2017 3* TE Tre McKitty (FSU 12/16/16)

ellitor

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Take that Chatt!

Not a take that. He must have missed the CT which is cool.

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

Any news?

Nope. I'm not watching it on ESPNU since I pretty much know he's picking Oregon. If something pops up on twitter I'll let you know.

It's Oregon...Can't move threads yet in the new format. Will have to wait for a mod to move it tonight or tomorrow.

The Ducks are a good fit for him, not a bad pick at all. I agree with others in that it's not over and wouldn't be shocked if he ends up here though. He'd excel in the Gus Bus O as well and its a heck of a lot closer than Oregon. 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

The Ducks are a good fit for him, not a bad pick at all. I agree with others in that it's not over and wouldn't be shocked if he ends up here though. He'd excel in the Gus Bus O as well and its a heck of a lot closer than Oregon. 

I think he's a good fit for them but not so much a fit for him. He wanted to major in Aviation. Oregon does not have that program.

Has a lot to do with Mond not committing.  If we'd gotten Mond, we would've gotten McKitty.

(they're teammates for those who don't know...)

4 minutes ago, Altima said:

Has a lot to do with Mond not committing.  If we'd gotten Mond, we would've gotten McKitty.

Not surprising. Sad thing is Oregon doesn't have a QB commit either but have had better recent history w/ QBs.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think he's a good fit for them but not so much a fit for him. He wanted to major in Aviation. Oregon does not have that program.

That's a great point. 

6 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Still batting .000 with IMG

A long way to NSD on this one. Parents are heavily in AU's Corner.

A player committing to Oregon while he's out there is similar to a player committing to Auburn during Big Cat weekend. Doesn't amount to much until they get back home and settle down for a week or so.

Oh well. It's his loss. His family won't be able to see him play in person unless they have a lot of money and can fly up there for all their games.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

I really cannot see why Auburn wouldn't be an almost immediate commit for any athlete looking for a major athletics program AND aviation in the southeastern US.  Last I checked, there are only six universities in the country that really fit that bill:  Auburn, Arizona State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Baylor.

I wanted him but based on how we have utilized TE as basically another O-Lineman I can understand why he might not want to come here. That said with us being closer to home and having the Aviation degree he wants if we start utilizing the TE as a pass catcher this year he could still change his commitment to us before NLI day.

I know our coaches were (are) very high on McKitty, but I think maybe we need to move on instead of waiting for Tre to change his mind.  That is if we are definitely going to take a TE in this class.  I'm sure there are other TE's out there that might even be a better fit.  Maybe a late bloomer will emerge.  Or is that a thing of the past?  Probably showing my age again.  Are kids that come on strong senior year just SOL?

5 minutes ago, autan said:

I know our coaches were (are) very high on McKitty, but I think maybe we need to move on instead of waiting for Tre to change his mind.  That is if we are definitely going to take a TE in this class.  I'm sure there are other TE's out there that might even be a better fit.  Maybe a late bloomer will emerge.  Or is that a thing of the past?  Probably showing my age again.  Are kids that come on strong senior year just SOL?

Staff does plan to take a TE. Late bloomers is not a thing of the past. It doesn't happen much in high school though for TEs...And no kids that come on strong are not SOL. Good schools will find them more often than not.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Staff does plan to take a TE. Late bloomers is not a thing of the past. It doesn't happen much in high school though for TEs...And no kids that come on strong are not SOL. Good schools will find them more often than not.

I agree kids who emerge late will get found, but seems it usually is by UAB or Troy or mid majors.  Many of the big programs are about filled up by fall. AU is certainly not full by a long shot, but seems like the 20 or so targets are pretty well set. Just trying to decide which commitments to take.    QB (now TE) suddenly becoming the exception.

Archived