2017 3* DT Alec Jackson signs with AU (Updated)

RunInRed

Updated 12/25/16, Alec commits to AU!!! ...

Picked up offers from both AU and Bama over the weekend (3/26/16) ...

Blessed to received my 13th offer from Auburn University!!!!

CegT9nqWQAIPB8F.jpg

Ceg0otoW4AI_4pU.jpg

@_TheFuture7

"Finally," Jackson said. "I grew up being an Auburn fan, watching them on TV saying, 'That could be me one day.' When I finally saw (an offer) happen, I was like, 'Is this really happening right now?'"

Jackson said he felt the family atmosphere at Auburn as soon as he stepped on the Plains.

"They hug you and comfort you," he said. "You feel like you're already playing there and are ready to strap on and be an Auburn Tiger... They're up there. They have to be up there. Like I said, it's been a long time coming. I've been waiting for this for the longest."

"I always wanted to (commit) on Signing Day," he said. "I always wanted to pick up that hat, so I'm just going to wait until then... leave everybody in suspense."

http://www.al.com/sp...in-state_1.html

1585284.jpg

Alec Jackson, DE
Montgomery, AL (Jeff Davis)
Ht: 6'5 | Wt: 264

• Grew up an AU fan
  • Recruiters: Steele / Garner
  • Unofficial visit to AU 3/26/16, picked up an offer

247Sports: 3*
ESPN: 3*
Rivals: 3*
Scout: 3*

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Illinois, Kentucky, LSU, Maryland, Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Missouri, N.C. State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Samford, South Alabama, South Carolina, Southern Cal, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Texas, Troy, UAB and Vanderbilt, among others.

Jackson has the tools to be a defensive end in many schemes at the college level. With a great frame and quickness off the ball, he can be disruptive against the run and especially the pass, where it seems as if he hits another gear with a passer in sight. Jackson plays with good balance and can redirect in short spaces while using his hands well at times. He can improve on his overall technique against blockers while adding to his pass-rushing arsenal.

http://www.scout.com...lysis?year=2016

Hudl Highlights

Edited by ellitor

I'm not the smartest man( please do better at hiding your surprise) but I am guesing he is an auburn lean.

I'm not the smartest man( please do better at hiding your surprise) but I am guesing he is an auburn lean.

He is. AU was waiting just a little longer than normal just to try and keep Jackson as below the radar as possible. Then uat offered so boom. Jackson can play. Looking like the DE class this year is shaping up to be dang good class.

• 1 month later...

Released a top 10. AU #3 Behind UF & Bama.

Edited by ellitor

• 5 months later...

Alec nas become a major AU target per Keith. Here is a snip-it from a free interview

When he visited Auburn last summer, 3-star defensive end Alec Jacksonof Montgomery (Ala.) Jefferson Davis spent some one-on-one time with Tigers freshman Marlon Davidson.

To Jackson, it was noteworthy.

“We got away from everybody and talked a little — it was the greatest thing ever,” Jackson said. “He gave me a little advice. He told me, ‘Don’t listen to anybody pressuring you where to go or not to go. Just choose the home you feel comfortable with.”

Jackson, the No. 16 recruit in the state of Alabama for the 247Sports rankings, has emerged as a major Auburn target. He has attended two Tigers games this season and probably will officially visit Auburn in January.

Next week, Auburn defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and defensive line coach Rodney Garner will visit him.

First things first, though. Jackson will officially visit Southern California this weekend. That will be his second visit to see the Trojans.

“SC is recruiting me very hard,” he noted.

Florida is another school very much in the mix. Jackson has yet to visit the Gators but plans to do so in the near future.

As for Auburn, Jackson likes what he has seen from the Tigers defensive line.

“I think I could fit in really well,” he said. “The Auburn line is fast, strong — I could see myself playing for them. When they saw my highlights, they saw a lot of familiar stuff that their D-line does.”

At Auburn, Jackson sees the potential for early playing time.

“It’s a huge possibility that I could come in and have a chance to come in and play as a freshman,” he said.

35 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I'm just wondering if he's always been an Auburn fan, why is Auburn third on his latest list?

Maybe because AU was not recruiting him hard til the past couple of weeks. AU has made a move recently. I'm not sure we are 3rd anymore.

4 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Any ideas on when he plans to commit? is he an EE?

Taking it all the way to February and No.

• 3 weeks later...

WAR EAGLE!!!!!! Garner got a DL on the board!!! heck yah!! Great Christmas present for the Auburn fam! BOOOOOM!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, autan said:

I think and I hope he is underrated. Good pickup.  WDE!!!

I'd say take a look at his offers. Bammer, LSU, USC, UF, Texas, UT, etc. That usually tells me what I need to know. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Nice! Now please work on that pad level. Goodness, He just about plays standing straight up.

I think he will end up at D-tackle and his pad level is gonna be even more important

• Like 2

How likely will he get bumped to a 4 star recruit?  I know sometimes that recruits get bumped up a star or so once the player has been thoroughly scrutinized by the recruiting services.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

How likely will he get bumped to a 4 star recruit?  I know sometimes that recruits get bumped up a star or so once the player has been thoroughly scrutinized by the recruiting services.

Not likely. He did not dominate in the Blue Grey All Star game which he would have needed to do to get a star bump.

I am curious about recruiting services as to which one is the most reliable and does the best job of accurately accessing players with the star rating system. I have no idea of who this may be; However, I know we have guys on this board who have a knack for getting this right.

However, the Doc has no idea concerning this. This is why I am wanted to be educated in this area of recruiting, It is 2:30 pm here in the mountains, and it is snowing huge flakes that are sticking like crazy! We are supposed to get 6 + inches when it is all over with.

Edited by doc4aday
Let it snow!