2017 4* RB Devan Barrett signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

3 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I agree Mikey! I was just stating the obvious. I would rather that we take a stance and take him off of our list. The one thing that I agree with the midget in turdtown on is that if you are looking, we are looking. I hope we have a solid plan B. I want DB to be in this class, but we need confirmation or we need to go after someone else. It's too close to signing day to be playing games with kids that are still visiting and making statements like that.

I think at this stage of the game we're stuck. Barrett is considered by many to be the best RB prospect in Florida and there isn't anybody else out there that could possibly serve as a quality replacement. We have A. Williams committed, but his grades are a question mark.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think at this stage of the game we're stuck. Barrett is considered by many to be the best RB prospect in Florida and there isn't anybody else out there that could possibly serve as a quality replacement. We have A. Williams committed, but his grades are a question mark.

That's what I'm afraid of...not a good time for DB to be wavering.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Barrett has AU by the cajones. But I think he signs with AU in the end. Hope Barrett doesn't do a surprise visit to Clemson. Then all bets are off. 

• Like 2

Lindsey and Horton need to finalize this young man. I have great faith in Horton so I think when all is said and done we will get him but with young men you never know for sure until you have the fax in hand.

• Like 1

Hope it's just me but seems a little shaky at RB.  OM and DB still visiting and AW would be too (probably) except for academics. I'm sure we have backup plans (JUCOs or Grad. transfers) but it's hard to be real excited about that.

I think we keep Barrett. Like WDE-WDE said, I will be very nervous if Clemson comes calling.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, autan said:

Hope it's just me but seems a little shaky at RB.  OM and DB still visiting and AW would be too (probably) except for academics. I'm sure we have backup plans (JUCOs or Grad. transfers) but it's hard to be real excited about that.

AW is in good shape to qualify now & AU is in a good spot with DB at the moment.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Just can't understand why any kid wouldn't want to play for Coach Horton at RBU. That should, by far, be the easiest position for us to sell.

The whole OC drama had DB dotting his Is & crossing his Ts at the time. Has nothing to do with Horton.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The whole OC drama had DB dotting his Is & crossing his Ts at the time. Has nothing to do with Horton.

Smart kid. Horton's only as good as his OC. 

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Is Barrettes not happy with the hiring of Lindsey as OC?

Don't know yet but the OC drama before he was hired was definitely not a good thing.

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Is Barrettes not happy with the hiring of Lindsey as OC?

Let's hope he gets OK with things. I think he is the real deal.

Edited by JFDTiger80

I think Barrett is AU all the way.  Remember Craig Meyers did the same LY...  Looked at South Carolina I think...   

I think he is just enjoying this last shot of being recruited and I don't blame him.   

Edited by The Plainsman

10 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I think Barrett is AU all the way.  Remember Craig Meyers did the same LY...  Looked at South Carolina I think...   

I think he is just enjoying this last shot of being recruited and I don't blame him.   

North Carolina & almost picked them per some reports.

Edited by ellitor

Hope we can seal the deal with this guy. He is what I like to call a glider, doesn't wow you with highlight reel moves, but subtly moves past you. Played against a guy like him years ago. You break down to tackle him, and all of a sudden he disappears. Don't think he has elite speed, but neither did Emmet Smith.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

E do you think AW actually plays RB? I don't. DB is the real deal imo, he is as important as Moultry imo, does Matthews remind u of Brad Lester? does me.

Man, I loved to watch Brad Lester run with the ball. I was very surprised the year he went to the combine to find out he wasn't faster than he was. He was one of those that looked like he was faster than he was I guess. He seemed to always hit the hole 100mph.

32 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

E do you think AW actually plays RB?

More than 1 person can play RB & IDK.

32 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

does Matthews remind u of Brad Lester?

IDK. I try no to compare players much anymore.

37 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Man, I loved to watch Brad Lester run with the ball. I was very surprised the year he went to the combine to find out he wasn't faster than he was. He was one of those that looked like he was faster than he was I guess. He seemed to always hit the hole 100mph.

I was a big fan of BL & OM reminds me of him for some reason.