2016 Auburn Pro Day

KerryThachWDE

Couldn't be any slower than Julian Edelman.

Edelman ran a 4.52 at his Pro Day...

He also jumped 36.5".

I doubt he's that fast now. He was drafted in 2009.

Duke would make a great possession receiver in NE.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriots and Packers both have receivers slower than Duke. The average for both teams is about 4.6

GB Receivers combine/pro day 40 times:

Jordy Nelson 4.51

Randall Cobb 4.46

Jeff Janis 4.3 & 4.44

Jerrod Abbederis 4.5

Devonte Adams 4.56

Ty Montgomery 4.55

Patriots and Packers both have receivers slower than Duke. The average for both teams is about 4.6

Jordy Nelson 4.51

Randall Cobb 4.46

Jeff Janis 4.3 & 4.44

Jerrod Abbederis 4.5

Devonte Adams 4.56

Ty Montgomery 4.55

i just remembered reading an article after they failed to re sign someone last year saying how GB's WRs averaged a 4.6 after his departure and the patriots were the only team to have a lethal passing attack with one of the bottom 5 fastest WRs. May have been totally over exaggerating

Considering the times and other performances it was good no one outside of Auburn saw them

Gotta disagree there. Melvin Ray had a great day for a guy his size, and Blake Countess put up really good numbers. By comparison, the top performer in the CB/S group at the combine put up 22 reps on the bench. Little Blake Countess tossed up 21 reps (would've been second at Combine), ran a 4.51, and tossed in a 36+ inch vertical for good measure. Those guys did really well.

Gotta disagree there. Melvin Ray had a great day for a guy his size, and Blake Countess put up really good numbers. By comparison, the top performer in the CB/S group at the combine put up 22 reps on the bench. Little Blake Countess tossed up 21 reps (would've been second at Combine), ran a 4.51, and tossed in a 36+ inch vertical for good measure. Those guys did really well.

Two mostly unknown players...otherwise pretty ordinary stuff and remember...the Combine was mostly marginal prospects anyway so comparing performances does not mean much...JMO

Jordy Nelson 4.51

Randall Cobb 4.46

Jeff Janis 4.3 & 4.44

Jerrod Abbederis 4.5

Devonte Adams 4.56

Ty Montgomery 4.55

i just remembered reading an article after they failed to re sign someone last year saying how GB's WRs averaged a 4.6 after his departure and the patriots were the only team to have a lethal passing attack with one of the bottom 5 fastest WRs. May have been totally over exaggerating

The reason I think Duke will catch on with a team is shown in the Duke video above, it's those hands. He is going to be a very good possession receiver. If he runs crisp routes he will get the separation and be valuable to almost any NFL team. They have speedsters to go deep.

Can you imagine him on a team like the Saints? Drew Brees can sling the ball and Duke would be able to snatch those lame ducks he throws at times too. The Saints have needed a go to possession receiver since Graham left. They just lost Ben Watson to free agency and cut Marques Colston after age caught up to him a little bit last year. I think it's a perfect fit.

Can you imagine him on a team like the Saints? Drew Brees can sling the ball and Duke would be able to snatch those lame ducks he throws at times too. The Saints have needed a go to possession receiver since Graham left. They just lost Ben Watson to free agency and cut Marques Colston after age caught up to him a little bit last year. I think it's a perfect fit.

duke may find trouble anywhere but trouble will find him in Nola. Not a good fit.

duke may find trouble anywhere but trouble will find him in Nola. Not a good fit.

Agreed. The last time I went there on business, my coworker didn't make his flight home. And we're talking about the same guy who was discouraged from going home to that area to attend a funeral in that area because his coach thought he might wind up in jail or worse.

anyone have any insight on what duke had to do to get this very nice invite?

Per a tweet by Ryan Black Dampeer had to ok it before Gus would let Duke participate.

Wow. If true, another poor decision by Gus. Dampeer should not be put in the position of making that decision. Not his call. I would assume that after being booted from the team following multiple 2nd chances and assaulting a teammate that did quite a bit of damage and ended his season the privilege of being at Auburn would have ended. I guess that it is Jacob's and Gouge's opinion that it is fine to bring in a former student (kicked out) and no way associated with the University to be in the same area as the student that was assaulted.

Oh well - Kumbaya coach.

Can someone put a mirror under Jacobs and Gouges nose to see if they are breathing?

^ Interesting. I see your POV but he assaulted XD. If XD was comfortable enough with him coming back for a few hours I'd think anyone else' opinion of it, minus maybe Gus', is slightly lower in value.

Duke is lucky because if it was me that Duke assaulted I would've personally sent Duke a text saying "I got you" then told Malzahn there's no way I'd be comfortable with Duke coming back for Pro Day. Lol...petty? Maybe. But he shouldn't have punched a teammate in the mouth who was trying to calm him down. XD was on Duke's side!

If I was XD I would've very much appreciated the fact that Gus asked me about this.

Gus decided it was ok for him to participate, which I think was a good call, because otherwise he'd be actively hurting Duke's chance of furthering his career. He needed to let Duke succeed or fail on his own, without interfering. Participating in the pro day for the last team you played for is a standard process of getting to the NFL. We did what needed to be done by kicking him off the team... further punishment, when allowing his participation doesn't hurt the university, is uncalled for.

Asking Dampeer was also totally the right call. Duke assaulted Dampeer, so he is the one person who could suffer ill effects of Duke returning for pro day. If he was uncomfortable with him being around, that would be the one legitimate reason to deny him a chance.

My already high opinion of Dampeer just went up even higher. I could totally understand him saying no but his high character allowed him to let Duke try and improve his chances by doing Pro Day at Auburn. Dampeer is all class as far as I am concerned.

My little homie lamonte Thompson who is out of the university of North Alabama put up some numbers at his pro day that would have gotten barber drafted by the third round.....It's funny how that works out sometimes.

Agreed. The last time I went there on business, my coworker didn't make his flight home. And we're talking about the same guy who was discouraged from going home to that area to attend a funeral in that area because his coach thought he might wind up in jail or worse.

You both are right. I had forgotten he came from that area that was a bad influence. I was speaking from a schematic standpoint.

Gus decided it was ok for him to participate, which I think was a good call, because otherwise he'd be actively hurting Duke's chance of furthering his career. He needed to let Duke succeed or fail on his own, without interfering. Participating in the pro day for the last team you played for is a standard process of getting to the NFL. We did what needed to be done by kicking him off the team... further punishment, when allowing his participation doesn't hurt the university, is uncalled for.

Asking Dampeer was also totally the right call. Duke assaulted Dampeer, so he is the one person who could suffer ill effects of Duke returning for pro day. If he was uncomfortable with him being around, that would be the one legitimate reason to deny him a chance.

The only person who has actively hurt Duke's chance of furthering his career is Duke. Over and over and over. Yet after continually breaking rules he gets the reward regardless. I was not raised that way nor were my children, Dampeer is a student and should not be put in the position of making these decisions. If we had a real football coach or AD he would not have to. Good luck to Duke on his life path, but as a football player, student and representative of Auburn University he was a complete waste of time. As he spent his football career doing things other than becoming a better football player I doubt he will set the NFL on fire.

Archived