2017 4* WR Henry Ruggs III

ellitor

Has an AU offer per Rivals & apparently AU is picking up the heat on his recruitment

Has 14 P5 conference offers including 7 from the SEC

Has only played 1 year of football & already is rated a 4* & top 200 player in the class

Hudl Jr Highlights

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E, thanks for posting. I hope he doesn't go to Bama. For playing just 1 year of football, he is very impressive. Great skills catching the ball in tight spots and in traffic. He is not afraid to catch the ball while slanting to the middle. Love to get him.

• 3 months later...

Four-star in-state WR visits Auburn again

Wide receiver Henry Ruggs visited Auburn Thursday as he closes in on a final decision.

Vdb2dx2aayxue7adii3t
Ruggs was in Auburn to compete in a 7-on-7 tournament.

AUBURN | Henry Ruggs visited Auburn for a fifth time in the last year Thursday with only a couple of weeks to go before he plans to announce a final decision.

“They’ve been recruiting me hard, they’re right down the street and it’s an in-state school so they’re always going to have an edge on other schools,” said Ruggs, a four-star wide receiver from Lee High School in Montgomery, Ala.

Ruggs, 6-foot and 171 pounds, doesn’t have an official list of top schools but said Florida, Auburn and Alabama are the ones on his mind the most right now.

He plans to announce a decision on Aug. 1.

“I feel like I’m almost there but I haven’t made my mind up 100 percent,” Ruggs said. “I’m just looking for the best fit for me and where I’ll be comfortable so I can play 100 percent to my full potential.

“I just want to get recruiting out of the way so I can focus on my high school and my senior season.”

Ruggs attended two Auburn games last fall and two spring practices earlier this year.

“It’s a great place, a great environment. They have great fans that just support Auburn,” he said.

Ruggs, who was in Auburn Thursday with his teammates competing in a 7-on-7 camp, spent a lot of time with wide receivers coach Kodi Burns.

“He’s been recruiting me hard,” Ruggs said. “We have long talks, we have deep talks. We just connect on a personal level because of his age and we get along really well.”

Ruggs also spent time with freshman safety Daniel Thomas, who signed with Auburn out of Lee in February.

“He loves it up here,” Ruggs said. “He said they’re going to work hard but they have fun at the same time.”

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/four-star-in-state-wr-visits-auburn-again

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

All CBs to Bama right now, and a flurry of them within the last month or so.

He'a all Bama if they want him which appears they do.

This guy going to UAT, unless UAT decides to go in another direction. It will be interesting to see if HR has a spot at UAT when all is said and done. UAT will get and take Jeudy, Smith, and the guy from Missouri. I am not sure how many wr they are wanting to sign.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

With Juedy to UAT, do we have a better shot with Ruggs?

Possibly. He wanted to commit to Bama next Monday but they weren't ready to take it, likely because they knew they were going to get Jeudy. So Ruggs does not have a timeline for a commitment anymore. I'm just not sure how much he has warmed up to the idea of going to anywhere but Bama yet.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Gators are not doing very well with top receivers in Fl.

As to mean that's why they came to Alabama to look at Ruggs?

• 4 months later...

Keith on Ruggs

He told different reporters different things this week.

First, he told me it was a big deal. Then, he said it wasn't 20 seconds later.

So, I mean, that's kind of telling.

I think he'll OV to Auburn in January, but I don't see him picking the Tigers at this time.

AU think it is doing fine with the 6-feet WR Noah I. He and Ruggs are the same size. Ruggs more athletic. Noah faster.

Take your pick.

1st 2 statements is about whether getting Stidham was big to Ruggs or not.

On 7/29/2016 at 7:50 AM, ellitor said:

Possibly. He wanted to commit to Bama next Monday but they weren't ready to take it, likely because they knew they were going to get Jeudy. So Ruggs does not have a timeline for a commitment anymore. I'm just not sure how much he has warmed up to the idea of going to anywhere but Bama yet.

Just fax the letter anyway right. Pretty funny. I would rather go all in for T. Black. I hate being someone's back up plan

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith on Ruggs

1st 2 statements is about whether getting Stidham was big to Ruggs or not.

There is NO substitute for speed. You can't teach it. IMO speed wins especially at this young age.

Apparently Askew and the boys put a HUGE push on him at the Mississippi/Alabama All-Star game. It will be interesting to see if that, plus Stidham gets in his head.

41 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

any news here? when does he plan to commit?

He really does not want to come to AU right now. And he'll commit when he gets a committable offer that he wants (Bama). If that does not happen he'll commit to Florida the week of NSD if their offer is commitable.

Obviously not his words but that's how his reecruitment has been going.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Montgomery should be an AU town for recruiting.    It's hard to believe we usually strike out with the blue-chippers like this one.

On 12/14/2016 at 4:45 PM, fredst said:

How do so many of the Montgomery guys end up being "anywhere but AU" guys? Very frustrating...

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

Yes, Montgomery should be an AU town for recruiting.    It's hard to believe we usually strike out with the blue-chippers like this one.

Think back to what it was like being a high school student.  For a lot of kids, the #1 goal is to get away from home and get away from the "local school".  You can bet that a lot of these kids have spent a ton of time at Auburn growing up and they have likely convinced themselves that they are bored with it. They are also getting a hard sell about getting away from home and discovering new things.

There is A LOT of bammer money and influence in Montgomery. I heard a former bammer guy on the radio while driving thru B'ham(headed to the Ole Miss game) on a Saturday morning a couple of years ago. He had Gene Jelks in the studio and was pushing Gene's book? and was asking the bammer fans to give Gene a second chance. The striking thing was that he said that he played baseball for bammer in the 70's and witnessed first hand that the football player parking lot was field with new cars from Capital Chevy in Montgomery and implied that he knew the players weren't paying for them . I was surprised that he actually implied that the turds have been cheating since the 70's and named the name of the supplier of the cars. 

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

There is A LOT of bammer money and influence in Montgomery. I heard a former bammer guy on the radio while driving thru B'ham(headed to the Ole Miss game) on a Saturday morning a couple of years ago. He had Gene Jelks in the studio and was pushing Gene's book? and was asking the bammer fans to give Gene a second chance. The striking thing was that he said that he played baseball for bammer in the 70's and witnessed first hand that the football player parking lot was field with new cars from Capital Chevy in Montgomery and implied that he knew the players weren't paying for them . I was surprised that he actually implied that the turds have been cheating since the 70's and named the name of the supplier of the cars. 

Wait a minute.... how are they getting Dodge Chargers from a Chevy dealer?

5 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

You mean college football players receive benefits to come to play for schools? No way! 

Anywho, I am not holding my breath on this guy and if it is true what E is saying then I would much rather spend vital time on other recruits. 

Archived