2017 3* TE Tre McKitty (FSU 12/16/16)

ellitor

Previously a Oregon commit 7/10/16

Previously a Miami decommit 12/13/15

I have seen enough to believe Tre is a top TE target for AU.

He is teammates & IMG w/ major AU target Will Ignont.

Earned an invite to The Opening Finals in Oregon coming in July

Notable Offers: AU, UF, Vols, UNC, Zona, Arky, Duke, FSU, UGA, Louisville, LSU, Miss St, & Oregon

Youtube link is soph highlights. Have not seen Jr highlights yet.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free read

Auburn is among the early favorites for Tre McKitty, and the Tigers may be the only school capable of offering what he’s in search of.

“They have one of the majors that not many schools offer that I like a lot, which is aviation,” said McKitty, who recently participated in the Nike regional combine in Atlanta.

The three-star tight end was selected to compete at The Opening in Oregon, where he’ll go head-to-head with some of the top prospects in the country. Needless to say, McKitty, who hails from the talent-rich IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.), has several suitors, the Tigers included.

“Auburn is really high on my board,” said McKitty, who is rated the No. 16 tight end in 2017. “I’m going up there Tuesday, actually. I’ll be seeing them and my dad will be with me. I’ve been on campus before and my dad hasn’t. So, he wants a chance to sit down with the coaches, sit in on meetings and watch practice.”

McKitty last visited this past summer and has since grown close with several members of the coaching staff, particularly offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee. Both sides have remained in contact since he was extended an offer.

“Coach Lashlee is pushing hard,” McKitty said. “They told me they want me a lot. They told me all the ways they can use me — split out, even go outside sometimes, go in the backfield.”

At 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, McKitty said he wants to play in a system that doesn’t reserve him mainly as an in-line tight end. While the Tigers may be a fit schematically, McKitty is still in search of the right fit overall. His visit on Tuesday will be important for both him and his father.

The Tigers signed one tight end in the 2016 cycle in Landon Rice, and will look to add more depth to the position in 2017. Auburn has extended offers to three tight ends, McKitty included. The IMG Academy prospect is also seriously considering Florida.

If it is an aviation degree he is after than AU will be his choice. My father was a flight instructor in Texas and would always say some the best students he certified were in the AU aviation program. Before anyone ask according to him many aviation students take private certifications when classes get over booked at schools so they don't get delayed in the program or atleast they were allowed to when he was flying.

If it is an aviation degree he is after than AU will be his choice. My father was a flight instructor in Texas and would always say some the best students he certified were in the AU aviation program. Before anyone ask according to him many aviation students take private certifications when classes get over booked at schools so they don't get delayed in the program or atleast they were allowed to when he was flying.

Delta had a hard-on for AU grads until the aviation degree switched to the business department from engineering. It has been a bit of a hot mess since then. I graduated from the program in 2004, so hopefully some things have changed since then. I don't know that Frost progressed past private while playing football. Between class work and flying I was at almost 35 hours a week. Add in workouts film and practice and there won't be much room for studying, even with the best tutors. I wish him the best and hope he finds what he wants.

• 2 months later...

Keith CB'd Tre to AU last night.

Are you sure he did not CB Tre to Crystal Clear last night?

• 2 weeks later...

KN said today that AU is clear leader (UF 2nd and Oregon 3rd) and expects him to commit at The Opening in OR mid July.

Whoever recruits tight ends to AU are elite recruiters. There is no way in hell I would if I was one right now. I don't know what they are saying but kudos

Whoever recruits tight ends to AU are elite recruiters. There is no way in hell I would if I was one right now. I don't know what they are saying but kudos

hahaha agreed

Exactly.

Not sure position i would have no interest in Auburn for most, hs qb with CRL's terrible abilities or TE.

If you are going to criticize CRL on QBs you can't leave Gus out. He just as responsible on QB development as he works with them as much as CRL.

Not sure position i would have no interest in Auburn for most, hs qb with CRL's terrible abilities or TE.

If you are going to criticize CRL on QBs you can't leave Gus out. He just as responsible on QB development as he works with them as much as CRL.

agree he has taught CRL everything he knows

Because Cam and Nick didn't improve while they were here? Oh wait, they DID improve! Our success rate with QB's isn't any worse than most schools. More time needs to pass before any type of valid opinion can be formed.

Because Cam and Nick didn't improve while they were here? Oh wait, they DID improve! Our success rate with QB's isn't any worse than most schools. More time needs to pass before any type of valid opinion can be formed.

Lol, Cam got better because he worked hard and Gus adjusted play calling around his abilities, same for Marshall. Broken plays do to athletic ability helped a bunch in passing stats for both. Cam's mechanics were horrible worked with a QB coach non stop after here, Marshall's were so good he is a DB now, but I guess you could give them credit for that part. They don't develop QB's they just adjust the offense around the talent they already have developed prior to getting here, IMO.

Lol, Cam got better because he worked hard and Gus adjusted play calling around his abilities, same for Marshall. Broken plays do to athletic ability helped a bunch in passing stats for both. Cam's mechanics were horrible worked with a QB coach non stop after here, Marshall's were so good he is a DB now, but I guess you could give them credit for that part. They don't develop QB's they just adjust the offense around the talent they already have developed prior to getting here, IMO.

Every college QB heading to the NFL works nonstop with a QB coach. Marshall was a DB at UGA, a QB with more int. than TD in JUCO, a very successful QB at Auburn and a DB in the pros. What does that tell you?

I understand that speaking of QB success under Gus doesn't fit the current popular ranting, but whatever.

Ok fellas. You've made your points on QB development. There are threads in the football forum to continue that if wanted. Let's get back to McKitty.

Basically because of last year everybody says Gus can't develop QB's. Marshall and CAM were both Juco QB's while both were talented they didn't come in guns blazing. Try and remember 1st 2 or 3 games they played in and how much better they were by end of Season. Part of that was learning a new system, part was analyses by Gus and staff to adjust offense to their skill sets and part was working on fundamentals with the QB's.

Nick Marshall was a DB at Georgia so if you think that his time at Juco turned him into the QB that he became at Auburn then the QB coach at the Juco where he went would probably be in high demand and probably be an OC for a big time program.

I have issues with some of what I saw last year from Gus and Lashlee in SW not being ready to go when called upon after being here 1 year. I think that is part of Gus's learning process as a head coach having a legitimate Plan B and Plan C when something goes wrong. I doubt if that will happen to Gus again. I have no doubt he knows how to work with QB's and make them better.

Ok fellas. You've made your points on QB development. There are threads in the football forum to continue that if wanted. Let's get back to McKitty.

It's more of the fact that we do not utilize a TE in the passing game whatsoever. Doesn't matter who is throwing to them.

It's more of the fact that we do not utilize a TE in the passing game whatsoever. Doesn't matter who is throwing to them.

That's fair buty let's let the kid commit here before we tell him why he shouldn't commit here.

Archived