2017 4* RB Devan Barrett signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

16 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I think Barrett is AU all the way.  Remember Craig Meyers did the same LY...  Looked at South Carolina I think...   

I think he is just enjoying this last shot of being recruited and I don't blame him.   

Horton is a very good recruiter but isn't on the level DC is. And AU can thank DC for closing on NCM. NCM was NC bound a week from signing day. DC closed. 

We don't have a DC on the offensive side of the ball that is a sure fire killer closer on the recruiting trail. Horton and Hand are good but not elite. Really need to get one on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Like 1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Horton is a very good recruiter but isn't on the level DC is. And AU can thank DC for closing on NCM. NCM was NC bound a week from signing day. DC closed. 

We don't have a DC on the offensive side of the ball that is a sure fire killer closer on the recruiting trail. Horton and Hand are good but not elite. Really need to get one on the offensive side of the ball. 

Jeris McIntyre is our best recruiter on the offensive side of the ball..........

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

True dat

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jeris McIntyre is our best recruiter on the offensive side of the ball..........

Brad Lester says Hi.

• Like 1

The next assistant coach could be our next 'closer'?  It would fun to lure Rocker back.  K Greene or someone not with ties who can flat out sell a program.  Moultry seemed to enjoy chatting with K Greene I read.   

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

The next assistant coach could be our next 'closer'?  It would fun to lure Rocker back.  K Greene or someone not with ties who can flat out sell a program.  Moultry seemed to enjoy chatting with K Greene I read.   

The next assistant thing is unlikely now.

We don't need new threads when an NLI comes in. That's what the already player threads & the NLI 2017 discussion thread is for.

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2016 at 11:34 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

We get Barrett and Alaric and we've done a really really great job on running backs already. Really excited to see, if Barrett comes to AU, what he can do. Reminds me of a turd RB, Kenyan Drake (Kennion?). Not the biggest body, but is tall so he has very good vision, is really quick, and catches well out of the backfield. I could see Barrett in a Roc Thomas role as in something like playing that tailback position, and moving between playing on the edge as a slot guy, and gunning up the middle. He's got a nice ability to break arm tackles and tackles below the belt on him- both boding very well for our O. I really like this guy.

Came back here looking for some recruiting analysis and boom, look at this little slice of prophecy. Good on ya, Brotha. 

• Like 3