2017 4* WR Henry Ruggs III

ellitor

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Wait a minute.... how are they getting Dodge Chargers from a Chevy dealer?

You should know by now that using actual logic doesn't work in these forums. ?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

There is A LOT of bammer money and influence in Montgomery. I heard a former bammer guy on the radio while driving thru B'ham(headed to the Ole Miss game) on a Saturday morning a couple of years ago. He had Gene Jelks in the studio and was pushing Gene's book? and was asking the bammer fans to give Gene a second chance. The striking thing was that he said that he played baseball for bammer in the 70's and witnessed first hand that the football player parking lot was field with new cars from Capital Chevy in Montgomery and implied that he knew the players weren't paying for them . I was surprised that he actually implied that the turds have been cheating since the 70's and named the name of the supplier of the cars. 

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Wait a minute.... how are they getting Dodge Chargers from a Chevy dealer?

You missed the part highlighted. You don't have swag unless it's a Charger or a Challenger(which a lot of people mistake for a Charger) in today's world. The photo below is of Derek Henry and his CHALLENGER, purchased by his middle school teacher.... 

ca5b591c7723cc9c25d3138b5c182c2f_crop_no

10 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

You missed the part highlighted. You don't have swag unless it's a Charger or a Challenger(which a lot of people mistake for a Charger) in today's world. The photo below is of Derek Henry and his CHALLENGER, purchased by his middle school teacher.... 

Nope... didn't miss it.  Challengers are also Dodge... not Chevy. Unless Capital Chevy is no longer the dealer of choice, it doesn't add up.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Nope... didn't miss it.  Challengers are also Dodge... not Chevy. Unless Capital Chevy is no longer the dealer of choice, it doesn't add up.

I guess you don't know what the 70's mean? What part of he played baseball for the turds in the 70's and saw this activity do you not understand? 

6 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I guess you don't know what the 70's mean? What part of he played baseball for the turds in the 70's and saw this activity do you not understand? 

I understand every word of it... I also understand that the guy was calling out a dealership on the radio, a couple of years ago, which would lead one to believe that the dealership still exists and the guy was implying that they are still in business with the REC.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

As of today Capital Chevrolet in Montgomery has four pre-owned Chargers and three pre-owned Challengers in their inventory.

A booster buys a new car, trades it in to the dealership, then the student-athlete gets a heads up on a killer deal.

WDE!

4 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Yes, Montgomery should be an AU town for recruiting.    It's hard to believe we usually strike out with the blue-chippers like this one.

He's got Bama corsing through his veins. Never really wanted to come to AU. Kodi hasn't helped though apparently.

4 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Yes, Montgomery should be an AU town for recruiting.    It's hard to believe we usually strike out with the blue-chippers like this one.

There is no town in this entire state that can be considered an AU town for recruiting. Gumps outnumber us at least 2 to 1 anywhere you go. Doesn't matter if it's 5 hours from campus or 5 minutes 

50 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

As of today Capital Chevrolet in Montgomery has four pre-owned Chargers and three pre-owned Challengers in their inventory.

A booster buys a new car, trades it in to the dealership, then the student-athlete gets a heads up on a killer deal.

WDE!

You know wayyy to much about how this works... just sayin :)

10 minutes ago, PotPot said:

There is no town in this entire state that can be considered an AU town for recruiting. Gumps outnumber us at least 2 to 1 anywhere you go. Doesn't matter if it's 5 hours from campus or 5 minutes 

You mean except Auburn... we outnumber them there by quite a bit... yet they still steal key recruits.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You mean except Auburn... we outnumber them there by quite a bit... yet they still steal key recruits.

Even in Auburn we only outnumber them on campus. 5 minutes away, not so sure.

3 minutes ago, PotPot said:

Even in Auburn we only outnumber them on campus. 5 minutes away, not so sure.

Most of the people who live in Auburn either work for the University or work for businesses that support the students/university. There aren't a lot of hardcore bama fans in the mix. It would be kind of like vampires trying to live next to the sun.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Most of the people who live in Auburn either work for the University or work for businesses that support the students/university. There aren't a lot of hardcore bama fans in the mix. It would be kind of like vampires trying to live next to the sun.

There's more Bama fans here than you think. It's sickening. When school is in session we outnumber them. When it's not I'm not so sure.

Just now, ellitor said:

There's more Bama fans here than you think. It's sickening. When school is in session we outnumber them. When it's not I'm not so sure.

That's shocking... I never encountered a single one in my 8 years there. I know that no Auburn fan would live in Tuscaloosa unless there were circumstances outside of their control.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

That's shocking... I never encountered a single one in my 8 years there. I know that no Auburn fan would live in Tuscaloosa unless there were circumstances outside of their control.

Been here nearly 20 years & see a number of em. They don't flaunt it like in every other city but they are here.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

When did you go to school here? Must have been between 2001 and 2007 when we beat the bama out of them.

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

When did you go to school here? Must have been between 2001 and 2007 when we beat the bama out of them.

Nope... 91-97 with an extended stay to 99, working in Columbus and Montgomery.

46 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I know that no Auburn fan would live in Tuscaloosa unless there were circumstances outside of their control.

I live in Tuscaloosa and know quite a few Auburn Fans here. They are not living here due to circumstances outside their control. They are successful people who can work and live numerous places. Maybe I will do a survey.

19 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

I live in Tuscaloosa and know quite a few Auburn Fans here. They are not living here due to circumstances outside their control. They are successful people who can work and live numerous places. Maybe I will do a survey.

Then why would you and they choose to live in the shadow of bama?

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Then why would you and they choose to live in the shadow of bama?

Maybe people like the location, people, their jobs, have family here. I get along with bammers, as long as we don't talk football. Pastor and his wife, of the Church I attend are Auburn Grads and Fans. Guess his being in Tuscaloosa is out of his control, lol.

25 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Pastor and his wife, of the Church I attend are Auburn Grads and Fans. Guess his being in Tuscaloosa is out of his control, lol.

Someone has to save their souls :)

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

You know wayyy to much about how this works... just sayin :)

Well, I know a lot of dealerships have a used car lot too, so I took a cursory look just to see what they had.  Also consider, a dealership might have a few cars going through the pre-owned certification process that don't appear on an inventory list and won't be available until that department manager is willing to let them go.  That could basically reserve a vehicle for the right customer.  Anyone can tell a motivated salesman what they're looking for and they'll do their best to track it down.  Might even get some options or rims or something to sweeten the deal.  

Regarding my personal involvement with such things, I'm happy to report I'm currently nurturing a relationship with a potential prospect.  His mom travels a lot for work and he stays with us when she's out of town.  Technically, I met him before he started playing varsity sports, and it wasn't through sports, so I think we're golden.  He's a really good athlete already, and if he gets as big as his older brother (who is an OLB/DE at a small college out west), he's going to be a monster safety.  Really smart kid, too.

WDE!

5 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Regarding my personal involvement with such things, I'm happy to report I'm currently nurturing a relationship with a potential prospect.  His mom travels a lot for work and he stays with us when she's out of town.  Technically, I met him before he started playing varsity sports, and it wasn't through sports, so I think we're golden.  He's a really good athlete already, and if he gets as big as his older brother (who is an OLB/DE at a small college out west), he's going to be a monster safety.  Really smart kid, too.

Just don't sequester him in Florida the last couple of weeks before signing day and I think you'll be ok.

Archived