Capital City Classic

Glad this one was on the big SEC channel. That was fun to watch!

Ten runs, and without a single wasted out on a bunt attempt!

Sign a 5* LB and Mikey's living a dream week

Sign a 5* LB and Mikey's living a dream week

One wouldn't be enough.

But a couple sac flies I think.....maybe we should change that SF to a standard AB and reduce their batting average accordingly rather than "reward" the hitter for making an out? How about that? I mean, why all the back slapping when a guy flies out to left or something with a runner on 3rd ?

But a couple sac flies I think.....maybe we should change that SF to a standard AB and reduce their batting average accordingly rather than "reward" the hitter for making an out? How about that? I mean, why all the back slapping when a guy flies out to left or something with a runner on 3rd ?

A sac fly is pretty much an accident. The batter had a chance to get a hit and was trying to get a hit. The bunt, on the other hand, is saying it's a success to trade a base for an out. In some games when it's the 8th inning or later and one run will make a big difference, a bunt attempt makes sense. But the idea of trading a base for an out, with the significant percentage of bunt attempts that fail added into the equation, is a bad idea indeed when it's earlier in the game.

A sac fly is pretty much an accident. The batter had a chance to get a hit and was trying to get a hit. The bunt, on the other hand, is saying it's a success to trade a base for an out. In some games when it's the 8th inning or later and one run will make a big difference, a bunt attempt makes sense. But the idea of trading a base for an out, with the significant percentage of bunt attempts that fail added into the equation, is a bad idea indeed when it's earlier in the game.

hi

Agree..about 98% of SFs are an accident and batter gets benefit from making an out if a runner happens to score but not if the runner goes from second to third. Seems unfair

Archived