2017 4* RB Devan Barrett signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not in South Florida my friend, which is where he plays.

He plays where Nate CM did, Tampa Catholic. There are some damn good smaller teams in Florida. Just ask Golf.

Very true. I played for one of these "unknow" Florida schools (same one Brahms is from). And we ended up moving from like 3a to 5a by the time I left. There are some damn good high school football teams everywhere in Florida. There were always new teams in the states final 8 and final 4. I never doubt a recruits opponent strength when their from Florida, I feel like Florida schools highlights are about as close of a reading you can get before all star games/these super schools. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I honestly don't know why any running back wouldn't be chomping at the bit to go to a school that took a relatively unknown, 3rd string, 3-star back and got a 1000 yard season out of him, even with him sharing carries, when by all accounts the team was a dumpster fire.  If Horton and the rest of the crew can pull that off, then they should be able to provide the best opportunity for a top back to shine.

Yep. 

Puttin the feature star on this thread. Devan is committing today on Bright House TV in South Florida around 5 CT. Still no word on an online stream at this time.

Edited by ellitor

Yeah look like DB gonna pick AU. I really want us to throw out all the stops to get Cam Akers. Akers is the best player in the class regardless of position this year imo. 

• Like 2

Keith breaks down Devan Barrett's recruitment and takes other AU questions starting at the 7:10 mark.

Edited by ellitor

I'm with 23.  Still a long way to go til signing day.  Hopefully Akers will hold off and give us a chance to see what we can do.  Like I've been saying he is a difference maker and absolutely would kill it in our offense.  

But today is Barrett's day.  War Eagle Devan and choose the good guys!!  

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'm with 23.  Still a long way to go til signing day.  Hopefully Akers will hold off and give us a chance to see what we can do.  Like I've been saying he is a difference maker and absolutely would kill it in our offense.  

Like Keith said in the video above chances of getting Akers w/ 3 RBs committed if Barrett picks AU is very very long.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Like Keith said in the video above chances of getting Akers w/ 3 RBs committed if Barrett picks AU is very very long.

But do we REALLY have 3 running back commits?  The way I see it, we have a scat back and 2 athletes committed, if Barrett commits.  Akers wouldn't be replacing Matthews if he signed up, and both Williams and Barrett have the potential to play other positions.

We aren't close for Akers at this time from my understanding but success opens a lot of doors.  We will get to around 16-18 commits and will kind of go dry for a while in the middle of the season, we will close out recruiting based on success this year.

Keith is wrong imo if he is saying our chances are very long with Akers because we have 3 rbs committed. I don't think us having 3 rbs committed will affect Akers one way or another. Akers could come to Auburn and be a starter or very least in the 2 deep at rbs next year. Like I said Akers is the best player in the 2017 class imo and we will take him no matter what if he decided he wanted to come. Also I very highly doubt he is afraid of any competition. DB is a good player, but Akers is a game changer.  That being said we are not running any better than 4th right now with Akers. With DB I am glad he will be coming to Auburn, and he is a solid player.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Keith is wrong imo if he is saying our chances are very long with Akers because we have 3 rbs committed. I don't think us having 3 rbs committed will affect Akers one way or another. Akers could come to Auburn and be a starter or very least in the 2 deep at rbs next year. Like I said Akers is the best player in the 2017 class imo and we will take him no matter what if he decided he wanted to come. Also I very highly doubt he is afraid of any competition. DB is a good player, but Akers is a game changer.  That being said we are not running any better than 4th right now with Akers. With DB I am glad he will be coming to Auburn, and he is a solid player.

Nothing was said about us not taking him. He just said the odds would be longer with 3 RBs already committed. He does have a point. How often do you see 4 RBs in 1 class? Very, very rare.

On 7/26/2016 at 6:40 PM, corchjay said:

I was just speaking my opinion on what I have seen in his highlights.

However, you guys realize in high school if you run a sub 5.0 forty you are more then likely to pull away from most defenders, right?  All these 4.4, 4.3, 4.2 guys probably really run about a 4.6 or.7 in actuality.  The 4.4 guys are like all-american type sprinters in high school.  They are few an far between.  

His vision is pretty good, you can tell he's been a running back probably his entire life.  A low 3 star is an absolute stud in high school  Especially a smaller school levels they will look like beasts.  Anyone know what classification he plays in?   

His feet are good.  Makes pretty good cuts, I don't see that he likes contact, and I'd bet he doesn't run a 4.6...  IMO  

troll

Keith is interviewing former AU Tiger & 1 of Devan's coaches Jeris Mcintyre. J-Mac projects Devan be to be around 6'1-6'2 & 215-220 at AU FWIW.

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Great insight.  

War Eagle Devan!  Welcome aboard.  

So if he comes in at 6'1 and 215-220 lbs. do you think he would make an every down back then?