ellitor

2017 4* RB Devan Barrett signs with AU (Updated)

Cam def gonna be hard to pull. He is giving us a look though. Cam would be an absolute stud in our offense imo. Cam Akers is the best rb in the country. Harris is good, but I like Akers more. Harris will be a stud in Bama offense though.

We should be at the top for both.

We are Auburn. Believe it

- A4Eisms

Or;

If Gus can't pull these RBs he should never get a raise or contract extension again and its JJ fault.

Another A4Eism.

Just as much an AU24ism now a days.
  • Like 1

Forgot to post this last night but Devan is making his 2nd 3 day AU visit in 6 weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Forgot to post this last night but Devan is making his 2nd 3 day AU visit in 6 weeks.

Commit watch?

I hope we are not waiting for Akers in any way, and we go after this guy full bore to get him on board!!

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

I hope we are not waiting for Akers in any way, and we go after this guy full bore to get him on board!!

I think we are going full bore after Barrett. I think AU might take both Barrett and Akers if we got so lucky.

20 minutes ago, toddc said:

We aren't & we are.

14 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I think AU might take both Barrett and Akers if we got so lucky.

Yes 

I know it says we're recruiting him exclusively as a RB right now and that makes sense but the few highlights of him on D show nice closing speed and a nasty streak. (cough cough) Rudy Ford (cough cough).

26 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I know it says we're recruiting him exclusively as a RB right now and that makes sense but the few highlights of him on D show nice closing speed and a nasty streak. (cough cough) Rudy Ford (cough cough).

So your saying we would move him to WR his SR year.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Other teams are recruiting him at DB. Florida was.

This could be a nice week for us. We may pick up at least 2 4 stars, both IMO at positions of need.

20 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

3 4*'s if you include Okeke. 

Funny. Okeke was a terrific pull for Basketball. Great week for recruiting these sports. AU BBall recruiting is ranked #1 in the country right now with 3 commits in the country's top 60 players. Now that we have 1 of the football guys committed, we only need Barrett to announce for us. I really want him. He is a good one.

With the rapey vibes at UT I hope they have a season like we had last year so they can stop competing with us for players.

41 minutes ago, Tiger said:

With the rapey vibes at UT I hope they have a season like we had last year so they can stop competing with us for players.

Their seasons have been like ours last year or worse under Butch & they still compete for players. They will always compete for players except in years where they have coaching changes & the new name is not a splash.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Their seasons have been like ours last year or worse under Butch & they still compete for players. They will always compete for players except in years where they have coaching changes & the new name is not a splash.

True but I don't seem to remember so many AU-UT battles or UT as competition for the kids we go after until Butch got there. Admittedly, I only started to keep up with recruiting (if you can even call it that) until '07-'08 or so.

Also this is the culmination of their "come build with us" recruiting pitch and marketing plan, if they flop I think it could take some of the air out of UT's allure right now.

Edited by Tiger
added a though

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

True but I don't seem to remember so many AU-UT battles

There are a few every year & have been since before Butch.

• Like 1