2017 4* RB Devan Barrett signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, AUbritt said:

He definitely seems to take the most efficient route to the endzone (notice most of the highlights in his Junior film are him taking it all the way to the house).

After watching his video I was wondering if anyone had ever tackled this guy.  I really like they way he bolts through the slightest opening without hesitation.

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparent DB had another big night.  SDS just released this link that says he had over 300 yards again this last week.  Dude is a beast!  I know some keep preaching "elite", but this guy is something special.  I really like the td at around the 2:00 mark.  He is patient and sets up his blockers very well.

Edited by lkeel75
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is jeris mcintyre our bagman in the tampa area?? I saw a article saying we were back in on another tampa product who is a 4 star who just dropped his commitment to the Vols.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is jeris mcintyre our bagman in the tampa area?? I saw a article saying we were back in on another tampa product who is a 4 star who just dropped his commitment to the Vols.

LOL, yeah same guy who just showed up on our 247 homepage with interest (4* WR CJ Cotman). UT needs to hang on to these 4*s they have like 30 3*s on their board but not much top talent. Just saw where they also lost 2 brothers that were 3* lineman.

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

LOL, yeah same guy who just showed up on our 247 homepage with interest (4* WR CJ Cotman). UT needs to hang on to these 4*s they have like 30 3*s on their board but not much top talent. Just saw where they also lost 2 brothers that were 3* lineman.

This was Butch Jones year to make noise with Dobbs at qb and they were not very good most of the year. Maybe these recruits see the slide coming again for UT (can you slide if you never really climbed? Hmmm....)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2016 at 8:15 PM, ellitor said:

Better chance Alaric would get moved there before Devan. Staff took Alaric as an ATH, Devan as a RB.

I KNEW that I seen you say this somewhere (in regards to the other thread about AW being an athlete vs true TB.)

15 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Oregon offered him last night.

I wouldn't worry to much about this. Sure Taggart has Florida connections, but Eugene Oregon is a LONG way from the South. It's a whole different world out here. It's a shock. Sooooooooooooooooooo different than the South. Not a lot of southern boys will want to come up here... The females don't even compare. And don't even get me started on food. 

I don't see Oregon as a threat. I certainly hope not we really need this kid. I feel he is the only true RB of this class. 

Edited by Auburn2Eugene

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I KNEW that I seen you say this somewhere (in regards to the other thread about AW being an athlete vs true TB.)

And I was wrong. He is and was recruited as a RB.

Just now, ellitor said:

And I was wrong. He is and was recruited as a RB.

That's cool. It's just that is why my mind was So set on him being an athlete. Now that I have that issue resolved, I can let it go. Thanks E. 

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I feel he is the only true RB of this class. 

Yup cuz sites in their infinite wisdom know sooooo much more about talent and where to list it than Coach Horton.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup cuz sites in their infinite wisdom know sooooo much more about talent and where to list it than Coach Horton.

Horton is one of the ones I have 100% faith in. I don't question him, but he isn't the one making all the decisions. 

As far as DB goes, he looks really good. I have very high hopes for him...especially if Horton sticks around. 

16 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Horton is one of the ones I have 100% faith in. I don't question him, but he isn't the one making all the decisions. 

As far as DB goes, he looks really good. I have very high hopes for him...especially if Horton sticks around. 

Tailbacks, which was your point of contention, are pretty much his. Yes Gus has to approve but he usually does with Coach Horton on TGs.

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched his highlights and I really hope he signs with Auburn. He seems to have it all, size, speed, strength, vision, and balance. He obviously can take a lickin and keep on tickin and has some real see ya speed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

#ShamelessSelfPromoting lol I gotta give you a follow E

lol. It was easier than retyping it. lol

• Like 2

Devan Barrett update from a Vols live blog near the bottom of this SECCountry page

Caught up with RB commit Devan Barrett

The 4-star tailback says he's still "pretty solid" to the Tigers but is "keeping his options open." He'll visit Indiana next weekend. Likes Larry Scott and Coach G a lot. Will host Butch and Gus both on visits Tuesday. Still not sure he's a legit flip candidate. Def sounds like a guy doing his due diligence. 

"It's a great school. I'm in the process. I'm still open. We'll see what happens. I'm still thinking."

Said he "keep his options open, keep an open mind, can't commit to one school."

2 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

Apparently he's not committed....

Not in the normal sense of the word. In recruiting jargon, "committed" means "today's favorite", nothing more. I hope we'll be his favorite on signing day but nothing is assured.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not in the normal sense of the word. In recruiting jargon, "committed" means "today's favorite", nothing more. I hope we'll be his favorite on signing day but nothing is assured.

I agree Mikey! I was just stating the obvious. I would rather that we take a stance and take him off of our list. The one thing that I agree with the midget in turdtown on is that if you are looking, we are looking. I hope we have a solid plan B. I want DB to be in this class, but we need confirmation or we need to go after someone else. It's too close to signing day to be playing games with kids that are still visiting and making statements like that.