Powe to LSU

API50

Well, that's too bad. I guess it's not as big a loss as it could have been, since he's most likely headed to JUCO, but it wouldn't have hurt either. Oh well, his loss.

it was a lock. In fact, he told Auburnsports.com last night he was committed to Auburn and would publically commit today.

Guess he was lieing.

Just declared on national TV that he is going to LSU. Now, I am starting to get concerned about our recruiting.

138943[/snapback]

From all indications, he's a great talent, but why would you be so concerned about losing a guy that wouldn't play here for two years anyway? He's heading the JUCO route. His signing would have been nice for name recognition only for the time being.

Please don't start this guys. Every year it's like a broken record that someone digs out of the closet and every year things end up just fine. Repeat after me: It's too early to worry. It's too early to panic.

Coach Chiz's decision to Look around has taken up most of his time these last 2 weeks........and he's been in Texas these last couple of days.......had lunch with the Univ. today.............I don't Freakin' believe it.........We go 13-0 and Cannot get more than One (Tray isn't a Lock either) Bluechiper...........Also, if Alonzo and Patrick decides to leave......Coach Tubs dropped the ball on this year's class...........I don't &*#$%^ Understand Why we can't pull the BIG Names in..........Look at the Teams that have three or more 5* Recruits Commited to 'em......Those teams have the Name recognition that my Auburn Team seriously needs, Year in Year out USuCk, okie dokie, FSU, MIAMI, Texas, FL., LSU, are always in the top of the Recruiting Classes.....I Know that the 5*(s) don't matter until the Player gets on the Field, but it Does matter for Name Recognition.....Also, there were a TON of True Freshmen starting for the Big name Teams this past year.......COME ON COACH TUBS, PLAY THAT ACE of SPADES............

Coach Chiz's decision to Look around has taken up most of his time these last 2 weeks........and he's been in Texas these last couple of days.......had lunch with the Univ. today.............I don't Freakin' believe it.........We go 13-0 and Cannot get more than One (Tray isn't a Lock either) Bluechiper...........Also, if Alonzo and Rex decides to leave......Coach Tubs dropped the ball on this year's class...........I don't &*#$%^ Understand Why we can't pull the BIG Names in..........Look at the Teams that have three or more 5* Recruits Commited to 'em......Those teams have the Name recognition that my Auburn Team seriously needs,  Year in Year out USuCk, okie dokie, FSU, MIAMI, Texas, FL., LSU, are always in the top of the Recruiting Classes.....I Know that the 5*(s) don't matter until the Player gets on the Field, but it Does matter for Name Recognition.....Also, there were a TON of True Freshmen starting for the Big name Teams this past year.......COME ON COACH TUBS, PLAY THAT ACE of SPADES............

138951[/snapback]

You really need to see a therapist.

I don't care where he decides to go to school, but announcing last night that he was going to AU and then pulling out an LSU hat on television really shows, in my opinion, a lack of class. He's not the kind of person we need at Auburn, no matter how good he does.

And for those of you fretting over recruiting rankings, I have two things to say to you:

13-0

Courtney Taylor

If you went by recruiting rankings we never would be 13-0 and Taylor would be toting water to the real players.

I don't care where he decides to go to school, but announcing last night that he was going to AU and then pulling out an LSU hat on television really shows, in my opinion, a lack of class.  He's not the kind of person we need at Auburn, no matter how good he does.

And for those of you fretting over recruiting rankings, I have two things to say to you:

13-0 

Courtney Taylor

If you went by recruiting rankings we never would be 13-0 and Taylor would be toting water to the real players.

138954[/snapback]

Yea Your right........Also, it ain't signing day Yet........Just as long as we get the Right players, the ones that Fit our Systems, is really the only thing that matters......I just had to get some Copenhagen in my system, to calm me down a 'lil bit.........War "BY GOD" Eagle

I don't care where he decides to go to school, but announcing last night that he was going to AU and then pulling out an LSU hat on television really shows, in my opinion, a lack of class.  He's not the kind of person we need at Auburn, no matter how good he does.

13-0 

Courtney Taylor

138954[/snapback]

Finally, the voice of reason!!

The number of stars a player is given is mostly guess work. I think Tubberville has proved that he brings in the right players for this program to be successful.

We have had a ton of prospects go on to great careers and the NFL that started as 2 to 3 star players.

I will not worry about what any recruiting 'service' thinks of our class.

i'm watching powe to day and i am far from impressed with him....he reminds me of albert means....he is fat and not real fast.....the kid named miller.playing beside him, is a much better DT than powe...let him go.....remember, he took a swing at his high school coach in their playoff loss this season.....do we really need him?

