2017 3* TE Tre McKitty (FSU 12/16/16)

ellitor

Hm, so we never threw the ball to Lutz? I thought I remembered us throwing the ball to Lutz... must've been

I also thought I remembered throwing the ball to Uzomah from time to time.

, I suppose.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol post a clip of throwing the ball one time and that......You know what nevermind, not my business

• 2 weeks later...

Will commit Saturday or Sunday. http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/07/auburn_target_tre_mckitty_brea.html#incart_river_index

Tre' McKitty is "90 to 95 percent" sure which school he'll commit to this weekend.

The tight end at IMG Academy in Florida has narrowed his finalists to Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Oregon. He plans to announce his pledge live on television Saturday or Sunday during ESPN's coverage of Nike's The Opening Finals in Oregon.

McKitty (6-4, 235) has not publicly named a leader, but Auburn is considered by many to be the front-runner. The Tigers signed one tight end in 2015, (Jalen Harris) one in 2016 (Landon Rice) and have none committed to the 2017 class.

McKitty is ranked as a three-star prospect and the nation's No. 18 tight end in the 247Sports Composite. Once he makes his decision, he plans to take an official visit to the school of his choice and "maybe one or two" more, if he has the time.

AL.com's Drew Champlin interviewed McKitty at The Opening Wednesday, so check out what he had to say about each school below.

AUBURN

"The school has been there from the start. I've been out there four times and took my family out there. I sat down with the coaches and we have a really great relationship. I feel good about it... My old teammate Nate (Craig-Myers) is up there. When I went for Big Cat (Weekend) I got to stay with him. Talking with him about it has been great too... They tell me they'll use me something like a tight end they had two years ago, C.J. Uzomah. I'm a versatile guy and they can use me everywhere and move me around."

FLORIDA

"Florida, I have a good relationship with them. They've been there from the start. Jake McGee, their (former) tight end, had a great year last year too."

FLORIDA STATE

"About two weeks ago I got to go there for a visit and sat down with the coaches and coach Brewster and watched film. They were really just telling me how they could use me and stuff like that."

OREGON

"Oregon I think is a school that can use my abilities a lot. I'm a receiver/tight end that can do a lot in space. I think I could be a great fit there too."

Gus nor Rhett doesn't know how to develop QB's. Cam didn't need teaching when he came to the Plains. As for Nick, he was a true QB playing DB while at Georgia cause that staff didn't know what the heck they were doing.

Gus nor Rhett doesn't know how to develop QB's. Cam didn't need teaching when he came to the Plains. As for Nick, he was a true QB playing DB while at Georgia cause that staff didn't know what the heck they were doing.

Please keep these thoughts to the QB threads in the football forum.

or to yourself

or to yourself

That would be the preference.

Announcement time set for Tre Link

Times can always change, but tight end Tre' McKitty told us his announcement is now set for Sunday at 7 p.m. PT and 9 CT on ESPU.

If it changes, I will let you know.

Too close to call at this point. Family really likes the idea of him playing in Auburn. But Oregon is right there.

McKitty will hash things out with his family tonight (Friday).

Dog fight. Ducks trending. If he picks Oregon I think AU stays on him & may get him in the end.

if he were choosing tonight, it would be Oregon. Not sure if his parents really want him to commit to a school this far from home, but they will probably tell him to follow his heart.

Agree that we will stay on him, even if his verbal goes to the Ducks.

Yes to this.  If we use our TE to good effect, targets / yards / TDs this year, he will stay / pick our Tigers come February.  Plus we do need all the Tre's we can get. .

Easy to get excited by a place like Oregon when on a visit...but some second thoughts when he gets back home...JMO.

Very interesting statement from Keith

no matter who McKitty picks, keep an eye on FSU. The Seminoles don't care what happens today. They plan to keep firing away.

For those Wondering FSU did not really start recruiting Tre til the past 2 weeks.

Looks like he got some bruised ribs at The Opening yesterday. Wonder if he will still commit tonight after going to the hospital today. Kinda hopen he waits considering how he has raved about his Oregon visit.

24 minutes ago, AUNavyNightmare said:

Looks like he got some bruised ribs at The Opening yesterday. Wonder if he will still commit tonight after going to the hospital today. Kinda hopen he waits considering how he has raved about his Oregon visit.

He's already recorded his commitment & it will air tonight.

Is McKitty ever going to make his commitment today? He was scheduled to go public yesterday but he put it off until sometime today.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Is McKitty ever going to make his commitment today? He was scheduled to go public yesterday but he put it off until sometime today.

He was never scheduled to commit yesterday. His commitment will be made public around 9 PM CT on ESPNU.

32 minutes ago, ChattTNTiger said:

Eastern?

My post says CT meaning central time.

Archived