2017 4* C Cesar Ruiz

ellitor

-#1 ranked Center in the class

-believed AU's top Center target

-AU plans to take a Center in this class

-Will visit AU & Bama the weekend of April 8th

-Knows Coach Hand well from his days & Penn ST while Ruiz was playing in New Jersey

-Now @ IMG in Florida

Hudl Highlights

-Knows Coach Hand well from his days & Penn ST while Ruiz was playing in New Jersey

-Now @ IMG in Florida

Hudl Highlights

Just curious. Who does IMG play? Seems it would be tough for any high school team to compete against them when they grab all the best players from around the nation. IMG is becoming (or has become) like the high school all American team.

I believe our next signee from IMG will be our first. Is that correct?

Yes & AU is in very good shape w/ 4* LB Will Ignont right now.

Just curious. Who does IMG play? Seems it would be tough for any high school team to compete against them when they grab all the best players from around the nation. IMG is becoming (or has become) like the high school all American team.

They are not in a region & don't play in playoffs so teams from all over play them. It may be tought for teams to compete against them but it's a great challenge for those teams & players to get noticed against very good competition. I know if I was coaching a high level high school I'd play IMG in a heart beat.

2015 schedule

-Now @ IMG in Florida

Hudl Highlights

Don't know about football but basketball they play other top prep schools across the country. My cousin who I used to update in the recruiting section but signed to Tenn, went there

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, lurtz said:

There is a premium article on Scout from 7/9 to the effect that AU is back in it with Ruiz thanks to Coach Hand.

Link is to the teaser post on the football forum.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=14824840

Free link to to the headeryou were referring to

No. 2 center has AU back in it because...

of coach Hand. Penn State not as high on his list anymore...

No. 2 center talks top schools at The Opening 

FULL STORY

I still think the Fighting Harbaughs are the heavy favorite FWIW.

Read a lot about the agility and probable position flexibility of NB. If we were to get CR, how do you see them position wise at AU? CR at Center and NB at Guard?

1 minute ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Read a lot about the agility and probable position flexibility of NB. If we were to get CR, how do you see them position wise at AU? CR at Center and NB at Guard?

Brahms has the size, skillset, & demeanor to play any 1 of 4 positions & possibly all 5 at AU. We could honestly take him as a C, G, or the swing guy in the class depending on how the other 1-2 OL spots in the class go.

5 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Brahms could be a Guard or the swing guy in the class in that scenario.

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Brahms has the size, skillset, & demeanor to play any 1 of 4 positions & possibly all 5 at AU. We could honestly take him as a C, G, or the swing guy in the class depending on how the other 1-2 OL spots in the class go.

I thought he was about 285 lbs right now. I am sure his frame can handle more but that is slightly undersized for a lineman in todays world. In 2 years he very well may be 300+ but I guess that is why most OL are signed for 2 to 3 yrs down the road.

5 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I thought he was about 285 lbs right now. I am sure his frame can handle more but that is slightly undersized for a lineman in todays world. In 2 years he very well may be 300+ but I guess that is why most OL are signed for 2 to 3 yrs down the road.

He still has nearly a year to add 15 or so pounds naturally. That is very doable. 285 for a rising Sr is a good weight, especially when you look at his frame.

Seems it is not just weight but upper body strength that guys need to add after they get to college.  It's nice to have a guy like him and Kozan for example, who can do what needs doing if necessary and have the willingness to play where he is needed.....which is not always the case.

Hand has stated that he recruits guys that can play multiple positions. It gives us flexibility and it also gives the player a better chance at the next level. An awful lot of college linemen who make it in the Pro's often end up in a different position and showing you have the skills to play multiple positions also helps you get to the Pro's.  Ideally every O-Linemen wants to be Left Tackle but there are only a few Greg  Robinson's out there. 

18 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I think if Martin doesn't recommit to Auburn at some point during season, I don't believe he will ever will become an Auburn Tiger.

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Hand has stated that he recruits guys that can play multiple positions. It gives us flexibility and it also gives the player a better chance at the next level. An awful lot of college linemen who make it in the Pro's often end up in a different position and showing you have the skills to play multiple positions also helps you get to the Pro's.  Ideally every O-Linemen wants to be Left Tackle but there are only a few Greg  Robinson's out there. 

What? Greg Robinson has a twin?  

Ideally every O-Linemen wants to be Left Tackle but there are only a few Greg  Robinson's out there

Funny thing about that...G-Rob was not a slam dunk LT out of high school. 3 sites rated him as a guard instead of a tackle. Westy was thought to be the anchor LT from the class. We recruited G-Rob as a Guard-RT.

Right now there is a lot of similarities in G-Rob & Brahms in terms of being versatile, physical OL prospects, & both mid level 4* grades. Not saying Brahms will turn into G-Rob. Just noting the prospect comparisons.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Brahms, IMO, is the best OL we have committed. That says a lot. 

It's pretty cool that our top 3 rated guys by 24/7 are OL. If we add Ruiz that's a big Haul. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Funny thing about that...G-Rob was not a slam dunk LT out of high school. 3 sites rated him as a guard instead of a tackle. Westy was thought to be the anchor LT from the class. We recruited G-Rob as a Guard-RT.

Right now there is a lot of similarities in G-Rob & Brahms in terms of being versatile, physical OL prospects, & both mid level 4* grades. Not saying Brahms will turn into G-Rob. Just noting the prospect comparisons.

IIRC G-Rob was a pretty darn highly-rated 4 star. He was an absolute steal out of Louisiana. 

9 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

IIRC G-Rob was a pretty darn highly-rated 4 star. He was an absolute steal out of Louisiana. 

He was 121 over all on the composite. That is an upper range of a mid 4*.

16 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Brahms, IMO, is the best OL we have committed. That says a lot. 

Wow. I remember Ashley being discussed as the biggest recruit we've gotten a commitment from since Gus got here, including Lawson and Cowart...

Archived