Coach Chiz's decision to Look around has taken up most of his time these last 2 weeks........and he's been in Texas these last couple of days.......had lunch with the Univ. today.............I don't Freakin' believe it.........We go 13-0 and Cannot get more than One (Tray isn't a Lock either) Bluechiper...........Also, if Alonzo and Patrick decides to leave......Coach Tubs dropped the ball on this year's class...........I don't &*#$%^ Understand Why we can't pull the BIG Names in..........Look at the Teams that have three or more 5* Recruits Commited to 'em......Those teams have the Name recognition that my Auburn Team seriously needs,  Year in Year out USuCk, okie dokie, FSU, MIAMI, Texas, FL., LSU, are always in the top of the Recruiting Classes.....I Know that the 5*(s) don't matter until the Player gets on the Field, but it Does matter for Name Recognition.....Also, there were a TON of True Freshmen starting for the Big name Teams this past year.......COME ON COACH TUBS, PLAY THAT ACE of SPADES............

138951[/snapback]

Chizik is in Auburn, I just saw him. He was in the parade. The fact that FSU, Miami, UT, USC, and OU have so many 5 star recruits is because some of them get those stars just because they're going there. We seem to have done ok this year with recruiting classes from the past... I wouldn't worry about it so much. Its just another way for the media to get their jollies off pretending they know all about football.

13-0 

Courtney Taylor

138954[/snapback]

:cheer: Great comments :cheer:

Didn't watch the second half of the game, but now I hear he said his "committment" to LSU wasn't really a committment at all, he was just checking it out? Is that true?

If it is, he's not the kind of player I want at Auburn, I don't care how talented he is. We don't need any self-absorbed clowns.

Just to reiterate my previous point about Courtney Taylor. Check his bio on Scout.com from 2002. He got one star. ONE.

Is there a better receiver on the Auburn roster right now? Is there a better clutch receiver in the conference? In the country?

Just announced

138941[/snapback]

Auburn coming off a 13-0 season, SEC Champs, Sugar Bowl Victory, tops in the land with a sound coaching staff returning and this guy who was a strong verbal committ to AU suddenly changes his mind and goes to LSU where they just lost their head coach?????? :blink:

Sorry folks, something don't add up here. :thumbsdown:

I agree with Raptor. Something ain't right about all this... He commits to AU last night and today its LSU? I was surprised! I can only speculate that we are gonna accept only 5 or 6 more signees and maybe they decided to pass on him since he will be a sign and place (at JUCO). For the last month I've had a bad feeling about Powe.... I know he had some problems with his HS coach. He may not be a good fit. So, if not Powe... does that mean we are in good shape for someone better? Maybe the big DT from PA?

Chill out all you naysayers. Coach Tubberville has said this may be his best class ever. Historically speaking, Coach T has not been known by his high rated classes, but rather by bringing in the talent he needs for his system. Well, I'd say it's working. Remember 13-0? It really wasn't that long ago. WDE!!!

From Scout.com:

"“It was a hard choice,” Powe says. “Auburn and LSU were still neck-and-neck, but I like Coach Les Miles. They were high on my list at Oklahoma State. I was considering them. When they came to LSU and I got to talking to them, and LSU is a great team, this was just something I wanted to do on TV. I think I worked hard to get down here. I really wanted to set an example for my kids back at home. A lot of guys look up to me. I didn’t have to do that. I’m not the type that likes all the attention. My whole school was watching this on a big screen.

“I like LSU, but it’s just something I basically (did on TV). I was the first one from my school ever to be an All-American. That’s basically how my decision was made. It’s still subject to change on signing day. Auburn is still neck-and-neck and Ole Miss is slightly behind them. This is not my final choice. I just like LSU and I was actually doing what my mom said, that I should do it for the kids.”

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=342220

This kid isn't making any sense.

I think he's not done with his recruiting. He might end up at LSU, but I bet Gandy and McLaughlin give him a call and straighten it out. He just needed some attention after a bad week of practice.

From Scout.com:
"“It was a hard choice,” Powe says. “Auburn and LSU were still neck-and-neck, but I like Coach Les Miles. They were high on my list at Oklahoma State. I was considering them. When they came to LSU and I got to talking to them, and LSU is a great team, this was just something I wanted to do on TV. I think I worked hard to get down here. I really wanted to set an example for my kids back at home. A lot of guys look up to me. I didn’t have to do that. I’m not the type that likes all the attention. My whole school was watching this on a big screen.

“I like LSU, but it’s just something I basically (did on TV). I was the first one from my school ever to be an All-American. That’s basically how my decision was made. It’s still subject to change on signing day. Auburn is still neck-and-neck and Ole Miss is slightly behind them. This is not my final choice. I just like LSU and I was actually doing what my mom said, that I should do it for the kids.”

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=342220

This kid isn't making any sense.

138987[/snapback]

:blink: I don't think the guy knows what he wants. There is always one or two like this every year. He will be at JUCO next year no matter who he picks.

There was an interview with Barry Sanders in the broadcast booth during this game. Sanders said back when he was in HS, he was very concerned that he would not get a chance to play college football. He was not highly recruited and only got three offers, OK St, Iowa St and Tulsa.

The moral of this story is that no one really knows who the great players will be on the next level.

I think CTT is doing a great job. We need to offer a guy named Gowland a scholarship. He is rated 3 stars and really loves Auburn. He is planning on walking on if we don't offer him (out-of-state tuition). I think we need as many guys like Gowland as we can get, they are the foundation of championship teams.

Archived