2017 4* RB Devan Barrett signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

Yes I think he can be an every down back already.  I just don't see the high ceiling that some do.  It's just an opinion and I hope he proves me wrong.  The coaches obviously see something so I will trust them plus they are better at it then I am.  

Dont take my opinions the wrong way I'm definitely glad to have Devan as an Auburn Tiger.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Yes I think he can be an every down back already.  I just don't see the high ceiling that some do.  It's just an opinion and I hope he proves me wrong.  The coaches obviously see something so I will trust them plus they are better at it then I am.  

Dont take my opinions the wrong way I'm definitely glad to have Devan as an Auburn Tiger.

I'm with you for what it's worth, which is about nothing haha. But War Eagle and Congratulations Devan!

Welcome to the Auburn Family, Devan. War Eagle!!! Devan is an awesome commitment to our offensive backfield.

Wish that clip had ran longer so we could hear some reasons why he picked Auburn. War Eagle!!!

Edited by auburn4ever

The only thing i really saw that he needs to work on is running so straight up. If he can learn to run with his shoulders down a bit. He can be deadly with his vision and cuting ability. And he looked like he had plenty of speed in most those runs. He'll need to bulk up some of course but that can be said about 90% of RBs coming out of high school. Glad he decided to pick AU! 

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Keith is wrong imo if he is saying our chances are very long with Akers because we have 3 rbs committed. I don't think us having 3 rbs committed will affect Akers one way or another. Akers could come to Auburn and be a starter or very least in the 2 deep at rbs next year. Like I said Akers is the best player in the 2017 class imo and we will take him no matter what if he decided he wanted to come. Also I very highly doubt he is afraid of any competition. DB is a good player, but Akers is a game changer.  That being said we are not running any better than 4th right now with Akers. With DB I am glad he will be coming to Auburn, and he is a solid player.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nothing was said about us not taking him. He just said the odds would be longer with 3 RBs already committed. He does have a point. How often do you see 4 RBs in 1 class? Very, very rare.

It wouldn't matter if we had 10 RB's committed. Players of Akers' ability go where they please, then the other 10 would have to adjust as they saw fit.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It wouldn't matter if we had 10 RB's committed. Players of Akers' ability go where they please, then the other 10 would have to adjust as they saw fit.

Exactly. You have pounded that in my head & I have learned my friend.

• Like 1

Devan is not blazing fast, but seems to have great vision and can find the holes well. Reminds me of Kenyan Drake at UAT with his ability to run between the tackles and catch the ball out of the backfield as well. Looking forward to see him in an offense that thrives off of hitting the hole in the line and looking downfield.

And another one! I got a great feeling about this class as well as next years. Yes I am optimistic  and I like to see the positive, with that being said I believe we are going to have a 10 win season and that will solidify this recruiting season to a top 10 tanking. War Eagle Devan! Welcome home

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

Looks like Devan got the good 'ol Auburn bump on 247 from a 85 rating to an 87.  

Up to like 480 player ranking, now composite at 222.

Sweet! And his composite has not even been updated yet. His composite score was a .9131 before the bump, which it still is.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Reminds me of Kenyan Drake at UAT with his ability to run between the tackles and catch the ball out of the backfield as well.

Reminds me a little of Seastrunk's high school footage.

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

And another one! I got a great feeling about this class as well as next years. Yes I am optimistic  and I like to see the positive, with that being said I believe we are going to have a 10 win season and that will solidify this recruiting season to a top 10 tanking. War Eagle Devan! Welcome home

I'm optimistic as well.  If we start the season strong and get to 10 wins I could see us with a top 5 class.  Regardless we will be in the top 12 at the end of the day without staff turnover.  I think we can win 9 games and if we gel and make plays the sky is the limit.  Plenty of talent already on the roster.  We will find out everything we need to know about our coaching staff this year and next.  Because we will be stacked with talent and need to get those young WR some experience this year along with some of the DL youngsters.

• Like 1

I think it is possible that people are underestimating his speed because he does have a smooth, effortless-looking stride. 

2 hours ago, mikeymac said:

I think it is possible that people are underestimating his speed because he does have a smooth, effortless-looking stride. 

Exactly right. He isn't a high stepper so his stride is deceptive. What I see is a very fluid runner that scores a lot of touchdowns.

3 hours ago, IllinoisAubie said:

Smooth strider with fluid hips, runs well without showing effort or much 'thinking 'bout it.'  Film reminds me of Brent Fullwood.  Welcome Devan!

Devan Barrett has never, will never and never even dream of running THIS fast...

https://youtu.be/Emda_6oOG14?t=3m31s

3 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Devan Barrett has never, will never and never even dream of running THIS fast...

https://youtu.be/Emda_6oOG14?t=3m31s

Don't think anyone said he was or could be as fast as Fullwood .

Edited by ellitor