Note on 1st down battle

StatTiger

Here is a comparison of games Auburn averaged more yards per first down play than the opponent:

1993-1998: 59.7% won the 1st down battle, with a record of 33-6-1 (.838) when doing so.

1999-2008: 57.7% (60-11-0 record) .845

2009-2012: 38.5% (16-4-0 record) .800

2013-2015: 57.5% (19-4-0 record) .826

During Auburn's last 22 games, they have split the first down battle with a record of 8-3 (.727), when winning the battle.

Interesting to see how much the Malzahn years have been statistically closer to the Tuberville and Bowden years.

Not sure if this is the right thread or if you're the right person, but with the endless amount of doom and gloom being drummed up right now, do you have anything amounting to something positive about this year's outlook? Please? And if we are headed for a disaster this season, what (if anything) can we as fans do about it?

Still the most interesting stat from last season IMO is how well we did getting 3d & short and how poorly we did converting 3d & short.

Interesting to see how much the Malzahn years have been statistically closer to the Tuberville and Bowden years.

Not sure if this is the right thread or if you're the right person, but with the endless amount of doom and gloom being drummed up right now, do you have anything amounting to something positive about this year's outlook? Please? And if we are headed for a disaster this season, what (if anything) can we as fans do about it?

I expect the defensive to continue to improve because of the talent and depth at the DL and secondary.

I expect the running game to improve in 2016.

It really is too early to make many predictions on offense because the QB situation is not close to be settled.

Thus far through one week of spring practice, it appears there is good chemistry with this team, which is always a good sign.

I do not see this season being a disaster.

I expect the defensive to continue to improve because of the talent and depth at the DL and secondary.

I expect the running game to improve in 2016.

It really is too early to make many predictions on offense because the QB situation is not close to be settled.

Thus far through one week of spring practice, it appears there is good chemistry with this team, which is always a good sign.

I do not see this season being a disaster.

i don't either. Some folks are happy being miserable.

Archived