that. Edited by ellitor

Troxell, 6-foot-7 and 325 pounds, are you kidding me?

Boom!

335 now per Keith on facebook. was 6'3 230 when we started recruiting him 2 years ago.

No. We have more class than having our commits do something like that.

E, I should have been more obvious with the sarcasm I guess.

Madison Academy Pipeline

The only high school in the state I can think of that's even close to being historically considered an "AU pipeline" is Opelika. I would think Huntsville would be a more pro-Auburn city with the Space Center.

Well of course Opelika is a pipeline; that just makes geographical sense. Three years in a row though we have gotten commitments from three highly regarded recruits from MA so that's nothing to sneeze at. Edited by aujeff11

My bad.

My bad.

Np. Glad your back posting. This has been an up and down recruiting season and there is still a long, long way to go.

Madison Academy Pipeline

Well of course Opelika is a pipeline; that just makes geographical sense. Three years in a row though we have gotten commitments from three highly regarded recruits from MA so that's nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah, but you'd think the same about AHS.

Madison Academy Pipeline

Well of course Opelika is a pipeline; that just makes geographical sense. Three years in a row though we have gotten commitments from three highly regarded recruits from MA so that's nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah well they are not in AU's good graces after Foster & Evans.

Madison Academy Pipeline

Yeah well they are not in AU's good graces after Foster & Evans.

Understatement

Madison Academy Pipeline

Dude, this is unheard of if you think about it - the Tahd used to have that part of the state sown up and now Auburn's got it on lock.

I grew up in that area. Frankly, 4 and 5-star recruits from any school in Madison County over its history are ultra rare.

The train of 4+ star recruits from a school in Madison County only recently started with Reggie Ragland (2012 class).

But yes, historically, bammer has locked down top recruits from North Alabama.

Getting 3 top recruits (in 3 years) from one school in North Alabama is monstrous.

I would think Huntsville would be a more pro-Auburn city with the Space Center.

It's not. The only two high schools in Madison County that are pro-Auburn are Grissom and Madison Academy (only recently).

All the other high schools are mega-bammers.

I would think Huntsville would be a more pro-Auburn city with the Space Center.

It's not. The only two high schools in Madison County that are pro-Auburn are Grissom and Madison Academy (only recently).

All the other high schools are mega-bammers.

I can't speak for only recently. But I went to HHS from 05-09. And my graduating class saw more kids go to auburn, and of the top 20, 16 went to auburn, 1 went to bama, and 3 went out of state. My neighborhood was pretty split 50/50. And others are similar. And still others trend auburn and others trend bama. I'd say overall if you look at alumni prevalence. Auburn is much closer to 50/50 than you'd think, which is statistically significant given bama graduates many more people a year than auburn

Herb Hand has already earned his salary IMO. Now, just lock down Brahm's!

It doesn't hurt that we have Kerryon & Malik of course, either.

Have to give credit where credit is due here Dix...... Horton.

I agree, just saying that having a guy more known for development as OL Coach seems to have maybe pushed a few to make the call.

Horton is the man. You won' ever hear me say otherwise!

Glad to see you around Dix. How's life treating you on the AUC boards?

GIF-3.gif

I don't spend my life on any board, but, my life in and of itself is great. Heading down to FL on Friday. Golf...Fambly...Seafood. Prosper.